**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Ryan is still "mini-H" in training. Apparently the full invincibility cloak hasn't kicked in yet. Maybe he has more trials to pass before he earns full cloaking protection rights! ;)

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

But Eric will come out smelling like a rose and these issues won't even be addressed. He isn't Ryan after all.

I have come to the conclusion a long time ago that there isn't much imagination or originality with this group of writers. Maybe they need NEW writers:rolleyes:

Whether one is a E/C shipper or not (and I am definitely NOT), I agree with everyone else which said it needs to be resolved. How long can you drag something out before it becomes redundant and boring? I have a sick feeling though it won't be resolved any time soon.:(

You bet I will continue to "harp" as well. When E/C is a factor in an episode, it takes up a majority of that episode and the inequalties in screentime for the other characters are more pronounced and frustrating for those of us wanting to see those other characters. And greatfan is 100% correct; it will happen because it has happened it the past:(

I wasn't sure if I needed to post my response non-spoiler so I am doing it to be safe.

Lovely. As much as I like Eric (himself not the ship), and if he decides to return, how are they going to find quality screentime for the log jam of characters they will have? :confused: Someone is going to get shorted and I have a feeling who it will be. If His (and certain others who I believe will be affected as well) screentime is affected, it won't make a lot of us too happy. If tptb can balance the screentime okay, but I don't see it happening

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well Supernatural did make fun of CSI:Miami -- maybe they're returning the favour. :p Sounds pretty much like 'In My Time Of Dying' from season 2.

My first thought (aside from the similarities to other shows) is that it's an interesting concept for a crime drama to tackle. It's not everyday we see our main characters actually solving the case on their death beds. :lol: From reading the spoilers, it doesn't sound like it's a dream/hallucination that Calleigh's having; it seems like they want us to believe she's actually in 'spirit form'/having a near death experience etc.

After the murder in outer space, this doesn't come as such a surprise anymore. I'll definitely have to reserve further judgement until Episode Day but so far, it sounds pretty creative.

As for having Eric investigating the lab, the stuff about a defining moment for E/C that will affect them the rest of the series (paraphrasing) etc...meh. I'm happy that there may be some sort of conclusion either way regarding the relationship but I'm not terribly excited over an investigation of the lab. It just always goes the same way.

1. Someone thinks the lab isn't 100% kosher.
    2. Someone gets hired to infiltrate the lab secretly or everyone's informed.
    3. CSIs start gossiping in the layout room/hallways/evidence locker about how annoying and detrimental to ongoing investigations it is to have someone constantly looking over their shoulder. Or someone gets suspicious and suspects a secret!investigation causing rumors to fly.
    4. A confrontation begins between afforementioned CSI(s) and the investigator.
    5. Case gets solved, investigator determines there's really nothing wrong with the lab afterall and everyone goes home happy except for the investigator who pouts in the corner for not getting to shut down the #2 lab in the country.

The end.

Of course being that Eric is the one involved, it'll differ in that his Lab Family can't possibly be corrupt but he's going to do his job anyway because he's Mister Objective and to hell with people who have a problem with it. Just speculating but it's something I've seen over and over again with many shows.

I really don't feel the character of Delko has any growth or purpose left on this show on his own. *shrugs* To me, the character has run its course and they should stop beating the dead horse. I'm sure there are a lot who disagree being that he's a favourite but that's where I stand.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  4. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

After the way Natalia was brought onto the show (aka the mole), I think it's another almost circle-jerk, that Delko would now be working to uncover something/someone within the lab...

Seems like everything in this episodes has been done before :rolleyes:

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Of course he will. Only Ryan is made to pay for his mistakes on this show and it's getting old. And while Horatio, Natalia and Alexx always treated Ryan well, they hardly ever work (in Alexx's case "worked") with him. We always get to see Eric and Calleigh smacking him around.

We finally get some fresh blood, characters who treat Ryan as friends and don't bust his chops everytime they see him and who are truly fun to watch and instead of capitalizing on that aspect of the character interaction - they go back to that same old, tired E/C crap.

No originality, imagination or judgment apparently. To drag this storyline out for so long by jerking the audience around is really an insult. They should credit the loyalty of the fans to the actors and the characters that we first loved when the series started for all of us hanging in there for as long as we have.

I've been hoping against hope that Horatio would do a turn around and now that he finally has he gets put in the background, along with Ryan, Natalia and Frank, so that Eric and Calleigh can have non-committed sex.

Makes me wanna watch - NOT! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You KNOW it won't be resolved. Because the writers, TPTB, the network and even the actors are so far removed from fans frustrations with all of this they don't have a clue. They are living in their tower of silence where they keep pushing out this hopeless garbarge thinking it's good stuff. :guffaw:

Very nicely said, MiamiWolfe!

