NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The part where the dog smacked someone with its paw was hilarious! My dog has actually done that to me. :lol: I guess I was aggrivating her too much. Heh.

2. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

I absolutely loved the NCIS commercial! My sister and I were cracking up. The rest of the commercials this year weren't the greatest, but I thought that one was fantastic.

3. GregNickRyanFan

I was watching an old ep on USA last night (I'd never seen it before) and it was the one with the sexual harrassment seminar. I about busted a gut laughing when Ziva licked Tony's face and he jumped up and yelled "AHHH!"

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yeah that was funny that was 4x11 "Driven".

Here my favs from that ep.

Abby: And if we do, we'll have the killer code and a clue to who wrote it. (Gibbs pulls an SD card out of a camera while Abby turns to McGee) I think we lost him. We need to try it again but slooower.
    Gibbs: (holding up the SD card) So what you're saying, for example, is we need to find something this small in a Humvee jammed with $22 million worth of electronics.
    McGee: Pretty much.
    Gibbs: We're screwed

Abby: Just sit back and let the scientist...
    McGee: Kick all kinds of major ass.

Tony: Stool sample. Would you like to see it?
    Ziva: You want me to stab you in the eye with my knife?

Ziva: Jamie Jones was arrested for assault and battery on his girlfriend and she dropped the charges and married him six months later .
    Tony: Well, it doesn't account for taste... just look at Britney and K-Fed!

(The Sexual Harassment Counsellor tells the group that hugging may offend co-workers)
    Abby: What's wrong with hugging people? I hug people all the time.
    Counsellor: You may see it as friendly but your co-workers may find it offensive.
    Abby: (looking around) You guys get offended when I hug you?
    Group: No, no... Never. No.
    Abby: I'm hugging you all in my mind right now.

Abby: Permission to hug?
    Gibbs: Oh you never have to ask Abs.

(Abby puts her hands around McGee's shoulders)
    McGee: I thought you had to ask permission first.
    Abby: Never with you, Tim.

Tony: Curious to know what follows red-light behavior?
    Ziva: Uh... potential pregnancy?

:lol:

5. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, those quotes are great. The last one is probably the funniest. and the Abby/Gibbs and Abby/Tim hug thing is so sweet. :)

6. Destiny

If you go into the "Bones" thread, you will find that there is a spoiler regarding her re-ocurring role on that show.

So thoughts will she be the love interest? Hmm

7. Destiny

Source: EW Ask Ausiello (wow didn't even need a spoiler box for this). :lol:

Question: Something about NCIS, please!

Ausiello: The season finale will not be Tiva-centric, exec producer Shane Brennan tells me. “It’s not specifically focused on Tony and Ziva,” he says. “Last season’s finale was very much about the two of them and the culmination of that particular arc. But it’s not specifically focused on them in the same way last season’s finale was.”

8. Destiny

Source EW, spoiler, more on spoiler and extra Guest star on show.

I have enjoyed Marine Cpl. Damon Werth (Paul Telfer) on NCIS. Any chance he'll come back as a recurring character?

ADAM:
    Sorry, Amanda: There are no immediate plans for Telfer's character to reappear.

But on the guest-star front, Gena Rowlands will play Gibbs' former mother-in-law, who witnesses the murder of a Navy captain and forces Gibbs to revisit his tragic past.

Also be on the lookout for former Law & Order: SVU ADA Diane Neal, who will play Special Agent Abigail Borin, who, despite her pretty-girl exterior, is not above butting heads to get what she wants.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Did they really have to name Diane's character Abigail? That's going to be confusing considering we already have an Abby on this show. :lol: I mean, if it was a vic, it'd be one thing, but... Hopefully they'll change the character's first name before it airs.

10. Destiny

Source: Ask Ausiello

Question: How many more episodes of NCIS will Rena Sofer be in?

