**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

On the Jesse "bad guy" subject, I see it as typical Miami just misleading viewers (I'm not solely talking about the promo or upcoming episode) -- I don't think he's truly a bad guy. Tara turning "bad" was very sudden, and seemed to just be a way for tptb to let her go. All the suspicion surrounding Jesse just seems to be part of his intro story, not a way to have him exit. I'm just not getting the vibe from previous scenes, or from TPTB, that Jesse's direction will lead to him being a murderer or crazy loon. IMHO, if he really was going to turn out to be a terrible guy, they wouldn't be making it this obvious with him watching Anna, standing up Natalia, being secretive, supposedly shooting his co-workers, and everything else they'll toy around with until his secret is revealed in 8.12.
    Seems a ridiculous route to go, but very typical for TPTB, imo.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I guess I missed that part of Kyle's interactiong with Tara and yep I agree with this part of your post. Still I just can't see Kyle in any of these situations. I don't know I just can't picture him as a patriot.

Not to mention that they could have just ignored him for a while since he was supposed to have a normal life, after all. I don't know I wish they didn't do anything with him after his last episode and they kept ignorning him for a while because I think he was the only member of Horatio's family who was.....normal and didn't have any weird storyline on his own. They could have kept ignoring him for while and brought him back whenever they wanted and however they wanted, just not in this way ;)

See? This is insulting not only for non-E/C fans but for every viewer who is enjoying the two of them. They're both considered mature at this point of the show and they decide to opt for some occasional sex not knowing what they really want from their relationship? This, to me, is simply disgusting...no matter wheather I do ship the two of them or not. This is disrespectful even to their fans :rolleyes:

I just picked up this example because, to me, personally, it is one of the worst examples that shows hoe actors' influence can be reallly bad. They want certain storylines & some stuff going on for their character? They want to accomplish fan's wishes? Very good, but this is not how Hollywood work? How many shows have been cancelled despite the good number of viewers? How many show didn't go on and had actually no conclusion just because TPTB cancelled them? Too many, but their actors were professional enough to look for soemthing else or wait for a new opportunity.

You want something good for your character? Well be confident your producers will find something good for you and don't influence them! 'Cause, to me, it only proves how much you don't trust them :rolleyes:. Not to mention that, as you said, there are lots of ways to give them closure.

You know, the more I watch this show, the more I wish H were cooperating with some undercover agent from CIA, or whatever they want, in order to get down a serious mob or, even better, a terrorist (or any other kind of bad person) who *drumroll* actually is a CSI of the department.

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

With regards to the Jesse thing, I agree with MJ. Its all hype that he is the bad guy and it is part of introducing his back story. It would be kinda good in a way if he was bad though- make it more interesting. But they will keep him as a good guy.

On to Kyle- I am glad that they are explaining where he is- at least that is something. I just hope that they dont kill him off. As has been said, H has had too much tragedy in his life, we dont need any more.

I must have missed the E/C thing, becase I havent a clue what that is about.........

4. jontogoisabeast

jontogoisabeast Hit and Run

I rewatched the promo a couple of times, and right when the camera zooms up on Walter screaming at Jesse, if u look closely, you can see something in the background that vaguely looks like a person. If it was a person, that's probably what Jesse was shooting at.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Unless its another bear like in that one episode. :lol:

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'm quite sure this is part of Jesse' seek of revenge which will be developed late in the season. That "person" might be Jesse's first suspect for the murder of his "wife", if this is gonna be his storyline...as it seems to be ;)

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I respect your opinion, but is there really any evidence to suggest that the actors are going against the wishes of TPTB? Yes, they are both very supportive of the Calleigh/Eric story arc, but that doesn't mean they are controlling it.

I can't speak for everyone, but the main reason I don't like Jesse is because he's too much like Horatio, and not in a good way. I used to like Horatio, I really did. He was a good person, but not completely infallible. Now, he's (grab your rosary beads, kids!) HORATIO CAINE, PATRON SAINT OF MIAMI'S VICTIMS, and Jesse is his assistant. I get that TPTB want us to see that Jesse is a good person, but there's a difference between portraying someone as good, and shoving it down our throats. Not only does Jesse come out the hero in a hostage situation, but he gets people jobs, and picks up trash that's not his! Can you believe it?! He even rights the wrongs of litterbugs!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I have also lost considerable respect for Eddie Cibrian in the past year, so seeing him on TV, on a show I really used to love, is somewhat of an annoyance.

At this point, I don't really care what they do with Jesse. I just want him to go away.

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I can't speak for all E/C shippers, but I'm less insulted now than I was earlier in the season, or towards the end of season 7. I see it as a step in the right direction, and I'm somewhat confident that the writers will use this as a stepping stone to put Calleigh and Eric in a stable, long-term relationship by the time this season is complete.

9. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

As a die hard E/C shipper, I have to say that I COMPLETELY agree with you! I don't see the latest development (in 8.14) as an insult. On the contrary, I am really thrilled with it because, like you said, I see it as a step in the right direction! More so than all the out of character E/C behaviour we witnessed at the end of season 7.
    I have to say though that I find it hilarious that some non E/C lovers would speak for us and assume things that are simply not true. I, for one, have always respected everybody's opinions and preferences (even if they were polar opposites of mine), and would really appreciate a similar respect in return.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  10. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

(Sorry wrong thread)

11. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I'm not interested in his back story, as he seems too 2D to me. It would be really interesting if he was a bad guy, but I have to agree with you. It is probably all hype to get us to watch. Sigh.

Oh, I hope they don't kill him off! I miss Kyle so much! I not know why they have to throw him in the military. If it is true, I hope that he is a medic like his mom was. I don't think they built up to this at all.

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Hey just got an alert from People Magazine that they have cast the convicted killer on death for ep 814. Turns out it is my cousin, Anthony Michael Hall!! LOL I totally did not know until I saw the article. ;)

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20325317,00.html

I'm gonna see what I can get out of him...no worries ;)

13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

That's sooooo cool Delkolover! Is that epi airing next year?

14. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

814 is airing next week I believe. And they are filming it this week.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

8.11 is airing next week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.