"Internal Combustion" Discussion - *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 30, 2010.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

lol. I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
    I thought this was just an okay episode. I loved the Sara scenes, of course (Jorja looked fantastic!), and Brass, and Archie (loved the Hodges comments!). But the episode was otherwise pretty average for me. I feel like when I watch now, I mostly enjoy the flashbacks I have to previous episodes, and I don't know if that is a good thing or not. In this case I saw some of Fallen Idols, Revenge Is Best Served Cold, A La Cart, Blood Lust, Anatomy of a Lye, and Scuba Doobie Doo.
    What I have noticed since Jorja has been back is that Sara and Nick have had some enjoyable scenes. She seems to have taken Warrick's role of keeping Nick grounded. They work well together, and she is not afraid to tease him, as well as compliment him, when warranted.
    I'm not sure what to think about the final scene with Catherine and Nick. Obviously, a throwback to RIBSC; but after 2 deaths due to the racing mentality, I didn't really enjoy it. It should have ended with Brass: You did. She was. Who won?

2. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I really liked this episode. They allready did an episode about car racing once ("Revenge is Best Served Cold" from season 3. Ian Somerhalder was in that episode), and I really liked that one as well. So the ending was kind of a 'walk down memory lane' for Cath and Nick, because they raced each in the season 3 episode too. I enjoyed it a lot.

I have to say that every episode from season 10 was good so far. There wasn't an episode that I didn't like.

3. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

This was an AWESOME epi. I loved the whole thing especially where Nick and Wendy have there little "spat" in the garage with Hodges there. This reminded me of when I was in H.S. and used to street race with my friends (until we got busted)

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

First off, did anyone catch what kind of vehicle Cath was driving? It looked kind of like a Rav 4 (which is what my mom drives), but I'm not sure.

What was it Ray said just before the credits showed? I couldn't quite make it out.

:lol: at Archie's comment about Hodges. Archie's grin is adorable.

Suspect: She's missing? Where is she?
    Brass: If we knew where she was, she wouldn't be missing. :lol:

Is it just me or did they seem to go to commercials at odd times in this ep? Or was that just online?

Greg's smile looking at the car and Nick smiling asking him what it was. Loved Greg's story about joyriding in Papa Olaf's car while Papa was napping. :lol: Nick: You're a little car thief. Greg: Yes I am. :lol: Too cute! Loved the smiles from the guys too. Adorable.

Loved the Nick/Sara moments and the Nick/Wendy banter... and Wendy teasing Hodges about talking to Twilight fans. :lol:

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I can't remember right now, all I recall is that it further enforced my belief that Ray sucks at one-liners. Give 'em to Nick, Cath or Brass. They're pretty good at it. I think Hodges and SuperDave had some funny ones too.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AMAZING again:bolian:the graphics were stupendous.:wtf: Who could think of this the whole thing except the CSI writers? Trevor dropping dead for no apparent treason. But his brain exploded from trauma. Cath, [and why did she have on a black satin blouse in the crime lab?]:rolleyes: That's something one would wear to a party or a cocktail lounge. Archie on Hodges how "he looks busy while doing nothing":lol: So Cyndi dead in a tree, how did she get there? Sara [so pretty] She was hit by a car and threw 300 feet.:eek: Intriguing. Sara going to Cyndi's school, and talking to Renata, Cyndi's best friend, who later we found out was hiding a big secret. Nick on the Porsche. "James Dean owned on the these and to put ths kind of engine in it is "sacrilegious" Sara 'Not if you a Polar bear":confused: Brass going to the automotive shop and finding Miamoto with a nasty attitude. Ray analyzing the death and realizing that drugs were involved. Nick, Greg and Super Dave finding her in a tree. So bizarre. Hodges and Sara, Hodges "something went terribly wrong" Sara: "She was hit by a car". Nick and Greg re-inacting the whole scene. so great. Cath and the kid who gave Trevor drugs in exchange for knowledge and his dad horrified.

Sara and Nick at the car club meeting, and Sara talking the talk to the guys and impressing them "17 inch rims"? [Grissom would have been proud] "We're looking for a yellow car" The guy running and Nick and Sara on the chase:wtf:

Nick and Greg. Greg: "When I was 12 and papa Olaf was napping I took his car for a joyride. Nick: "where did you go"? Greg:"Around the block twice" Nick "Your a little car thief" Greg: "Guess I was":rommie:

So Cyndi stole Trevors car to drag race. Nick and Sara going to the class and confronting Gus and Renata. He was her guardian and shop teacher.

Wendy to Hodges..on Renata "She's definately more sophisticated then the ones you chat with on the "Twilight" message boards":lol: another put down from her to him:vulcan: Nick to Wendy "Helping or hindering? Wendy: "I'm helping" Nick: "Atta girl"

So in the old days of drag racing Chuck Yager put gum under the dash board, and Gus was a hit of sorts in that world of racing in the 70's. And he's put his gum under the dash. Brass busted them both "want a piece of gum" :lol: Gus coughs up the whole sordid story how Cyndi stole Trevor' car and took it out to the desert to race. Gus wanted to prove to Renata that his car was better than Trevor's little "toaster" He accidently ran into her and sh was thrown 300feet into that tree. So sad and uncesssary:(

The last scene with Cath and Nick in the garage parking structure, and racing:rolleyes:

Intersting episode and kept our interest throughout, who did what and why.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  7. GregNickRyanFan

That stumped me at first too... but I think Sara was referring to global warming and the thought that exhaustion from cars contributes to the accelaration of it. Some say the ice is melting where the polars are, so an electric engine wouldn't put off the bad fumes that are believed to contribute to global warming.

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

loved internal combustion i give it a 9 out of 10

i couldn't quite figure out for awhile who did it, which it nice cause it keeps me interested

our little car theif (greg) mentioning papa olaf, never thought i'd hear about him again except in reruns on spike and dvds

the ep did remind me of fallen idols b/c of the cheerleader getting thrown so many feet by a car hitting her, and the love triangle involving her

the cars were pretty cool but maybe it's just cause i like art

hardly any ray *happy dancing* ,and someone besides ray can solve the crime also :):)

great seeing sara:thumbsup:

i do wonder how wendy knew about hodges and twilight:lol:

the end with cath and nick :thumbsup: i wonder who won but we'll never know

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I think it was an Acura, if I got the logo right. :) I could be wrong but I know the logo it just takes me forever to remember. :rolleyes:

Susan

10. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

I just re watched the epi on the CBS website and the car Catherine is driving is a Buick ( but don't ask me which model that I can't tell you)

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

He said, "not yet". Which was VERY lame. If you're going to have a lame zinger like that, at least let Doc Robbins say it, 'cuz it'll at least be a little funny coming from him.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks to those who answered my questions. :)

13. Toots

Toots Pathologist

It's been my TV watching experience that when a character mentions a relative again after several years of not mentioning him or her means that the character's said relative will probably die in a future episode. Will this be written into an episode where Greg hears that Papa Olaf has passed away? I hope not. It would be so sad cause Greg appears to be very close to his grandfather. Or, a much better scenario...maybe Papa Olaf will come and visit Greg in Las Vegas. That would be wonderful.

Loved seeing cute little Archie again. Sweet guy.

14. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

No problem I thought it was a Cadillac at first

15. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

It might also be papa Olaf has already passed (unfortunately) and he was remembering a childhood memory