"Internal Combustion" Discussion - *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Internal Combustion'
    Episode Number: 1013
    Synopsis: "The case of two high school students, one dead and one missing, lead the CSIs into the underbelly of streetcar racing and a tangled web of deadly competition."
    Original Airdate: February 04, 2010

Written By
    : Jennifer N. Levin
    Directed By: Brad Tanenbaum

Guest Stars:

• Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
    • Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
    • Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    • Connor Ross as Trevor Beck
    • Scout Taylor-Compton as Renata Clarke
    • Nick Chinlund as Gus Davis
    • Leonardo Na as Miyamoto Takahashi
    • Samantha Droke as Cindy Medina
    • Manish Dayal as Rishi Parayan
    • Brian George as Dr. Parayan
    • Kari Coleman as Mrs. Sheila Beck
    • Sean Marquette as Bad Teen
    • Mickey Meyer as Burly Student
    • Jascha Washington as Student

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yay! Archie! :D

Wait... I'm confused... I thought Vartann was in this episode?

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Of course once again, thanks to JTD94 for this promo for the upcoming episode.

And of course thanks to Dizzney for the extended promo....of about 10 seconds, but just enough to catch a glimpse of our guys :lol:. Thanks!

Looks like an action packed episode. Hopefully it'll be good. Will keep the fingers crossed

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

You know I am always looking out for our guys! :)

It does look like a good ep.

5. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

Wow, thank you so much DJRideout, JTD94, and Dizzney for the promos. That glimpse o' Greg gives me something to look forward to :)! Is it Thursday yet? And finally....Archie! Yay!

6. Jessica_Lynne

Jessica_Lynne Witness

Geez, now that Archie's going to be in this episode, maybe Greg can stop doing his job (or at least that's what it seems like, seeing as he's often in the A/V lab. :lol:) and get back into the field more often. Yay! Taylor Scout-Compton is one of my favorite young actresses.
    Is it Thursday yet?
    -waits like a patient little good girl-
    :)

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Connor Ross appeared back in "coming of rage"
    Nick Chinlund was the bad guy in "you've got male"

and BTW, isn't it Scout Taylor-Compton instead of Taylor Scout-Compton? LOL

8. Smokey

Hey, I just copy and paste. :lol: But I'll fix it.

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Okay, I guess I will be the first to comment on this episode.
    It was a pretty good episode. The main death/murder of the girl...well I blame her. Why do you remain standing in the middle of the road with two cars speeding at you? Stupid. :lol:

I will admit I did not see the guilty parties until they pretty much revealed them to us. I did have a feeling the boy's death was probably accidental.

Parts I really enjoyed...not too much Ray! The little looks at the end between Nick and Catherine to race...reminded me back to season 3 and that ep. My favorite part...a Papa Olaf mention! It's been a long time since Greg mentioned him. Glad to see the writer's remembered Greg loving to tell his stories about his childhood and things with his Papa O! :lol:

Nice cars used too in the ep. :D I am sure my brother appreciated some of them since he builds race cars for a living.

Overall a pretty decent ep.

10. Smokey

Allow me to contribute. :)

I liked how there wasn't much Ray. Perhaps TPTB listen after all.

I loved the Hodges/Wendy/Nick scene in the garage. Hodges chats with teeny bopper girl Twilight fans! :lol: And Nick and Wendy's little banter was cute. :)

The case reminded me a lot of Fallen Idols in a way. And then there was the whole Revenge is Best Served Cold type of feel, right down to Nick and Catherine "racing" at the end, which was cute too...just them talking and saying goodnight was fun to see. :)

I thought it was a pretty good case. It kept me guessing a bit right up until the end. I agree it was odd for the girl to be standing in the road....that far down, at least. Usually you see someone right up front by the cars starting the race, not way down at the end, but oh well.

I also loved that just about everyone got a part in this one, which they seem to be doing more and more of. Even Archie was back, and cool as ever. :cool:

11. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well, I enjoyed the episode...as much as I could see with a cousin sitting on the couch on the mends from getting all four wisdom teeth pulled...I'm kinda gonna miss the fact she couldn't talk much for a while...