Ausiello:
    She resurfaces in the March 2 episode and she’ll be back for at least one more after that. And even Sofer doesn’t know where producers are taking her relationship with Mark Harmon’s Gibbs. “Mark doesn’t know either,” Sofer tells me. “We talk about it every time we do a scene. We don’t know. Personally, I think it’s more fun to play the ambiguity. Once you go to bed with someone, it’s over. Where do you go from there? There’s a part of me that hopes we never know.”

11. Destiny

EDIT TO ADD:
    Source: EW Ask Ausiello

Got any NCIS scoop?

Ausiello:
    I can exclusively confirm that Rena Sofer’s feisty legal eagle — who returns in Tuesday’s episode — will be back for multiple episodes in May and “set in motion a chain of events that forces Gibbs (Mark Harmon) to make a life-changing decision,” reveals exec producer Shane Brennan. And not just any life-changing decision, either. One, he says “that will impact every member of his team.”

What are the next two shows about?

"Mother's Day" - Secrets arise when Gibbs' former mother-in-law surfaces as a witness in a murder investigation. - Gibbs is forced to revisit his painful & tragic past when his ex mother-in-law turns out to be a witness in a murder investigation. TUESDAY, MARCH 2

Multiple Emmy and Golden Globe Winner and Oscar Nominee Gena Rowlands ("The Notebook," "Hysterical Blindness,") Guest Stars As Gibbs' Mother-In-Law Joann Fielding
    Rena Sofer ("24," "General Hospital") Reprises Her Role As Attorney Margaret Allison Hart

RECURRING CAST
    Jimmy Palmer: Brian Dietzen

GUEST CAST
    Joann Fielding: Gena Rowlands
    Margaret Allison Hart: Rena Sofer
    Homicide Detective Philip McCadden: Adam Kaufman
    Navy Lieutenant David Shankton: Bryce Johnson
    Young Joann Fielding: Leann Hunley
    Breena Slater: Michelle Pierce
    Young Shannon: Aviva
    Neil: Eric Tiede
    Melanie: Blythe Auffarth

Mod Note: This is be the mother of Shannon his first wife.

Episode Promo

The NCIS team stumbles upon a surprising discovery as they investigate the shooting of a Marine. - The team investigates the shooting of a Marine and uncovers more to his life than anyone would have ever imagined, on NCIS, Tuesday, March 9

GUEST CAST
    Pete Iger: Joe Guzaldo
    Leah Mayne: Susan Misner
    Rachel Wells: Christine Lakin
    Dr. Adam Tallridge: Alex Hyde-White
    Marine Major Gordon Holcomb: Michael Rose
    NCIS Agent Roger Voight: Randy Vasquez
    Former Marine Sergeant Matthew Gontz: John Edward Lee
    National Park Inspector Edward Killian: Wolfgang Bodison
    National Park Officer Will Elliott: Robert Maxhimer
    Nurse Ruth Corruthers: Virginia Watson
    Former Marine 1st Lt John Mayne (aka Christian Wells): Ryan McCann
    NCIS Agent Sanchez: Lauren Sanchez
    Lab Technician: Sarah Lewis

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  12. Destiny

Source: TvGuide Online

NCIS: Who's Hooking Up, Who's Coming Back and More

With appearances by Tony DiNozzo's father and Jethro Gibbs' former mother-in-law among others, this season's NCIS has been about the back stories and personal lives of NCIS team members.

"We've all had those opportunities on the show to dig more deeply into the characters and I think it's deserving," star Mark Harmon (Gibbs) said at the Paley Center for Media event about the series Monday night. "I think the fans deserve it."

On Tuesday's episode (at 8/7c on CBS) the attention will turn to Gibbs when former mother-in-law Joann, played by Gena Rowlands, becomes involved in the team's latest case.

"What has been a recurring theme, at least this season, has been the focus on family and back story," said Rocky Carroll (Leon Vance). "That's been a central theme and I think it's going to continue. You're going to see more people out of the private lives of these characters."

The episode also marks the return of legal eagle and Gibbs' latest possible love interest, Allison Hart (Rena Sofer). But despite their on-screen chemistry, as well as her scheduled return for several episodes in May, Harmon said fans shouldn't necessarily anticipate a love connection. "I guarantee it's not going where people think its going," Harmon said. "I don't think [Sofer] knows where it's going any more than I do."

