Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

Re: Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Par

Greg and Sara are great together. Greg had crush on her that is for sure (for me anyway). But still, they grown to be friends. And that subtext you mentioned PraetorCorvinus I find to be 'of a friendly kind'. Greg flirted with others more than with Sara, and I, personaly, don't like that ship 'cause those two look like brother/sister to me. They are just like siblings.

For the record, I have a couple of close friends (boys, and I am a girl) whith whom I flirt all the time - for fun only. We bark but not bite, if you know what I mean. Flirt is sometimes only that - harmless fun. It's like... A sport. It doesn't have to mean anything.

On the other hand, I support Nick/Greg ship. Nick is the only person whith whom Greg is in constant close proximity. They are always physically too close for a friends. You don't stand so close to 'just a friend', you don't touch him so much. No matter how much you like him in the platonic way. Flirting with words and looks aside. Even if he is an extremely tactile person, Nick never touches anyone so much, not even Warrick (who was his best friend). Please correct me if I'm wrong about that, maybe there's something I missed.

And I agree (I'm not sure who said that) that you can talk about countless persons of oposite gender, and still end up with one of the same. It happens all the time (recently a friend of mine did just that - dated guys for ever, and then one day told me that she has a girlfriend - no one saw that comming).

All this said, I must add that I am not intending to offend anyone. If I haven't expressed myself correctly, it is because English is not my native language. I never meant to seem rude or anything, just stating my opinion.

I almost forget Cath and Nick. I saw that 'make out' on the net. They seemed wrong together, and I'm happy that it didn't make it in canon.

Who knows, maybe Greg ended up with that green eyed girl with perfect toes (remember the one whose DNA he studied :lol: ).

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Because if someone inadvertantly uses the terms `boy` and `girl`others will quickly label them as `homophobic`. The internet has become rife with bullies who are quick to jump on others who don`t see things the way they do.

Anyways..I never really saw Catherine and Nick together..she was more `motherly`to him, although I think an older woman would do Nick some good..keep him in line..

Warrick and Nick called each other `babe`and `honey`once. Nick also called Grissom `buttercup` as well as Warrick. I don`t think he ever called Greg `honey`or `buttercup`. He also did a special handshake with Warrick in Anonymous when they took each other on for a challenge. They also played videogames together. When Nick reached out of the coffin in `Grave Danger`he grasped Grissom and Warrick. Greg was nowhere in site. In `Leaving Las Vegas` Nick hugged Grissom. Also in Grave Danger, Warrick and Nick touched each other in the ambulance.

All of which can be interpreted in one way or another. Nick (as is George) is a touchy feely person.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  3. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

myfuturecsi You're right about 'motherly' Cath - that's why it looked wrong to me, and about nicknames Nick, Warrick and Griss gave each other (Griss even called Nick 'Nicky my boy' in the first two or three eps, if I remember correctly). But I was thinking about physical contact more than words, because words do or don't have to mean anything. Being too close to someone can't be missunderstood, at least in my book - and my experience till this day is telling me the same ;)

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

And that is what you are basing your interpretation on, experience, it`s just your interpretation, but it doesn`t mean we all see the same thing.

Nick also sang to Mandy..I don`t think he`s ever sang to anyone in that show..that can be interpreted in many, many ways.

And unless Nick is practically stepping on Greg`s toes, I don`t see how standing close to anyone means anything. It coudl be the way the scene itself that is set up a certain way and so forth.

And Rambo said a lot of things, but I believe he was talking about Sara and Grissom since that was his favourite ship.

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

As I have already said, I am NOT calling anyone homophobic. I am simply asking that people try to use gender-neutral terms if they're talking about hypothetical ships. I fail to see how using a gender-neutral term would result in anyone being called homophobic.

ETA: Okay, I'm following speedy's example and leaving.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

GOSH, this has gotten so heavy-duty. I was just commenting on what the writers have presented to the fans on Greggie. He's always been smitten/enamored with the opposite sex. He was flirting with Mia [remember her] Ronnie, Riley and of course Sara, and others that don't come to mind right now. I just think he's into females, and wonder if the writers will eventually show him with a girlfriend?:confused:This has nothing to do with other ships or is he or isn't he. And myfuturecsi is right, the team guys have called each other cutie names, it's just for fun, like this thread is~ What I've observed is that he [Greg] likes females. I think it becomes a bit paranoid when it gets to serious. NO offense to any fan about anything~

7. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

Yeah, I said it was my opinion, as I said that Greg could already be taken ;)
    Didn't mean to offend anyone. Don't know why I stick to it so stubornly, maybe it's insomnia talking ;)
    Anyway, I'm sticking around in hope to have a question answered in another thread, so good night folks - I'm off to bed soon, and hopefuly will sleep tonight.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Besides..I`m sticking with Hodges and Henry as my ship!:thumbsup:

So there..:lol: I think they make a cute couple. They stand so close together. They walk the same, they almost dress the same. Their hair is very similar to one another. So I think for sure they are together. Didn't Hodges and Henry live together once? They have a dog too and I think one of them calls his dog a 'big sexy man'. The other referred to firemen as studs.;)

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

LOL:lol: good one.. this made me laugh and brought the seriousness of this, in perspective:guffaw:

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, he did once call Greg "doll". :lol: When he was asking him to go through that whole bag of evidence (can't remember if it was matchbooks or what). He patted him on the shoulder and said "thanks, Doll". :lol: That was kind of weird for me to hear though cause my granny always called the very young ones (of her grandkids) "doll". :lol: I'd never heard a guy say it before (except in movies that were made long before I was born lol).

