**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

^^^ I agree, as seen in previous seasons, TPTB have a hard enough time being consistent with 3-4 main characters...throw in 2 more, and rotate them a bit...[​IMG] not gonna work

2. electra

electra Pathologist

It seems like this forum is on fire!!:lol: It took me forever to read the new pages.

I do not exactly like Cal in danger again but I will wait and see.I feel like silentdisco,becouse I do not consider CSIM a top show but once in a while is so ridiculously absurd that is fun to watch and of course I enjoy my ship.But I understand the frustration of some fans becouse TPTB have not played fair.

BTW,Who is Tom? And if anyone can PM about JT personal issues becouse I have no idea.

3. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

Tom is the new ME (alexx's old job)

4. electra

electra Pathologist

Thanks,CSI Natalia.

5. slower

slower Lab Technician

If were're going to bring up Jon's issue, we might as well bring up Eddie's issues (plurel). :rolleyes:

IMHO Adam and Emily both need to go; and only because they started this whole nonsense and campaign to get Adam back. Come on people; what other job allows you to rally the neighbors to get your job back for you. I know that we would have issues and express our displeasure at the loss of Jon; but he wouldn't be chooseing to leave. It would be b/c a selfish person decided because he couldn't have his way, he was going to make them see it his way and therefore someone else is going to have to bite the bullet and leave. I have lost all respect for Adam and Emily.

THIS SHOW IS NOT CSI: CALLEIGH/ERIC!!!!:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

6. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Why are folks getting so worked-up about whether Jon/Ryan will be leaving the show? Am I missing something? :confused: I haven't seen anything from a reliable source even remotely indicating that this could be the case. So, as far as I'm concerned, CSIM w/o Ryan is not even within the realm of possibility right now. I personally don't believe this, but let's assume for the sake of argument that another castmember would have to go to make room for Eric to return to the show full-time. Why in the world would that "sacrificial lamb" be Ryan?:rolleyes: He's a solid part of the cast, and many fans (incl. myself) like him. I can think of a couple of other castmembers (Jesse would be first on my list:p) that would/should be shown the door before Ryan was even considered. IMO, Jon's real-life legal issues won't have any impact on his status on the show. Think about it ... with all the legal scrapes celebs get into, if legal troubles were a basis for kicking someone off a show, then no-one would be on TV!:lol:

7. electra

electra Pathologist

I agree,delquesne.Two and a half men,anyone? I prefer normally not to comment about actors real life issues becouse we can never be too sure what is exactly going on.Whatever happens,I want to have Eric back full time.

8. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

The ONLY reason I say it would be Ryan is because he really does get his screen time cut in half... for every reason. He has had less and less screen time (with the exception of Miami, we have a problem) all season long. Last season was decent, but with the addition of Jesse, they have been focusing more and more on Jesse-- where as Nat and Ryan should have been moved up, THEN the focus could be on Jesse. It's okay to give the new guys storylines, ect-- but when you have ones who's been on the show for years, to get compromised for the sake of someone new being FORCED on us, it's no fun. That would be like if when Ryan came on, he would have taken all the screen time away from Eric--- I can't see that flying well, which is understandable, because each have their own fans and fanbase.

My only point here is it isn't fair TPTB become a revolving door around someone who WANTED to leave in the first place. I like him too, a lot, and I hated to see him go... but I don't think anyone on the show should have to be moved around (even Jesse or Walter) just because he wants to come back. Just my opinion. No offense at ALL to anyone... so please don't take any!!!

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Wow, I was just going to say:Charlie Sheen, Alec Baldwin...if everyone was to lose a job because of the personal issues, not many people in Hollywood left ;)
    I'm sure Jon will stay(I hope so anyway) and the first one to go would be Jesse, who didn't gain such popularity as Omar Miller. By the way, I wonder, why there are only two women in CSIM...I understand that Tara didn't quite fit, but they could hire a bit older, Alexx-like, woman...

10. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Since when was Emily involved in the campaign to get Adam back full time? I wasn't aware that she had anything to do with it. :rolleyes: As far as I know, fans of Adam/Eric started the petition, Facebook groups, encouraged others to write in to CBS to get Adam back full time. In fact, I believe in terms of organizing, Adam's Yahoo Fan Group did a lot of the work. While Adam is in touch with the owner/maintainer of the group, he does not control it, and merely expressed gratitude that he had so many fans who enjoyed him on the show.

Again, I wasn't aware that they were in control of the show. Do you have any evidence that they do? Sure, they can share ideas for what direction they want their characters to go in, but it's the writers who produce the stories, and the producers who have the most control. I guess I must have missed the article about how Adam and Emily threw tantrums and refused to come out of their trailers until they got their way. :lol:

Adam has been in 5 of 15 of the episodes that have aired so far. How is it CSI:Calleigh/Eric if there is no Calleigh/Eric in two thirds of the episodes?

