The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

This is my sweet cat,Annabelle.
    [​IMG]

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

What to do? :( This poor, beautiful kitty has been hanging around my place for a couple of months. He (?) is very skittish...runs away if he sees me coming from inside the patio door. I've been putting food out for him, and he'll come and eat and leave, so I assume he has SOMEplace that he can keep warm and dry.

So it snowed a few times, and I made a makeshift "house" for him...put the food under it hoping that if he had to go in there to eat he would think, "Oh hey! It's warm and dry under here! I think I'll stay!" But no. :(

He's getting a little bit used to me, I think. He knows if the bowl is empty and he looks in here at me that I will come out and fill it, but he still runs next door when I come outside.

Now today it snowed hard all day. I've been out there three times tonight, sweeping the snow away from my patio so he can easily walk through and sweeping the snow away from the little house and making sure the bowl is full and under the cover.

*sigh* I guess he's got street smarts and will be okay. I have to think that. There's nothing else that I can do.

I'm calling him...
    Snow Kitty
    Isn't he gorgeous? :)

3. allmaple

allmaple Judge

oh my goodness he is so handsome! i love long haired tabby cats :) and the house you made for him is very cute. especially being a long haired cat, he seems to be in very good condition. no matted dirty hair or anything, he probably has a home somewhere. i dont like when people let their kitties run free without a collar, causes worry from people who think there is a homeless cat. theres probably no harm in feeding him, and maybe over time he will warm up to you and make friends.

4. Smokey

That's what makes me think he's lost...he's too pretty to be out all the time. I've seen him out in the pouring rain in addition to the snow. And I've seen him kind of hunkered down under the trees nearby when it's been so cold these past several nights. I don't think he has a home where they are letting him out.

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

First off Smokey he is gorgeous :) and certainly by looking at him he certainly looks like someone lost pet. Have you thought of putting a pic of him in your local paper to see if anyone knows him?

Also, have you talked to your Humane Society or animal rescue people to see if you can borrow a humane trap to try and get him.

Just some thoughts on how you might be able to help him even more :)

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

He's a beaut Smokey!

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i finally uploaded some more pictures of my foster kittens! in the first bunch i posted a while back they were about 3 weeks old, in these ones they are 9-10 i think.

wilson doesnt like doing homework either
    i heard a strange noise and turned around to find this on top of the curtain rod! :eek:
    house has outgrown his favourite napping place
    showing off his almost heart shaped patch
    foreman and house trying to help with the laundry
    foreman feels the same way about parasitology as i do

although i really hope they got homes quickly so they didnt have to stay in the shelter long, a part of me cant help but want them to still be there so i can continue to foster them when i get back :D

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

allmaple they are just too cute :) I love the one on the curtain rod :guffaw:

9. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I have a real silly rabbit, Oscar. When I come down in the morning, he actually greets me (just like a dog). He stand up straight and he won't stop until I say something to him. He can jump very high! He actually jumped out of his cage once. I was getting him food, so I let the lid open for a while. All of a sudden he was standing next to me. He also can have his racing moments. He starts racing trough his cage, like a stark raving made rabbit. But I read that it means that he's happy (in his case very happy, he's like roadrunner). Oscar also gives bunny kisses. He licks you (again, just like a dog). Apparently that means that he's comfortable with you. So my conclusion, I have a silly but very happy rabbit. Here are some pictures I took when Oscar thought he had to hide in the hay.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B0N43wUtJJo/S0btZmKzhfI/AAAAAAAAAbo/UZmBK6ogkyw/s1600/P1050471.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B0N43wUtJJo/S0btZreaZxI/AAAAAAAAAbg/sOU-jE1VFwY/s1600/P1050470.JPG

If you're wondering what the blue thing is he's sitting in. That's his toilet, but off course he uses it as a bed.... :wtf:

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Squeakers is my 16 year old calico. I adopted her when she was 6 weeks old. I had been fostering her for the Toronto Humane Society and she stole her way in my heart. By the time I was supposed to bring her back, I was smitten with her. There was no way I could not adopt her. She has been with me through thick and thin. My daughter and I love her so.

Now I am waiting to her some test results, but the vet suspects the news is not good. I am not ready to say goodbye.:(

11. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

At least he knows someone cares My aunt in Wisconsin been feeding what she calls "outdoros" for a couple of years just be very careful she recently has also been attracting other critters like raccoons and possums He is a cute cat though

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  12. Smokey

Awwww...Squeakers has had an AWESOME life with you all these years! It's hard to say goodbye, but it's one last good thing you can do for her after all she's done for you over the years. You are doing what's best for her...something she can't do for herself and depends on you to do. I know it sucks tho. Been there myself. :(

:lol: Oh, the raccoons and possums were here before he came anyway! And let's see....what else has come up to my patio to visit? I've seen groundhogs, skunks, rabbits, deer, a turtle, moles, chipmunks, an owl, a hawk, and mice! And I live in town! :lol:

I have a blanket on a lawn chair out there, and for the past few days Snow Kitty has been sitting there a lot, making himself at home. He still runs behind the fence when I bring the food out, but I think it's progress. :)

We're due for some more snow this weekend tho. :(

13. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm sorry to hear about Squeakers. I know how hard it is to lose a pet, because they're just not a pet. They're family and like a child. You gave her a great life and like Smokey said, you have to do this one last thing for her. No matter how hard it is.

I am NOT looking forward to when I'll have to put my Rogen down. :(

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It's been a long 2 years or so, but we took Thomas in for his final follow-up exam this morning. He's been given a clean bill of health for the first time since the tumor was found around 2 years ago. :D I just gotta say that the girls at this vets office were amazing (our vet wasn't qualified to do the surgery and sent us to one who was). We didn't think we were going to have him for much longer and now he's been given a clean bill of health. :beer:

Susan