Mac <3 Stella #18: Because she will find a way to her real love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ghawazee, Sep 25, 2009.

?

New Smacked Thread

Poll closed Oct 2, 2009.
  1. Mac <3 Stella #18: Because True Love Is NOT A One Night Stand

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. Mac <3 Stella #18: 'Cause she belongs with Mac dammit!

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Mac <3 Stella #18: Because It's Smack NOT ADella, stupid writers!!!

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Mac <3 Stella #18: Mac'll Smack ADella When/If He Finds Out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Mac<3 Stella #18: 'Cause SMACk beats Adella anyday

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. Mac <3 Stella # 18: Strong and confident beats shy and geeky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mac <3 Stella # 18:Because they're not alone

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Mac <3 Stella #18: Because No Dork Can Ruin What They Have

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  9. Mac <3 Stella #18: Because she will find a way to her real love

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  10. Mac <3 Stella #18: Because he will be strong for both

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

First of all no apoligies needed and secondly I thoroughly enjoyed your post! very thought provoking:thumbsup: Welcome ELW!

I thought the episode was not so hopeless, just because there was no hand holding and special looks does not make it a complete disappointment au contraire... Remember the age difference of M/S vs. D/L. Your not going to get the outright flirtations like Danny gives Lindsey Mac will be more subtle as we are FINALLY getting to see, and HE will not rush into it.To be honest who wants them to anyway? I like the slow, cautious approach. I find it much more sensuous and sincere. I like the way TPTB are playing this out,by giving us the out right suggestion of a romantic relationship forming the last two episodes, now it is time to pull back abit and give some background information to the friendship relationship they share and how long it has been unfolding. Remember in the beginning of the series Mac was so devastated by the loss of Claire it seemed he had nobody and was quite alone. My guess is that since Stella took the lead on this case these people were Stellas friends first, the guy at least, and then since he worked as a DA she introduced Mac to them probably within the last few years. And as far as Mac not coming to hold Stellas hand, Stella has a personality of strength and it was not so much her person in danger or being hurt (because Mac would be right there if it was) but more her feelings and her trust being betrayed from someone she thought she knew and thought was a friend. I think last night was good, not in a visual sense but so much was revealed for the imagination to play with and that has been pretty much the Mac Stella relationship from the start in my opinion. I think this will be so much more enjoyable to watch unfold because now that they have placed Mac in "interested mode" there will be more to come:thumbsup:Slowww and easy my friends oh yeah!!!

2. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

haha!! nope, there were no problems with the door! he opened it, got out, and slammed it closed without an issue!! :D

oh, and please don't let anything deter you from watching the ep. i'm one of the biggest Mac fans and SMacked shippers out there, and i looooooooooved it. true, there were some glaringly missed opportunities, but all the characters were so well connected and relaxed/natural/developing-(DL here) again that it all flowed really well. and if you look pass the possible moments, there really was quite a bit we can infer. example in point: not only does it seem that stella is driving the two of them in mac's truck to the crime scene, but they screech up like they are in a big hurry and wait a sec...........hawkes has already had time to photograph, spray for shoeprints and lift one and the DA is already there?!! since when is Mac or Stella ever 'late' to a crime scene...........together.......? ;):devil::devil: ahhhhh, the possibilities are delightful!! :angel:

and like i promised: clickies!! :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

that last one kinda speaks to what i touched on in my review of the ep on the other thread.........just look at how open and at ease mac's body language is - his hands and arms are behind him on the desk, and the way he's put himself off balance by crossing his feet.............i mean, mac the ever-ready has made himself completely vulnerable here. :adore::adore:

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey ELW, welcome to the thread!

Am I the only one who thinks that there was some SMACK subtext in the case with the DA? Both Mac and Stella were horrified by the case for obvious reasons, but I think there may be something more. Craig and his wife did love each other but they eventually grew apart and I think that Mac and Stella may be afraid that something along those lines will happen to them.

I doubt that anything as extreme as this case is gonna happen, but I do think they're not gonna take any chances and who knows? If TPTB are doing what I think they're doing, then Mac and Stella are gonna be spending a lot more time together...

4. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Hey Family!

I saw that too! I was like "OMG they are so together. NOW SHOW IT!" but they didn't. Well, not in the canon-making way...

Anyway, I think I'm the first to post about this but did anyone notice that when Stella was interrogating Craig the first time, they showed Mac watching her with a very concerned look on his face, yet when she came out, he didn't talk to her or anything. So there was no reason to show him there. Except they did BECAUSE they wanted to show that he cares about her :)

I thought the episode was excellent. For SMACked and just as an episode.

Thank you Jade for all the pics!!!

Talk to you all soon. Love ya.

Axel

5. ELW922

ELW922 Civilian

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone! You're too kind :) Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying reading everyone's thoughts and analysis of the episode. One of my favorite things about Mac and Stella's relationship is the deep foundation of friendship and history they share, and I always enjoy seeing that reinforced. But never let it be said that I don't love the looks, touches, hugs, and kisses just as much! As long as there's a nice balance, I'm happy. Hopefully we'll be back to the more overt stuff in the next episode or so!