Again, you KNOW who it will be. Who it always is. Ryan, Natalia and Frank! I'm still at a loss to understand why it's so hard for some to understand why those of us who enjoy Horatio, Ryan, Natalia, Frank, and now Jesse, Walter and Tom, are tired of E/C sucking up all the screen time.

Just as they want to see their favorite characters we want to see ours as well.

TPTB are just like Chris Carter when the fans of The X-Files were ripping each other to shreds. They either turn a blind eye or they do know how much anger and hosility there is out here and they are getting some kind of perverse joy out of it. They think it means we care. I guess it does - until en mass we don't care anymore and a significant number of fans walk away in frustration because we're tired of our concerns being dismissed as being of no consequence. :(

6. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd actually be agreeing with the non-shippers;) (or, I should say, non-E/C shippers, since there are a few disgruntled EDeN, CaRWash and DuCaine fans floating around:lol:). But I have to concur that it's time for the CSIM writers to p!ss or get off the pot, so to speak. The direction in which the writers appear to be taking the E/C story arc could end up just annoying everybody: Both the Calleighko fans (myself included) who want to see the couple to have their "happy ending," :adore: and the anti-Hiphuggers, who just want the E/C romance to end one way or another.:( If the writers keep yanking our collective chain, they're going to end up alienating fans on both sides. Oh well, the air-date for 8.20 is still quite far off, and early spoilers often change before the episode actually airs, so here's hoping that logic will prevail.[​IMG]

7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

And I frankly think it got worse when the Eric and Calleigh got together.
    And that is the major reason why I enjoy Jesse and Walter's presense on the show; their acceptance and befriending of Ryan. I got so tired of the division in the ranks which usually had Ryan on the outside looking in. And if Eric (if he does come back full-time) and Calleigh are together again, will the presense of Jesse and Walter be enough to keep things from going back to the way they were before? And E/C, with all the drama and will they or won't they, going on and on and on is getting, for some of us, frustrating to watch.

Well said and so true Delynn:thumbsup:

Absolutely!! Why should we be denied our favorites? It is also a slap in the face for RL,JT,ELR and DC for these actors to work hard, put in their time and then be shoved aside for E/C. The newbies bring something fresh and Ryan and Natalia are untapped potential for story lines. And H is always interesting to watch. Resolve E/C and get back to the TEAM and developing other characters!

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, if its a parody, then okay... but if they plan to make it completely serious, it just leaves me with this look: :wtf: on my face. :lol:

I'd be fine with it if it was a sci-fi-ish cop show... but this is supposed to be a more realistic (though they push the envelope a lot lol) show. The concept of out of body experiences and all of that stuff just seems really odd. :lol:

In all honesty, that episode didn't really seem all that weird to me. :lol: I mean given the way they explained it and all. The only thing I'll say is that I would think that falling from a spaceship and landing on a car would smush the body a little more. :lol:

Well said! When I hear that they are even considering storylines involving ghosts and whatnot it just makes me wonder if they are purposely trying to sabotage the show. :lol:

9. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

To be honest, I don't know what to make of this ghostly premise. Magnum PI had a ghostly Magnum in one ep so who knows right?

Someone above mentioned that Delko could return. That has me thinking more than ever that someone is going to get toasted to make room for him and I think its
    Ryan due to Togo's recent legal snafu

10. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Eric back, Ryan gone?!? I don't like that idea, if they get rid of someone should be one of the new one's. The dynamic of Ryan and Eric is great, I say it keep that relationship. Or Eric a part timer... I'm sure they'll work it out.

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Recent spoilers about episode 'Backfire' are awesome!:eek:

I think it's real to have people be unconscious/dead and have their spirits wondering around in a weird way. Like I've heard stories of people being on the brink of death or something and wake up to be alright.

I can't wait for this episode, it sounds way too cool!

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If Jesse truly was the replacement for Eric (or the filler-in, whatever) and Eric/Adam does return, it would make the most sense for Jesse to leave. Given the storyline of Jesse's the potential is there for him to make some mistakes that could cost him his job.

Eric part time... that could work... kind of like Sara does on CSI.

13. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

I can't imagine Ryan gone :eek: is this just pure speculation?

14. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I highly doubt Ryan will be gone, if Eric is back. They def can't have 3 big male leads, egos will start flying around. Add that Eric and Calleigh can never work on the same team. They can go set up their own private investigation company. The episode is ridiculous one way or another.

15. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Interesting spoilers. :p

Honestly, I don't feel there's much to do but sit back and watch. And laugh. Why get angry? TPTB have made it clear that their motto is now "WATEVA, WATEVA, I DO WHAT I WANT!"

At least I know when people ask me if I genuinely think CSI:Miami is a top-notch show, my answer will still be the same "Are you kidding? Heck no! It's hilariously bad, and that's what makes it fun to watch. The only thing I actually care about is that those two hot characters stay hot together in coupledom. Maybe someday I can get paid a hundred thousand dollars an episode to stand with my hands on my hips, take my sunglasses on and off, and never change my facial expression." :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.