I understand being frustrated that Ryan, Frank, and Natalia haven't been as prominent for a while, especially if they're some of your favorite characters. But blaming Adam and Emily for it when there's no evidence to prove that they're the ones calling the shots isn't really fair. Just as Adam's fans were free to start a petition to get him back on the show, or write into CBS, you have the right to start a petition to give other characters more screen time, and write to the execs expressing your displeasure. :)

11. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I don't understand why people take things so seriously. I don't think anything terribly bad of David Caruso, honest. While I haven't seen his work on NYPD Blue, I heard he was great in it, and has real acting talent. I believe it. I love the Horatio gimmick. The sunglasses, angle of his head, one-liners, hands on hips. It's awesome. And David Caruso seems like a perfectly nice person. When I get around to starting the NAARP (National Association for the Advancement of Redhead Persons) I want him to be one of our celebrity spokespersons :lol:

CSI:Miami was more about the drama and the realism in seasons 1-3. After that, they switched it to projecting a less serious image. Gratuitous shots of women in bikinis, amping up the Horatio gimmick, etc. I still enjoy it, but I don't expect it to get the praise it might've gotten for being a "groundbreaking drama" if it had chosen to go in that direction.

Seriously, y'all, it's a TV show. I love TV, I love talking about TV. I'm in the design field, so I'm always looking at how my chosen career applies to what they're doing on the show. But there comes a point where if the show you fell in love with isn't the show you see on TV every week, you have to make some decisions about how important it is to see every episode when it first airs, whether or not to fast forward through scenes you don't care about, or if you want to drop it entirely. If there's something you feel strongly about, you can choose to be proactive about it, or you can say "I'd rather just be a viewer and I choose not to get involved."

Sometimes, the best thing to do is just to let it go, or take a step back and watch what happens.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, one thing is for sure if Eric does stay, I hope Eric and Ryan continue to develop a strong/friendly bond. I loved the handshake between the two of them the first time Eric returned after his injury (the recent injury I mean). It was really nice to see and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more moments like that one. :)

I like Tom, but I said from the beginning (after Tara left) that they should have gotten an older female ME (older than Alexx)... because Alexx was like a mom to all of them except H, whom she was sisterly towards. If they had gotten a woman older than Alexx, she could have been like a grandma to everyone. :lol: I mean seriously, there are some seventy even eighty year old people who still work as doctors. :lol:

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Delynn again I agree 110%.

Yes, Adam has only been on 5 episodes THIS season, but one has to take the whole series into consideration, not just this season and E/C has vitually taken over the show. Not just the romance but their individual screentime as well has been at the expense of the other characters. And if Adam comes back full time, will Eric and Calleigh dominate the show again or will any of the other characters old or new stand a chance at quality screen time?

I don't believe they are calling the shots, but Emily has been vocal about the fans expressing their support for the E/C romance at the very least (not sure about bringing Adam back). Because of the continual lack of quality screentime and character development for Ryan, Frank and Natalia, it sure seems as if tptb are listening more to these two than the fan base.

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm sorry, silentdisco. But you could have fooled me that you don't think badly of Caruso or the way he portrays Horatio.

You may have intended this to be read as a harmless joke, but you'll have to forgive me as one of David's fans for being a little sensitive. After watching him be bashed pretty soundly on a regular basis, here and elsewhere, I've gotten tired or hearing/reading it. Some try to disguise it, but it's there. On another thread today I found this quote:

He is the only "red-head" on the show and this statement is in response to recent spoilers regarding Calleigh and Eric and the possiblity of seeing "touching and heartwrenching" scenes indicated in those spoilers. That possibity was dismissed because CSI Miami is the "red-headed stepchild."

So no. Generally I don't laugh at, or find funny, attacks on Caruso. And I stopped giving people the benefit of the doubt a while back because I find that more often than not these statements are intended not only to be negative, but to solicit more negativity towards him as people pile on and join in the "joke/attack."

What's really funny? David is the one with the great sense of humor when it comes to "good natured teasing". However, that's not what I found this to be.

My apologies if I misunderstood the intent of your statement. But I honestly don't feel I did. I'd be glad to take it to PM if I've really misunderstood so that we can discuss it.

I know that I saw one interview, I believe it was on ET, where both Procter and Rodriguez were interviewed separately. Procter was trying to get fans to right in and support the romance and Rodriguez was talking about how you take friends who've moved into a relationship and move them back to being friends and if that was even possible.

I've also heard several times that Rodriguez has said he would like to move on past the romance now.

I really have no doubt that Procter was/is the driving force behind the E/C relationship and I think Ann Donahue bought into it and that's why it won't die.

And there are a significant number of fans who have been screaming for a long time that we want to see more Natalia, Ryan and Frank. I'm actually going to add Horatio to that at this point.

But Eva, Jon and Rex haven't been asking or encouraging fans become active on their behalf.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  15. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I'm sure Jon will stay(I hope so anyway) and the first one to go would be Jesse, who didn't gain such popularity as Omar Miller.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.