**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

How freakin awesome is that. Your cousin & Adam in the same episode...get details, if you can :)

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

3. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Wow.
    I never thought of it that way!
    That really would explain seven episodes of terrible writing, and a poor introduction of Walter.

4. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'd expect that from an e/c fan. The writing hasn't exactly changed that much in the past 2 years....for the most part it's still the same, only this time we don't have that storyline pushed into nearly every episode -- other characters exist now as well as better team interaction. I prefer this season over the past 2.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I really like the increased team interaction as well as a chance to see other characters.

8. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Actually, I being an E/C fan, don't find this season too boring at all. The story lines are still the same to me, whether E/C is there or not. I prefer Seasons 4-7 and this year is winning me over. I watch the episodes, I'm entertained.

I do think the writing isn't up to par as it was in the past couple of seasons though. There are lots of characters in the show that should get screen time. I'm glad they are going that route, especially with the last episode involving Natalia's hearing problem. IMO that is a great storyline and they could take it so far. They didn't resolve her problems immediately in one show like they usually do, so we have something to look forward to in the next episode, if they don't leave us hanging. The writers are predictable like that. There have been so many story lines for all the casts, I felt could've been explained in greater detail. I think there may be a communication problem between the writers. There needs to be some follow-thru. I think the story lines are ok, but we need some consistency. I like that they are going out of the full on drama and showing scenes like the guys playing basketball, having drinks, or maybe show the girls shopping...it makes it personal to us as an audience. If it gets too frigid and too procedural, then it loses interest. We need to be able to relate to all the characters, whether it be in relationships, friendships, or quarrels, as well as on the job.

At any rate, I would like to see everyone get some light in this season, whether it be E/C, J/N, Ryan, Walter... just not too much of one person. Jesse is ok to watch, but we get he's the new guy and we have to make him feel at home. You can only write so much for a person to not worry about audience feeling a bit overwhelmed with someone's character. If you are an E/C fan, and you are a dedicated CSI Miami fan from Season 1, you can say that what they gave us last season on these characters was a long time coming. It may have been a little too much for other people's taste, but it was actually great to see two of this show's main characters form their own little team, if you know what I mean. It could've been any two characters, but these two had seniority and it was pleasing to watch. Where it will lead them, we don't know yet, but at least the writers gave it a try. We can all move on and say this happened or it is still happening, and we have others to focus on as well. Everyone can be happy.

One person I'd like to see back is Valera. I don't want to see her in a commercial during CSIM, but actually working in the lab with everyone else! I want to see Natalia's hearing problem story develop, Jesse's secret girl story, and him making it up to Natalia for standing her up. I want to see some resolution between Eric and Calleigh (if he is leaving, b/c we all know I'm on board to save Mr. Delko), I want to see a story line for Ryan, other than being involved with gamblers and gambling. How about a love interest or something about his family? Walter's deep dark secrets too...

One thing I did notice in the last ep is the ME's behavior. It was a little more remorseful and I'd like him to stay this way. These people were killed and are telling a story in death. Its not a medical school experiment. That's why I miss Alexx :(

Anyway, done rambling. I'm all for development and creativity. It keeps me interested.

Later for now.

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree. Overall I'm very pleased this season. There are things I'd like to see more of and things I like to see less of - and things I like to go away forever never to be seen again. But I'll give the writers time to work it out.

I think this season is the best season in a long while. The last three seasons have been horrible, in my opinion. They sorely tested my ability to stay with this show. I came very close to calling it quits. So this season has been a very pleasant change.

We have a team again! We have some new blood - and one of them is totally hot! Ryan has found some friends. Horatio is working his way back to the character I first respected. Characters that have been virtually ignored for the last three seasons are beginning to come out of the shadows (still waiting for FRANK! :scream:).

Yep, I'm likin' this season a lot. I hope they continue exactly as they have been. Definitely a lot of difference in preferences in the fandom of this show. One person's gold it another's tin.

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

Although I feel that the episodes are looking a little brighter for some of the neglected characters. I'm not absolutely loving this season.

TPTB really need to start paying attention to what they write. They are not being through.

Examples: Loaded guns in a gym bag? Running down the street after a speeding car, with said guns drawn? Walter telling the others not to answer their cell, because it could cause a spark, but then Jesse fires his gun (like that's not going to spark)? :wtf:

But you know continuity is not one of their strongest points. They have yet to tie up loose ends from seasons past.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Unfortunately,slower, some of those examples listed could go on in real life.
    Running down the street with guns drawn is just as bad as coming up to a hospital unit with guns drawn,a unit full of visitors including children.
    Cell phones can be responsible for setting sparks,interfering with equipment,setting off alarms,but I agree about the gun being fired.They probably should have just left ,but the shooting was more dramatic.
    There are things that need closer scrutiny,but I've been finding lately that truth is as strange as fiction and even though the show goes for drama,not all of it is off the mark,at least not by much.
    The continuity thing and loose ends they do need to work on.
    But as I said ,I am enjoying the team interactions as well as getting a chance to see other characters,that's always been a biggie with me.While not perfect,this season is better ,I too came close to freeing up that Monday time slot during an earlier season.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree with all of the above. Well, I dunno about the love interest thing. They can be iffy. :lol:

Bring Back Valera ASAP!!!

13. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I do like the team interaction, but the quality of the writing is much lower then it was even in season 6 and 7. The flow of the scenes, and the flow of the story from scene to scene is very poor. The lines and the way things are explained just bad.
    The plots are also way too recycled. I know that not every episode can be unique and that some where a plot has been done before. But come on, as I watched "Count Me Out" I thought "This is a cross between "The Oath" and "Freaks and Tweaks" !
    I agree about continuity. They really need to step up that! Not only the Eric/Calleigh stuff, but also Kyle, Ryan being kidnapped, Joe Lebrock from season 6, Ron (although I do understand that we will see him again in a three parter come Feb!). As welll as from this season, like Danielle! We should she her again. She's out of the hospital or coming back to work, or trasfering to a safer location or something!

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Woah! What? Where did you hear that? I didn't know that. Man... I didn't want him back. I hope that doesn't mean Julia will return. :lol: A three parter? Please tell me it's not another trilogy filled with Langston.

As for Kyle, they are planning to explain his absence. He's in the military and H will talk to him on the computer.

I remember the name Joe Lebrock, but the name is all I can remember. :lol:

The mentioned at the end of the hostage ep that Danielle was going to be fine and would make a full recovery. We'll probably never see her again unless they decide to have her and Jess date... which would be perfectly fine with me. I'd rather that than Jess/Nat or Jess/Cal.

15. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

hey guys i just saw the promo for Delko for the Defense. it kind of made the murder look kind of creepy. soooo glad that eric is back in this episode

here is the link on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9E8FZY9JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.