Ryan/Jon #25 - Wolfe's Den

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by GregNickRyanFan, Oct 6, 2009.

?

Which thread title do you like the best?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. TNT Togo

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Wolfe's Den

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Wolfe's Gang

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Fellowship of the Fishy

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slower

slower Lab Technician

Wow, Ryan playing comedy relief? That is such a depressing thought. I have said it before Jon is a talented actor and him playing second fiddle to those two is such a waste of that talent. I know that Jon is a funny guy, but he is playing Ryan, not Jon. Let him have some lighter moments, but let's not forget who or what his character is all about. Hopefully this is just a phase and will pass. If not I vote to dump Jesse and Walter.

2. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I'd like to see Jon and Emily in a comedy,perhaps together.I think it can be great!!They are soo funny!

3. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

It would be great!:thumbsup:

4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Unfortunately, I completely agree with that accessment and yes, it is a very depressing thought. After reading the interview with the CSI:M co-executive producers (see page 48 of the Spoiler Lab), it seems as if they have no intention of having any story arcs positive or negative for Ryan. He'll probably get screen time (most of it playing off of Walter and Jesse) but nothing of too much substance. I have enjoyed a lighter funnier Ryan but it has come with a price; a dumbing down of his character.:scream: Slower is so right; Jon is a talented actor who talent is being wasted on this show. Hopefully they are just being tight lipped on what will happen in the remaining eppies. If they do decide to grace us with a Ryan story arc, hopefully it is a positive one; enough of getting him into trouble.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree also.When I first read that interview with the co-producers,the first thought in my head was,"no story for Ryan this season".
    It would be a great surprise if we saw a really good story for Ryan.I would be ecstatic if the dumbing down ceased and the writers and TPTB remembered that Ryan is actually a smart guy.

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

One just has to watch the early Ryan eppies pretty closely (and even the ones from last season), to realize how much they are dumbing him down. A good quality story line or two and Ryan brought back to pre-season 8 form is what we are asking for. Jon deserves as much:)

7. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

I just can't help hoping it's going to get better... I mean, there's still a good half season to go, I don't know, MAYBE something REALLY AWESOME could happen with Ryan!!!!

I'm just trying to stay positive. ^_^

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I wish I could be more positive. Maybe I'm being a pessimist,but I don't think so. However I wouldn't mind being wrong in this instance. I just think the writers and TPTB minds are elsewhere, like on the newer characters and Adam's remaining episodes.

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Tanya- I have decided to stay positive too. Although I do agree with your assesment Greatfan, im going to keep hoping. There is so much they can do with the character (that doesn't involve dumbing him down!)
    I saw the epi last night with the grenade in the morgue. Ryan was so good with Kyle- like a big Brother. Its a shame that Kyle is no longer part of the show. I would have liked to have seen more scenes with them 2.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^ Solitaire,maybe you and Tanya can help keep me positive.There's a lot that can be done with the character.There are wonderful fanfic writers around that have come up with great ideas,you would think professional writers could also.
    Ryan was great with Kyle, he looks good in that protective mode.I loved his little slide across the floor too.

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I swear I haven't forgotten about the caps! I'll try to get them done tonight or tomorrow! *hugs to the Wolfe Pack*

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

May I also join the "stay positive" support group? I would also like to believe that Ryan won't be forgotten this year and will get a story arc that will one, show Jon's acting abilities and two, show the world that yes, Ryan can be a hero too. If I need a positive booster shot, I will visit here and shout out:lol:

I wasn't worried. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.:thumbsup:

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

14. slower

slower Lab Technician

Sign me up too. Ryan is due for great things to happen. :)

15. BethHK

BethHK Victim

Hey all, I am sort of new to this board. Last season I started to like Ryan a lot when he saved Kyle's life from that grenade (and from his psyco mother.) I ignored the whole faking the finger print in "WISC" as just another poor decision by the writers. (They have a lot of those.) And just because the writers failed to properly show Horatio's gratitude for saving Kyle, doesn't mean a whole lot of beans to me. He'll always be a hero in my book. :thumbsup:

I haven't been watching since 8.05 (for my own reasons completely different than others.), but that's sad that they are "dumming down" Ryan for Jesse and Walter and using him as a comic relief. He had become my third favorite character, and he was my brother's favorite. I had enough of those two before I stopped watching and apparently they are still annoying. I'm kind of glad I don't watch anymore.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.