Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

You really picked THE episode to watch! :lol:
    But if you still want to watch the previous hiphugger epis, here they are:
    8.01, 8.03, 8.05, 8.11 AND 8.14 :hugegrin:!
    I believe that's it!

2. electra

electra Pathologist

And I found the episode completely by chance!!! I did not read any spoilers and was just passing the channels.When I saw Eric,my first impression was that he was with another woman.I even like the last scene better then the first becouse I jusy love the smiling,the flirting and all.If they make Eric a regular,I will watch full time.

Thanks for the information,DD addict.:thumbsup:

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I finally watched the episode and I have to say that I can watch over and over again their scene in bed:drool:.
    Though I'm little confused after the scene in the end of the episode between E/C I still think there's much more then just sex in this case. It's just their gestures say something else and I really don't think they would do that only for the physical pleasure (though I'm not going to deny they certainly had fun ;)). The way they were touching and kissing definitely means something more:adore:. It's understandable they can't keep their hands off of each other, but it was too gentle and tender to be just casual sex. Maybe they are trying to rebuilt their relationship and weren't planing to have sex just right away. But there's too much passion and yet it just keeps happening:lol:. And considering how hot they both are it doesn't surprise me at all:devil:.
    I guess they just love to tease us as always. Yes we got hot steamy bed scene, but at the same time they left us wondering what is really happening:confused:.
    I'm trying to stay positive and believe that everything is going to end well because otherwise I probably go mad:).

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Last night's ep was the first ep of season 8 that I was actually excited to see!! I have been watching all season long but there hasn't been (until last night) an episode that caught my attention and made me anticipate seeing it.

Hopefully what we saw last night will bode well for our couple in the near future. I just hope that if CBS does decide to invite Adam back that the writers don't stall whatever they have in mind for them b/c there is a chance of Eric returning full time and therefore don't want to rush into something that could possibility be built on next season know what I mean?

I personally think regardless of what happens with Adam and CBS/TPTB the frickin writers should do what they have set out to do with the idea of him only being around for 10 eps this season. Cuz seriously, and one reviewer for TVOvermind said it too, this relationship needs to move foward....enough with being stuck at point A....move on to point B already and hopefully last night was the start.

Here is the link to the review from TVOvermind

http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/csi-miami-8-14-in-the-wind-review/18411

5. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I agree completely. There was much more to that scene than sex. I've watched it on YouTube about a dozen or so times, and the more I see it, the more I see how they feel about each other. The way Eric looks into her eyes after she took his tank off was very telling. He looked at her as if she was the only person who ever mattered to him. It was also clear that had they not been interrupted, they were going to take their time with each other. Nothing was rushed. Another thing I liked was the way she ran a finger over his chest when he answered the phone, right before she said "I'll make coffee"

The way they interact suggests not just that they have a strong sexual attraction to each other, and have a good time together, but that they also care deeply for one another. It's definitely not just sex. It's love.

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Aww thanks delkolover, you liked my review...that makes me really happy. :thumbsup:

So after watching and rewatching the scenes I have come to this conclusion. This is a lot more than just casual sex. I mean they were really taking their time, seriously Friends With Benefits do not take the time for foreplay.

I think that when Calleigh interviewed the victim's lover it struck a chord with her. He told Calleigh that it was nothing and then changed his story to say that he loved her. I think it got her thinking. It is very obvious that Calleigh loves Eric and Eric loves her. They have something that no one will ever take away.

I think that they were working on rebuilding their relationship and things happen, they are obviously still very attracted to each other. Sometimes things happen that are completely out of our control and this is one of them. They have a starting point, lets hope that they are both strong enough to get past everything.

My feeling is that Calleigh is afraid to show Eric just how much she still loves him. She could be either afraid that he will leave her again or he will betray her trust once again. Eric has a lot of making up to do. He needs to romance her again. He is doing a good job of it so far, well IMO.

I guess the selfish part of me is hoping that CBS does bring Eric back. It was really nice to be excited about my favorite show again. I miss it.

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I'm so glad someone else picked up on this! I thought that perhaps I was over-thinking that scene between Calleigh and Donald Newhouse (the victim's lover). Calleigh definitely paused for a beat after Newhouse said that he'd been trying to brush off his relationship with Sarah Bradstone as just a casual thing when in fact, he really loved her. You could see the wheels turning in Calleigh's head ... she was probably thinking about her own relationship with Eric.