I don't remember the nickname for Grissom, but I can't honestly ship him with any of the team except Cath (and though I don't ship GSR, it's already happened, so thats a given lol)... he always to me seemed so fatherly towards the guys. :lol: Except with Hodges, I always kind of felt like Gil was the annoyed uncle who couldn't wait until his brother/sister came and picked their kid up. :lol: He always just seemed to be really annoyed with Hodges. As for the Warrick/Nick, to me they will always be brothers (since they've called each other "bro" on lots of occassions- in my mind it makes it canon that they think of each other as brothers lol).

As for Sandle, I used to ship them until Sara got involved with Grissom. Greg being with Sara after she was with Gil to me is kind of like a son dating his father's ex. :lol: As for Greg/Nick, I guess I'm sort of in the middle. I don't officially ship them (though I do read some of the fics), but I'm not entirely opposed to it either. :lol:

And as far as Cath/Nick goes, in that clip they did look like they had chemistry and if they were shipped together from the first episode, I wouldn't think anything of it... but now? Well, it wouldn't be one that I absolutely hated, but I wouldn't really ship it either. And I definitely wouldn't say that Cath is like a mother to Nick. She's not that much older than him. :lol: I would say more like the over-protective big sister. :) But I really really like Cath with Vartann. :D

What I'm really wanting to see is Nick singing to Mandy again. Not just because I ship them, but Nick/George has a pretty good voice too. :D

Now that would be interesting! :lol: I don't mind Wedges, but I also like the idea of Arwen (Archie/Wendy) for some reason. They've never really had any significant scenes together, but I think they'd be cute. :lol: I've read a lot of fics where Henry was dating Judy (the receptionist). That might be cute. Where is Judy anyway? Haven't seen her in forever. :lol:

As for Greg flirting with the ladies, he just had a naturally flirty personality. I don't really think it meant much one way or another. The way we know he liked Sara was cause he asked Cath if she thought Sara would agree to go on a date with him. But he flirted with any girl in sight really. He doesn't do that anymore. I guess because he's more mature now.

11. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Arwen? Never heard of it but I like it. Archie and Wendy -- the cool, hip techs gettin' together. Yeah, I can see that.

Even with GSR, I still like Sandle. Greg always appeared to bring out the best in Sara. For her, it could be a sibling-like relationship, but for him... who knows?

For Grissom, I always liked the idea of him and Sofia. She was just so opposite him, but yet still like him. I think in the commentaries for "Formalities", they said that Sofia was brought as another potential love interest for Grissom.

And I still maintain my support for Nick/Greg. Yeah, I know it'll never happen but it is amusing. Hypothetical ships is what makes this fun after all. Not every one needs to be based in solid, documented fact.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I preferred Sofia with Brass. I never liked the idea of her with Grissom. She was quite annoying in those scenes where she flirted with him. I didn't care much for the character back then. But then they toned her down and I started to like her. Just not with Grissom. :lol:

13. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i dislike Sara and Grissom and LOVE Nick and Sara together.

to me the GSR thing seems forced like every time i see them together in an ep talking about their relationship it doesn't look real you can tell it's fake. it doesn't seem like the actors have good chemistry together as friends to pull off the chemistry their character has. (yes i know both Jorja Fox and William Peterson get along fine as friends)

Nick and Sara have had a great playful relationship since season 2. i love their scenes together and there just always seems to be a great chemistry between them. i think it has a lot to do with the character of Nick being a good guy and being able to get along with anyone. Sara always seems to be more comfrotable around him then with anyone else on the team. i watched the drag racing ep and got all happy that their chemistry is still there after all these years.

i guess it comes down to the guys' characters and how i view them: Grissom always seems so serious and tense and Nick is just a cool guy that everyone gets along with and is just chill.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Actually, Nick called Warrick 'Buttercup' and Grissom 'Peanut'.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, I remember the "peanut" thing. LOL. Kinda forgot about it because I don't think of it as him calling Grissom that since he was just pretending to that other guy that he was talking to his girlfriend so the guy wouldn't know he talked to Griss who wasn't supposed to be on the case or something. :lol: That bothered me a lot though. Who the heck calls their significant other "peanut"? That word should be reserved for a person's kid, not a significant other... LOL.