Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Well you summed it all up, I cant think of anything to add to that list:)

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

How about Eric and Clleigh in the scene after Hagen committed suicide (makes me so very reluctant to state my love for my local Pub, Hagan's...which rocks in food and drink) on the firing range in the Ballistics Lab. Eric was so sweet and tender with her. He tried to redirect her and when she wouldn't respond he just was gentle and kind and very loving. You got an even deeper sense of how much they cared about each other in that episode. Calleigh was raw, hurting and vulnerable and Eric saw that. Playa he might have been, but never with Calleigh. I think he might have loved her even then, but didn't know it.

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, I'm a little sadist, I like the scenes when one of them is a bit jealous - especially Eric. Eric asking Jake 'How was Antigua?' and his face showing how jealous he is; the scene where Eric confronts Cal about the picture with the horsetrainer and she reminds him that it was just one afternoon; scene where Eric receives a phone call and Cal is asking who it was(then he unnecessarily lies to her that it was a lab).
    I like my hiphuggers, but kind of enjoyed the love triangle and would like Jake to pop in from time to time(maybe that would make Eric get a ring finally).

4. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I absolutely agree Kala!

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

:guffaw:I actually thought about that too! I'd like to see Jake return for one episode (not more :devil: ), and pursue Calleigh, so that Eric finally realizes that he runs the risk of loosing her if he waits too long to commit.
    I have to admit that I too like jealous Eric :lol:

6. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

That would be crazy if Jake comes back to get Cal.:eek: I wouldn't be surpised if that happen b/c it seems drama follows them everywhere. It would make for great TV and probably upset some shippers.

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I love that idea! Although I don't think that Jake would be an actual threat to Eric, as Calleigh made her decision long ago, a possible Jake return could remind him of the past and how long he waited- something he shouldn't do again.

A nice alternative would be for Jake to come back after Calleigh and Eric had gotten engaged. It would be great to see Jake pretty flustered.

8. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Hey guys, ^^^ this is what I said earlier! I don't think I'm being quoted properly :lol:!
    No offense to Jake's fans, but I don't want him to come back and get in between our hiphuggers. All I want is for him to be back long enough to keep Eric on his toes, and make him pay more attention to Calleigh. And, yes, I do prefer jealous and possessive Eric to indifferent and indecisive Eric, which is what we've been getting lately :rolleyes:! Calleigh deserves better than that!

11. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Oh my gosh! What a drama! I know it would upset some shippers, but not me. It would, perhaps, depending on the way it was handled by the writers, annoy me, but it has potential.

One of my fave sweet scenes between Eric and Calleigh was in "Death Grip" after they found the beginning of the remains of Consuela Valez...her foot...inside the guts of a gator. Eric was upset and Calleigh saw and followed him. They talked about the racial unfairness of the coverage, him stating that "In this world you have to have blonde hair and blue eyes to get any attention" glances almost guiltily at her, "No offence." She chooses to accept it with her usual good humor and points out that her eyes are green. He smiles slightly at that.

It was a gentle and sweet scene that cemented the deep friendship that was growing between them. The writers must have seen something between the characters. I know, from individual interviews of the actors, that they have a very close and loving friendship. They're best buds and the love that they feel for each other translates well onto the screen. It helps to make the Eric and Calleigh romance just that much more believable.

In a recent interview, Adam said that he "missed her face", meaning, as it does, that he missed seeing her every day. This is telling of the close friendship they have. He missed seeing her every day. She's indicated that she's missed him just as much. He was her first friend on the set. I believe her. I think that their platonic, yet very affectionate friendship is just that.

I have a friend that I met at my summer gig (Bristol Reniassance Faire) that is married and he and I could not be closer if we were brother and sister. We love each other that much so I can understand the attachment E.P and A.R hold for each other.

Written this year, Calleigh seems lost and floundering without Eric. He seems to have been her anchor. She's tried to hold onto Ryan and Jesse, but can't find her moorings. She is unable to drop her emotional anchor, and it's weighing on her far more than it has in her past. She's visibly worn and tired. The sunniness has left her. She's fighting it, because that's what she does, but it's artificial. Ms. Procter is masterful in showing that. She so needs some sort of cinimatic award....

12. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

OMG, you just captured all my thoughts in your post!! I agree with everything you said. The pairing if Eric and Calleigh was a "no-brainer," IMO. I'm a romantic and a shipper, but only when a couple seems like a natural, unforced match. And it was that way with E & C. Their chemistry was obvious from the 1st season of CSI: Miami. :adore: So much so that I wasn't surprised to learn that Adam and Emily are close friends in real-life. Their genuine affection spills over on camera, manifesting not only as sexual tension between E & C, but also true tenderness and caring that are engaging to watch. Calleigh is a character who plays it close to the vest and keeps her emotions in check, but she loved & trusted Eric so much that she allowed him get past her walls and let herself be vulnerable with him. I imagine that his leaving the CSI team and going off to Puerto Rico (even if it was just for 6 weeks) must have been heartbreaking for her. :( And, as you said, lady10, Emily has done a great job of capturing these emotions in a perfectly understated fashion.:thumbsup:

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Thank you so much, Delquesne . I really appreciate the feedback. Yeah, the chemistry has been ther a very ong time and had only been added to by the close and loviong personal relatioship the actors share. They both catagorize themselves as "aggressively affectionate", which is understandable in their platonic relationship. Snuggles and cuddles will happen. They mean nothing more than "you are my friend and I love you". I don't know about him, but she's reported to have a steady boyfriend outside CSI enough to consider having kids.

14. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Yo! Tumbleweeds...anyone there?

15. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hello people, next episode is a hiphugger episode! I hope so, anyway :D
    Eric will be there so hopefully they will resolve their 'issues' and will be on the way to a happy end. Anyone has spoilers or promos?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.