Things also don't look good for Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) and Tony DiNozzo's (Michael Weatherly) immediate romantic future. However, cast members believe Ziva may have her hands full with family issues, namely her father. "I think it's going to have to come back because we left it unresolved. Basically, Ziva went against the will of her father, she went against the will of the Israeli Mossad," Carroll said. "Vance and Ziva's dad have a history and a relationship and it's under a lot of stress right now, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that gets resolved."

Gibbs and Ziva may be preoccupied with familial problems but one member of the NCIS team will find more luck in the love department. "Jimmy Palmer is going to have a little bit of a love interest," said Brian Dietzen, who plays Palmer. "His last love affair ended with Gibbs shooting her several times ... So far it's going well and the big spoiler alert is that she hasn't been killed yet. It shows us that Palmer is getting his confidence back a little bit in his love life."

Besides digging deeper into the NCIS team's love lives and family ties, Sean Murray, who plays Timothy McGee, explains the remaining episodes of Season 7 will also welcome back familiar faces. He was tight-lipped on names but did say the characters are "people you've seen within the last two years."

Carroll said the focus on team members' lives outside of the NCIS offices will add up in the end: "Everything is going to be building towards a pretty amazing finale."

Source: EW

Are Mark Harmon's 'NCIS' days numbered?

NCIS fans are still freaking out over exec producer Shane Brennan’s cryptic tease last week that Gibbs will be forced to make a “life-changing decision” this May “that will impact every member of the team.” In fact, the tantalizing spoiler left some wondering — crazy talk alert! — if Mark Harmon’s days are numbered.

“I don’t think [that's the case] but I don’t know for sure,” Harmon told us last night prior to the PaleyFest ‘10 event honoring NCIS. “I’m still having a blast doing the show. That hasn’t changed since Day 1. I have no plans to leave. I have a contract with significant more time on it. But that may not stop the producers from getting rid of me if they think that best serves the story or the show. But I have no plans to take myself out of the game.”

Okay, well, that still leaves the question of what crisis will befall his character at season’s end and how it ties into Rena Sofer’s no-nonsense lawyer (and possible love interest for Gibbs) Margaret Hart. “Whatever [fans are] thinking, they’re wrong,” counters Harmon. “It is never the obvious [thing] on this show. As always, these writers make you think something but it is almost never what you think will happen. I think it is good to keep people guessing, especially after seven years.

“I think it is time for us to see these people away from their job and with their girlfriends or family,” he continues. “It is time to let out some of those nuggets. We’ve earned them. They come for the procedure but now we have earned the right to break off another piece of the puzzle.”

Getting back to the big May mystery, Harmon hints that although Sofer’s character plays a part, “she is not alone. Others will play a part, [too].”

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  13. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

My my, this sounds a lot like silly season like in the Formula 1.

Who gets to stay, who leaves... :scream: And I'm sure we're getting a big cliffhanger again to make us grumble over during season's break. :(

With those 'spoilers' I'm sure the writer's are setting us on the wrong horse, or is it the wrong foot? :confused: I only can say I hope Mark is staying, cause NCIS isn't the same without him, or for the other actors when I think of it. :rolleyes: My guess still is that Gibbs relation with Hart is a fake one, for I'm sure he doesn't trust her... but how far is he gonna take it.

If the rumours about Palmer are true, I can only say go for it. He deserves a litte extra screen time. Well and as far as it's Tiva and McAbby... I'm all in for those. :p

I think I'm gonna need a long summer's sleep instead of a winter's sleep to make time from May to go faster. :shifty::shifty:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
  14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I very much enjoyed tonight's episode. Gena Rowlands still rocks. Although, I have to say that I knew what the outcome would be before the opening credits came on. Still, it's great to have more of Gibbs' backstory.

15. Destiny

Agree nicely done episode, emotional without being overly so. Gina R. did a great job, and I too felt I knew the outcome, some pleasant surprises in there, but balanced greatly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.