NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW (Ausiello)

Question: Rumor has it there’s a big Gibbs story coming up on NCIS. —Leslie

Ausiello:
    That’s one of those true rumors. The smash procedural is getting ready to introduce the mother of one of Gibbs’ ex-wives — a character exec producer Shane Brennan says will shed light on “what happened in his past.” Casting is underway for the multi-episode role.

2. Destiny

Source: EW Ausiello Files. Further info on the above spoiler box.

'NCIS' exclusive: Gena Rowlands unlocks Gibbs' past

Gena Rowlands is headed to NCIS, and she’s bringing a world of pain with her.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the three-time Emmy winner has been cast in the potentially recurring role of Joann, Gibbs’ intelligent, upscale mother-in-law.

As exec producer Shane Brennan recently told me, the character’s arrival will shed light on Gibbs’ past, unleashing a wave of heartache, anger and blame in the process. You know, standard mother-in-law stuff.

Rowlands makes her NCIS debut in March.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Still not caught up on my episodes. :lol:

The 1-5-10 episode:

"Jet packs... its gonna be a weird one." :lol:

Loved McGee's grin just before the commecial break. Does anyone have a screencap of it?

:lol: Abby was bored and annoyed with McGee's jet pack talk.

Ding! "What have you got now?" Abby: McGee, that was the elevator. :guffaw:

Chris Bruno... brother to Dylan Bruno who plays Koby on Numbers. :)

Palmer is intimidated by Gibbs. :lol:

Victor: My card's in my pocket.
    Tony: I'm not touching you. :guffaw:

That lawyer chick is a bit of a you know what and it feels like its a possible set up for a romance between her and Gibbs. Yet another "they clashed at first" type of storylines. Ugh... Well, at least there's chemistry between them. :lol:

4. Destiny

Source: EW Ausiello

Question: Love the casting of Gena Rowlands as Gibbs’ mother-in-law on NCIS, but which mother-in-law is she playing? The guy’s been married four times! —Laura

Ausiello:
    She’s playing the mother of Gibbs’ first (and late) wife, Shannon.

5. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Not sure if you meant this one GNRF, since I watched without commercial breaks. But here ya go. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
  6. GregNickRyanFan

That's the one. Thanks, Jools. :)

I have a question. Since I've only just started watching this show regularly this season, I'm not sure of this. I know Gibbs has been married more than once, but was the daughter that was killed the only child he had? Or does he have kids with his other former wives?

7. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

You're welcome GNRF :devil:

Erm... Gibbs and his ex-wives. :lol::lol::lol: Well, as far as we know he doesn't have any children with his exes. In eppie 6.15 'Deliverance' there is suspision of a son. I've linked the contents of that eppie for you in case you're interested in reading it.

We also find out in this epppie that Gibbs' service number (his SSN) is 817-65-7320. ;)

8. Destiny

Married four times, divorced three, widowed once, only child Kelly killed with her mother.

As to Thomas (whom I believe was referenced above) it was later determined that his father was a drug lord that Gibbs killed.

From an ep recap on tv.com
    Later, Tomas tells Gibbs that his mother, Rose, made him memorize Gibbs's service number and told him to use it if he needs help. Tomas says that Gibbs is the reason he became a Marine. Gibbs tells Tomas that when Rose saved his life, she was already pregnant.

Vance admits that he read the last part of the file, about the mission when he killed a drug cartel leader, as Gibbs's told him to do. Vance asks Gibbs if he told Tomas that the man that he killed in Colombia was his father.

9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I'm anxious to watch the new episode as Dina Meyer is supposed to be in it. Love Dina! Hope she has a big part.

10. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I'm anxious to watch because I am dying for some TIVA action! LOL! :) This show is to awesome. I can't wait until tonight!!! :D

11. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

I'm tired of NCIS scoops about Tiva. What about Abby or McGee? — Nolan

ADAM:
    How about both? I recently cornered Pauley Perrette for her thoughts on developing the McGabby relationship. "There's a lot of flirtation going on; [they] will always love each other regardless of who they're with," she says. Perrette didn't say there'd be any new sparks, but she does think the two have much in common. "They're very compatible in their prowess as scientist and smartypants. There's a lot of respect that goes on there as well."

12. Destiny

Source: EW Ask Ausiello three questions

Question: Any information on what’s going on with Tony and Ziva on NCIS? More than a few hints were dropped in Tuesday’s episode that suggest something went on between the two of them in Paris. —Jason

Ausiello:
    Funny story. Just hours before the episode aired, I asked exec producer Shane Brennan if there would be any significant movement on the ‘Tiva’ front in the coming months. Here’s what he said: “I’ll let the ‘Jetlag’ episode answer that, because I think it does. I don’t want to be more specific than that. People should watch that episode and read between the lines.” They so did it it’s not even funny.

Question: I’m hearing rumors Abby and McGee might be reuniting on NCIS. Please say it isn’t true! —Jo

Ausiello:
    Funny story: All Shane Brennan would divulge is, “Something begins to happen [with them] later in the season.” Okay, that one wasn’t so funny.

Question: Any romance for Gibbs this season on NCIS? —Amu

Ausiello:
    “There’s a scene coming up that will stir up a lot of conversation,” teases Shane Brennan when asked that very question. “Mark [Harmon] is at his finest in that episode. He does an amazing job. It’s a really great performance. The audience is going to love it, but they’re also going to go, ‘Oh my God — what’s happening?!’” Does it involve Rena Sofer’s new lawyer character? “Well, they seem to hate each other, so I don’t know how that’s going to happen,” he hedges. “I’ll say this: We already started laying the bread crumbs [for this storyline]. It’ll go down as one of the big moments on NCIS.”

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

WOW I haven't seen much of this season but I watched JetLag the other day.
    What is going on with Tony and Ziva??? I guess we'll find out huh?
    I love how he has such a snarky remark or a movie quote for everything.

Dina Meyer was great! I hope to see more of her. ;)

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I saw Pauley on a NCIS/NCIS:LA commercial tonight during the Grammys. The NCIS:LA guys are following Abby down the street. She turns to ask them, "Are you following me?" They reply, "yep, every tuesday night". LOL

15. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: I need to see that. That reminds me of the commercial they had for "Growing Pains" and "Who's The Boss" years ago. I think Sam (Alyssa Milano) was in the Seavers' kitchen when Mike (Kirk Cameron) came in and said "oh hi" or something and then she said something about following his show or him following hers. I can't remember which show came on first. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.