Anyway, loved the fact that there was very little of Ray. And I really enjoyed Nick's response to the young fellow supposedly "watching" the car for his friend. I can't remember exactly how it went down, but it was perfect. That'll teach the little punk to get snippy with Law enforcement.

And Hodges! My poor poor Hodges, you just can't seem to catch a break. Wendy is always quipped and quick to knock him down a peg or two. Or to just get the better of him. But I am just curious, if he was partaking on Twilight message boards, how would Wendy know? :lol: I doubt he'd openly admit to it. To funny all the same.

And yes Diz, I agree, the girls death could've been avoided if she'd just had half a clue and stepped aside. I mean, call me crazy, but who in their right mind would stand in the middle of the road and watch two speeding cars race toward them? Wouldn't be me.

Agreed! That look between Nick and Cath at the end brought back fond classic csi memories. And I too got the whole "Fallen Idols" vibe watching tonights episode.

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

A very enjoyable, intriguing episode. I really appreciate it when I can't guess who killed the victim until they practically tell us. Which happened here. Kept me guessing the whole time.

I loved the screen time . Everyone got decent scenes and when Greg showed up halfway through, Ray disappeared. I like that. Although to be fair, I liked Ray here as well. Whenever he talks medical jargon, I believe him. That's the only time I find his character really credible.

I could list all the awesome stuff each character did, said, revealed (Hodges' Twilight escapades, Brass at the auto-chop shop, Greg being a car thief) but I'm sure they'll get plenty of mention throughout this thread. So I'll just say this: All the characters were happy and actually seemed like a 'family'.

And after the halfway point, it felt like an old episode. Sorry, Ray, but it seems that when you're gone and it just the old crew, I love the show just a little bit more.

Quick observations: I love the dynamic how Catherine has become the new Grissom by hovering around the lab checking on her underlings. Likewise, Nick running around in the field helping everyone as the assistant supervisor is great. Nick has become more of a lead character than Ray in my mind.

I laughed when we saw the first 'flashback' of the girl's death. When Nick and Greg were tagging the road and they stop and in the distance and we see the illusion of the car hitting the girl and she goes flying. I laughed. Hard. Sorry.

Great episode!

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

In summary:

- I just realized there was very little Ray in this episode. How refreshing! Unfortunately, that probably means he's big in the next episode or two.

- finally a bit of screen time for Wendy

- Sara's jacket ROCKS!

- A mention of Lindsey made me smile.

- Brass' "You did. She was. Who won? " kind of took me off guard with the dull authority in his voice.

- We get hints of previous episodes, like All For Our Country and Revenge Is Best Served Cold, and even Fallen Idols, with the high school kids, not to mention You've got male with Nick Chinlund (Gus) as the killer in that episode too. (they've got to quit doing that because it makes it too obvious. Have him a non-killer next time!)

- I think you should watch this episode back-to-back with season 3 RIBSC, and see how similar the episodes are, and yet how far this show has upgraded in the 7 1/2 seasons since then.

- So, since they didn't show us Cath's victory at the end of their race ('cause they didn't want the Nick fans to see him lose), that means we didn't get the ending we should have in order for them to keep continuinty with the show - so again, I'll say what should have been the ending: Thank you. Good night!!

The full review can be found here

14. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

You said it all. This one was great. It was like watching the old CSI (well, except when Ray's arround, but he's okay when it comes to the medical part - I'm not sure which one of you said that, but I agree). They look like family, so close.
    I liked everything in this one. There was not one scene I could go without. Hodges and Wendy when finding that gum - so good and so cute. Nick and Greg on the road. Brass - I love him so much. All the lines were great. And yes, the last Brass's line (who won) got me floored too. I just froze for a moment there.
    The last scene, with Cath and Nick racing. Somehow I knew they would do that when I saw them at the parking lot. And still I smiled when they looked at each other, and laughed out loud when they sped away. It was great, really great.
    One of my favourites, that's for sure. Up there with Lover's Lane and Appendicitement.

15. Rocky11

Rocky11 CSI Level One

:thumbsup: It was a great epi,Cath and here glasses :drool: Greg and his papa olav :lol:
    Not to much Ray.And Nick and Cath racing.I enjoy the epi :thumbsup: