Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I wouldn't worry about that scene in 8.12 with Calleigh & Jesse. I read the spoiler, and I'm not the least bit concerned.
    What I don't understand is Eric's absence from the episode. He's supposed to be in 8.11, and not 8.12? How are the writers scattering the remaining 7 episodes that he agreed to do is what I'd like to know!
    Also, apparently there was absolutely no mention of Eric in the last episode. Isn't a bit strange, even by CSIM standards, that a CSI doesn't show up for work, and NOBODY asks about his absence :rolleyes:?
    Not having E/C scenes in the episodes REALLY sucks :scream:! I'm having the same "hiphugger" withdrawal symptoms that I had over the summer :(.
    I know, I know, WE WILL HAVE OUR HAPPY ENDING! But the wait feels sooooo long!

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Definately overreacting. The scene is just her confronting him about what he is hiding. She says she doesn't know what to make of him b/c he is hiding something and we all know Cal doesn't like it when her co-workers have secrets. She has trouble trusting people as it is and she is very protective of the team and they are often partnered up so if she can't trust him or he is hiding something that can get someone on the team hurt....you know she is going to get to the bottom of it.

As for E/C, I think we will get a happy ending to some extent. While they might not get married or whatever, I think the writers, based on Adam saying he would be happy to return from time to time, will leave E/C this season on a happy note so that if and when Adam comes back, E/C will be alive.

I thought it interesting how Calleigh connects on some level with Penny....and while I may not always agree with the person who said it, I agree that the impression was given that her connection with the young woman is in someway a foreshadowing for Calleigh. Wheither is has to do with her life in general (her seeing herself in this young woman) or her career and her future idk. But I definately read the spoilers in that way. That something is up with her. Again, what idk. Adam does have 6 eps left so who knows ;)

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hello, I'm new here. I can tell you that there is more E/C shippers than you think, so hopefully writers and producers of CSIM will give us our happy ending. I think Eric will show up in more episodes towards the end of the season - maybe another cliffhanger(will she won't she say yes to his proposal ;))
    I'm in the UK so watching happy hiphuggers moments so far, not looking forward to season 8 at all. I read spoilers, but they are not too optimistic...:(

4. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

kala79 i'm in the uk too. dosnt it suck to know it may not all end happy happy when at the moment e/c are well and truly loved up for us?!

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hi all,

Just stopped by to say that tonight starts a major event in CSI history. The three-way cross over with all three CSI shows.

I wanted to remind people of a few things;

First, all discussion of current and future episodes MUST go in a spoiler box. It must remain that way until the episode has aired throughout the entire US. If you don't know how to use a spoiler box, PM one of us, we'll be glad to help.

Second, all discussion must contain at least three lines of on-topic discussion of your ship. Please DO NOT come into a thread and post stuff like OMG! Then leave. That's not only spammy, but against board rules.

And lastly, If any of you have any questions, please feel free to PM us.

Enjoy CSI history. :D

6. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

At one point today Emily went online to chat live with her fans on tv.com. A lot of us missed the chance cause we were misinformed about the actual time this was supposed to take place.
    One of the things we learned is that she was in New York this weekend :eek:! Coincidence? I hope not ;)!
    There were some questions about Adam's departure...etc. Too bad no one asked her about E/C's future!

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I am so glad to read that Eric will be returning for many episodes. For a while there I was worried that the last episode we saw him in was his send off and that would've been disappointing. I don't like the word emotional fallout when used to describe the upcoming scenes with Eric and Calleigh. I really hope they overcome whatever challenges come their way. The good news is at least we haven't seen the end and their relationship will still be focused on.

8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi CSIMiamiLover88! Yeah, it's kind of difficult to watch it if we know that there may not be a happy ending...:( I'm actually not a CSI Miami fan, I much more prefer the other two, so watch it mostly for Eric and Calleigh. Horatio annoys me, these mafia stuff are boring(too much of it), in many ways it's more a gangsta movie than a decent criminal drama. I like CSI Miami cast though - adore Emily, Adam, Jonathan and Eva. It's a pleasure to watch them, that's why I'm so sad to see Adam go. I really hope that he will return full time, just like Jorja Fox did(even though I don't care about her).
    I am not sure I will be watching season 8...but so far we have season 7 in the UK! :)

9. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Welcome to the thread kala!
    You're not very different from most of us here. We all are die hard "hiphuggers" fans. Actually the only reason I watch the show is E/C. It's a shame that you guys in the UK cannot really enjoy all the happy E/C moments in season 7, knowing what's in store for them in season 8 :(.
    We haven't lost hope yet though. Hopefully, by the end of this season, we'll have some really happy "hiphuggers" news for you, and Adam will be back full time for next season ;)!

10. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Hey all :)

5 second Dance Party!!

OK um, well I have been reading stuff, and its making me happy, not the Emily Proctor interview, but the one that was done with two of the shows creators, or something, any who, I'm happy with what they said, its on the front page...

and with what they said, shows me that our couple is going to be OK :thumbsup:, therefore I'm relaxed, and I will watch all the episodes, and wait till it all happens :)

and that is why I'm dancing *cabbage patch* and *running man* oh yeah i'm getting down... OK I'm stopping now...

bye all :)

ugh, I just went threw like 5 different icons... I found one I like... for now...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  11. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Oooooo. I have to join you in that dance (well, I would if I hadn't fractured my foot). That front page interview says a lot without saying much. :p I would say that this season looks to be more interesting that I thought it might be.

But then the pessimist in me comes out and says that they are very good at misleading us too. But I'm going to try to keep Miss Pessimist locked away and watch the episodes with AR in them just to see what is happening.

12. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

What front page are we talking about? A new interview? :wtf::alienblush:

13. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Big Hello to all!:)
    welcome kala79:)

I feel the same & even a possibility that he may be coming back full time is really great. It's nice to know that there are still so many plan for EC in the future. I hope that the surprising turns is a positive one since they are very aware of how strong the connection & feelings are between Eric & Calleigh! I'm also a bit worried about the emotional fallout thing but all in all the interview brought back my optimism:thumbsup:

Still feeling the EC love & looking forward to their great future together:thumbsup:

14. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Here you go... http://www.csifiles.com/content/2009/11/interview-marc-dube-and-barry-obrien/

It's actually in the box to the right on any front page of any Talk CSI forum. It's the interview with Marc Dube and Barry O'Brien

It give us hiphuggers some hope for the future while at the same time being maddenly uninformative. :p Enjoy.

15. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME! Ugh I was in NYC this past weekend, what was she doing following me?! She should of at least called..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.