As for the rest of your post, texmex237, you took the words right out of my mouth. It's obvious that C & E's relationship is far beyond casual sex. The subtle touches, looks etc. in that beautifully-done E/C bedroom scene :drool:perfectly conveyed that this was a couple who were making love :luvlove: rather than just having sex. (Emily P. and Adam R. did a superb acting job in getting this message across, by the way!:thumbsup:). I think that Calleigh is just resisting her feelings for Eric because she's afraid of being hurt/abandoned again. But Eric certainly does seem up to the task of romancing her and showing her that he's prepared to do it right this time. :adore: Hopefully TPTB and the CSIM writers will give the character the chance to do just that.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I totally agree with this too :thumbsup: After watching the last scene with them I believe that they've tried to slow things down after everything that went on but they just keep coming back to each other and it's getting impossible to resist.

I have to say though that I would really like to listen to what Eric thinks of all this. It's pretty clear that Calleigh is totally head over heels and that Eric being away affects her; and since Eric was the one who decided to leave work and Miami for a while I would like to know what he thinks of where their relationship is at.

I hope that after this episode things pick up again and this "will they/won't they" will finally be put to rest and they can just be together and stay together and Adam can come back full time and we can all be happy :D.

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Just wanted to share this with you:

And Calleigh shares a tender moment in bed with a man that is revealed to be none other than Eric Delko. Fans wondering about the state of their romance now have their answer—the hot duo seems to be “on again” almost in spite of themselves.

Perhaps not unintentionally, Delko’s return feels more natural here than it did in Delko for the defense Not only has Delko found a job that suits him, but he and Calleigh have resumed their relationship—at least in the bedroom. At the end of the episode they talk briefly about how they keep promising it won’t go on… and yet it does. The scene in the teaser between Delko and Calleigh perfectly delineates the sizzling chemistry between the two, and with Adam Rodriguez returning to the show now and then for guest appearances—and Delko still working in the CSIs’ orbit in Miami—it makes sense to keep playing out the complicated relationship between them. Is an off camera happy ending, a la Grissom and Sara on CSI, too much to hope for? Possibly, but it’s nice to see that as of now, Delko and Calleigh are still very much entangled.

From the review in news forum. Gotta love that and love Brett Mahoney for the writting and Allison Liddi for the dircting.

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

This part of the review made me happy. They are definitely on again and despite their objections, they deserve to be happy together.

I really do hope that we get to see them have a happy on-screen ending if in fact Adam does not come back. I really hope that CBS wises up and gives Adam what he deserves. The show misses him, we miss him....someone please listen to us and give us our happy ending!

I really love seeing a happy Calleigh. To me, she looked like she was glowing during that whole episode, but I think anyone would have been glowing after a night of passion with Eric :drool:

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Last night's episode is my fav out of the season so far, I don't know if there's another upcoming one that will hit this one off my list, or maybe....

I'm currently listening to the song played at the beginning (A Warm Place). It's so calming.

12. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

So true! Who wouldn't be glowing like a lightbulb after a night in bed (not sleeping!) with a hottie like Eric? [​IMG]

Although, several Hiphugger fans do have another "theory" about why Calleigh might be glowing ... [​IMG]

Episode 8.16 ("L.A.") looks like it might be another good one for Eric & Calleigh fans. [​IMG] Adam R. will be appearing in that episode, which will certainly make it a "must-see" for me.
    Plus, some Hiphugger-fans are already speculating that Calleigh may get some majorly-great news in that episode. [​IMG]
    I guess we'll know more when detailed casting sides become available. Episode 8.16 will be airing on March 1st, so it might be awhile before we get any more details.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  13. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

Are you serious?? :eek:

Where did you hear that?
    And does anyone know if Alexx is attending 8.16? Or is it just rumors?

14. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello Guys!:)

Finally got to watch the episode... late as always.
    It was hot!!!! I love it. Not worried about the end scene between Eric & Calleigh, I even found it very cute. It proves that they can't resist each other. I definitely felt the love. Hope to see more great EC moments in the next episodes with Eric in it.

8.16 spoiler looks promising:thumbsup:

15. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Everything I've heard so far regarding the possible episode 8.16 spoiler I posted above, is based on mere speculation. As far as I know, the final credits and cast list for that episode are still not available anywhere online. Sometimes, rumors do have a grain of truth to them, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see and keep our collective fingers crossed ...:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.