Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I didn't even know :alienblush: *bad fan!bad fan!*

Happy Birthday David!!! Much love to you!!

:beer: <--- That's me & you, Delynn..... aren't we so pretty with our big bald heads. :lol:

2. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

Happy Birthday to you Dave!!!
    will always love ya!

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

**Happy Birthday, David Caruso!!!** :):thumbsup: You're a true one of a kind. :cool:

4. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

That we are, darlin'! :lol:

I'd love to get a chance to sit down and share a drink with you in the real world my friend. But for now a cyber drink will have to do. Cheers!!

HnStetlerfan, I've been meaning to tell you for a while now that I LOVE your banner! I adore "Hotch"!

5. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Aw, me too. And I'm sorry I've been so out-of-touch PM-wise. I thought my computer probs and other real life probs would calm down sooner, and I could send you a detailed PM about things we were talking about before. I promise I will when I catch up a little more. I'm still behind on some things... It was really hard to concentrate when I had to use a computer at the library, etc.

To keep this on topic: Am I the only one who's noticed that DC's eyes change color in different episodes? It seemed like there was this one season where in a few episodes, his eyes were the neatest color of aquamarine, then in some other eps, they're more of a cobalt blue. And in some eps they look brown! I wonder what his real eye color is? I like him with blue eyes the best. Any color of blue, really.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  6. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

It does seem that way sometimes. It happens to my best friends eyes too. Its all about the lighting, but rest assured DC is 100% blue. Far more noticeable when he's wearing his blue shirt that i positively adore. :drool:

Btw, nice to meet fellow Hotch fans. Or the "Other H" as my bff calls him.

7. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

You say that about his eyes like you've met him before. :) I love him in the blue shirt, too. It brings out his hair color, also.

Nice to meet you, too. :)

8. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

Tell you what, I noticed green eyes in S5, 6 & perhaps 7... but maybe, just maybe he uses contacts (even noticed that Natalia's got that same green).

Love H in his blue shirt too! And I especially like it when he wears a jet-black jacket with it... :drool: like the one in resurrection!

9. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

thats exactly what i was talking about. momentarily stuns me when i see. i may be wrong but it seems every time H wears a blue shirt he gets blood on it. some ppl spill coffee... :rolleyes:

though i do hafta say, i miss seeing H in light colored suits. he looked a little friendlier, and its very Miami.

Contacts? not sure, but some behind the scenes footage showed DC wearing glasses to read his scripts. made me laugh: he looked like a teacher. :lol:

10. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Happy birthday to a fellow ginger, David! :D

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

CBS recently invited fans to share their impression of Horatio. I absolutely adore both John Stewart and Stephen Colbert and very rarely miss their shows.

On Thursday night I was watching Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report and he began to do a segment about DNA and its use in helping to free individuals who have been wrongfully convicted.

Anyway, he all of a sudden referred to David and CSI Miami! :thumbsup: At the end of the CSI Miami reference, he did an impression of Horatio! :lol: :lol:

I thought some here might enjoy seeing it. The entire segment is over 7 minutes long, but Stephen's reference to CSI Miami starts at around 2:00 and his Horatio impression is at around 2:30 - if you'd like to fast forward.

(Please keep in mind that Mr. Colbert is a comedian/parodist and he doing a character when he is on his show.)

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/260953/january-07-2010/fatal-subtraction---barry-scheck

12. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

O.M.G :guffaw:

I've loved Colbert and Horatio for years. So imagine the giddiness felt by this fan. :thumbsup:

Thanx for posting this, it made my day!!!

13. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Wish it were 5 times that amount. I could pay my student loan off and have some cash to boot:)

15. Della

Della Police Officer

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but anyway, it's just some thoughts really...

I recently bought NYPD Blue the First Season just to see if it still stood as a first rank top quality program for me. I was not to be disappointed, however, not only did it, sadly, re-affirm my rather childish need to clip DC round the earhole for deciding to leave this wonderful program (the chemistry between him and his partner (can't spell his surname - sorry) was top notch), but I also saw some similarities between John Kelly and Horatio Caine.

However, for me, whilst John Kelly's less than squeaky clean image suited that character, it fails dismally for me when it comes to Horatio Caine - and I think it has to do with the formula of both shows as well as who the characters are and how they ontro'd and showed their "flaws".

NYPD blue was gritty and fairly realistic in terms of how it was shot, who the people were, and so on, whereas, for me, CSI Miami could not be further from that if they tried. Horatio Caine in comparison to John Kelly is truly comic book and therefore I have come to the conclusion that the reason I grew to dislike the Horatio Caine character, to the point that I stopped watching, is because the manner in which they intro'd Horatio's "flaws" was unrealistic and unbecoming for such a character.

...Also whilst John Kelly admitted that if he thought a scumbag like a rapist or killer they had banged to rights was going to walk then he would leave his badge and the consitution out of the room and deal with the problem until, it was implied, the perpetrator confessed. However, we never saw him do that, and that for me, was and is the big difference between Horatio Caine and John Kelly and it is an important difference- because there is an incredible gulf between talking about it and atually doing it that makes a character either acceptable or unnaceptable for me.

John Kelly may have said he'd leave his badge and consitution out of the room and we may also have believed the character, but because we never saw him do that there is always the possibility that when it came to the crunch, he might not have resorted to such an act. Whereas with Horatio Caine, whilst it has been demonstrated that his thoughts were on the same line as John Kelly's, the sad thing is, he has actually acted on them, and that's what makes the character unacceptable for me.

It's a shame really because at one time I absolutely adored the Horatio Caine character and DC's acting in both shows was top notch (I have no idea what it's like today as I've not watched CSI MIami since I think the middle of Season 6?). I have to say that I much prefer DC's actng in NYPD Blue, but he still brought something else to the Horatio Caine character, until they started to introuce simlarities between the Kelly and Caine characters.

Oh well, just some thoughts really.. I wish DC had stayed with NYPD Blue, but then would we have had him in CSI Miami? :)