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Ohhhh, Mac's letting her drive now. You know what that means.;) Who wants to guess where they were coming from? Just look at those lovely looks being passed between them in those pics. They just speak volumes.:adore:

I like what you said Lori, about their relationship not being a rush. I think it makes it that much sweeter. Sure, we wish they would just consume their relationship, but is there any doubt right now that they won't eventually? It's the little things that happen between these two that make it so good.:)

7. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Maybe but I am surely going mental before I get what I want.:guffaw:
    Six seasons honey, 6 seasons of torture, I am breaking soon! I swear! It starts to frustrate me and when I get frustrated it's not good.:wtf:

Thanks for clickies!

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I think this slow dose needs the prescription upgraded for you!:lol: Just look at it like this everytime we see them now we can add the extra dose with our imagination:thumbsup:
    Good point Axel:thumbsup: Its like looking for the "Smack" clues Look Karlia there is more drug in there than you thought!:lol:

9. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

hey this is CSI...tptb wants to test our observation skills and we passed with an A+ ;);)

welcome to the club :lol::lol::lol:

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

haha, yes we did!! :D they should know by now that NOTHING can get snuck past us!!;) hmmmmm, maybe we're too good at it...........maybe that's why they seem to think they can get away with all this maddeningly subtle stuff that actually could have huge implications but only lasts for the splitist of seconds!!:p

AMEN to that!!!! :p:lol:

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Hey, hey, hey, I never said it wasn't getting to me either. Although, now that I think about it, I should have.:lol: In fact, it drives me absolutely nuts at times. I must confess I've probably screamed at the TV more times than it's deserved.:scream: Honestly though, how many countless times have there been where all they had to do was give that extra touch, look, or take that closer step and BAM! Personally, I think we need to get both Gary and Melina to write an episode and see what happens.;)

Jade, they could never get nothing over on this group of Smackies even if they tried.:D

12. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

at least we can all join in that wonderful place with padded walls and nice shirts that let us hug ourselves :guffaw:
    Sometimes I think writers are pure evil!:wtf:

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hello Family!!!!!!!! :D

A friend inside the Stellarina Thread told me there was a fire in the Smacked Household and now i can tell is from Mac and Stella's new???? relationship:lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the Smacked Family, Wildcat, Starrybluemoon and Elizabeth. It's a pleasure to have new members :D
    Post a lot and have fun and go nuts (well i think that was a necessary condition to get in here :lol:)

wildcat-->
    Probably it's a crazy idea but what if she becomes into his equal?. Aparently you say there is an issue because he is the chief and she is his subordinate. But the Manhattan Lab cannot have 2 bosses. However she can be any other lab boss but being sent to work with her old team.

The other option is either Mac or Stella quits but i only would think about that if they start a strong relationship. Right now, if you ask me, they are close to their first huge step:drool::drool::drool: (a confession, a hug or even....a kiss?)

Karu-->
    darling!it's been ages since i don't read you! :D I felt it too. When both of them were in Mac's office talking about Craig and Sarah i felt ther were tons of questions unanswered in the air. It was like they were asking themselves: "f we start something, will it happen to us too?"

And i need to say i did feel there was A LOT of Smackness. However it was so subtle i enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. Mainly because Craig and Sarah were THEIR friends and then because it was something that affected BOTH of them. I mean, it looked like the image of "We are a couple" even stronger.

It was a complete Stella's episode(BRAVO! way to go!!!! :D ) BUT even when Mac wasn't in many scenes, he was when he needed to be. So there never was that feeling of "emptiness" when you have a lot of a character and not from other because it was like Mac was always there when she needed him (my fav scene with them is that one inside Mac's office)

some jewels from the past :D I guess you understand why i picked them up ;) :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ps: Karlia, you are my evil twin!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Hi guys!
    I have seen the s6 premiere (it was on last Saturday) and maybe it's because I know there's a bit of Smacked later in the season, or all the discussion we had about it here, but I wasn't too bothered about Stella/Adam. It definitely seemed to me like it was a one-time thing, certainly as far as Stella's concerned. She said it was 'wonderful', but also that it was 'stupid' and they shouldn't do it again.
    I liked all Stella's scenes with Mac, especially when she told him off for going to meet the informant with Danny only and no back up, and when she reminded him he wasn't alone in the case. That was my favourite Smacked moment of the eppy, because in just that one sentence she was both reminding him he wasn't the only one affected by the case AND that he didn't have to face the case and catch the bad guys all alone - I think she could see he was getting really stressed and angry and frustrated and the 'you're not alone' was a reminder she was there for him. Loved how Mac shared his frustration with her, and how she was like his wife, telling him off and supporting him. Adored the scene at the end too where she went to help him put all the case papers and files away, and they didn't even speak, just looked at each other and smiled.

15. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Me evil? Now who leaked that information?:angel::angel:
    Okay I have horns just to keep halo straight. Darn thing keeps fading...cheap stuff...have to buy more expensive batteries :guffaw:

Actually while rewatching the episode I liked it better than first time. Probably because you guys put ideas into my head.:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.