William/Grissom: Of CSI & Beyond #14

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

If I could have my choice and this is strickly my view, and see him in a play front row and all freebies in Chicago, or have him come back on the show, I'd choose the latter, due to the fact he'd never get together with me, and I'd be going home alone and he' goes home with his wife. If I lived in a fan-fiction/fantasy world, I could on CSI, be Sara his wife, and be with him every day and every week on the show. I also wouldn't want to wait 7 or 8 months in between plays, to long. And right now one can watch re-runs on CBS or SPIKE every night or tapes or DVD's so he's always there. You can't watch his plays on DVD or on video or see them every week. I could have gone to see him in Hollwood for that 'star' event and chose not too, the traffic the parking, and seeing him from a distance and he waves, and then goes into the local restaurant with his wife and friends, and I'm not part of his inner circle, but his CSI co-stars are. he golfs with George, goes to Dodger games with Gary, the girls Marg and Jorja have gone to Chicago to see him. I'm not part of that either, except on CSI where I can see him as this outstanding character Grissom, and the rest of the team~I just don't want anything to shatter my image of him, plus I've got a real life, with a real partner and friends and work and family and he's a big celebrity with his own private life as well. I had a chance to go see U-2 at the Rose Bowl this weekend and chose not to, guess I'm getting old, but alas so is Billy~ That's my thoughts on this issue~

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Hey, bf, know where I can get a copy of 'Endgame' before the actual play next next year? I'm in need of a copy so I can actually have half a bloody clue what's going on! I'm sloooowly losing my ability to 'translate' literature so any help is much appreciated ; It's all those freaking CJ/Forensics classes....LOL

Random: Is Billy more likely to impulsively dance (as in can't-resist-the-urge) to 'Baby Got Back' or 'Macarana'? HA! I know, completely OT & random but God I had to ask...radio stations have brought both of them back and I'm finding myself doing jigs in my car at red lights & waiting for a parking space to clear out!!! LOL EMBARASSING!!

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Geez, only you would ask that...and only I would answer it.:lol: I'm gonna have to say the macarana, although I'm not sure he'd do either one. Maybe after he'd had a few lol.:p

For me, I'd much rather see him in the flesh than onscreen (although, I'd take him either way;)). There's just something undescribable about the feeling of being in the same room/place as him. Plus, if you're fortunate enough to meet him, you get to see Billy as Billy and not as a character. Even if I just got a quick glance and a wave, it'd be worth it. But, that's just my own personal opinion.

4. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

Crim, BF is in Berlin at the min so I will answer for her! But you can get Endgame from any internet site like amazon or something! i think i'm gonna need to get one with explanatory notes in it!! :lol:

Crim - car dancing is THE BEST!!! me and work buddy's favourite whilst driving round district is the beyonce song 'single ladies'. ACE!

But I have to agree with FOTN - seeing him in the flesh cannot be beaten. Those butterflies and flushes you get from being the same room as him - I wouldn't swap that feeling for all the episodes of CSI he did for all the world!

5. Desertwind

There ya' go difference of opinions again.. I saw Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart Robert Plant and many more super star rock icons, and it was fabulous to see them up close for sure, magnetic all of them, and I was thrilled, but when watching them on tape, don't have to deal with rowdy crowds, real jerk face drunks around you, etc. I'd love to see Billy up close and personal, and have a drink with him and talk about world politics or whatever he wanted to talk about, but that's not ever gonna' happen:( and still hold the theory if I can't hang with him, I'd prefer to see the show and imagine what if? and that on the show he's different every week, the episodes are different every week, the dialogue is different and I prefer that:thumbsup:

Here's another bio of him, and it talks about him golfing with George~and other tid-bits:p

http://www.csifanatic.com/csi-vegas-cast-fact-sheets/william-petersen/

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  6. Criminologist86

ROFL You're amazing & hilarious. I SO car dance to 'Single Ladies'!! HA! It's impossible not to!
    I agree, in person is so different & more emotional & amazing than seeing him through a T.V screen...it's so so so so sooooo much better!

bestie: I love that you answer my stupid questions :thumbsup: LOL You rock.

I'm off to go find a copy of 'Endgame' and 'Blackbird' on Amazon..wish me luck!

7. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Everybody car dances. Or should! It's the law. Wind your window down and belt it out ladies! Yee haw! 'The Killers' are EXCELLENT for that! :lol:

Guten tag. Or summat like that. Been in Berlin on a school trip. Danke and all that. Go to the Olympic Stadium if ever you find yourself there. Lordy!! Marvellous atmosphere! BIG beer!

Yeah, PLG is right, Crim, I got my Endgame script from Amazon.co.uk but the US version will have it. I think there's a link on WPAP to it. Don't worry. They do study guides for it! But I think you need to interpret it yourself. There is symbolism in everything - it's how you read the signifiers that matter. Sorry. That is a bit boffy. I do apologise!

I think it's possible to see Billy in the flesh and on DVD. I've downloaded CSI onto my mp4 player and it got me through my return flights this week. Billy calms me! Lol! Hate flying. Anyway, like I say, Billy is so many different characters on TV, film and on stage. I had to take the chance to see him this year. If you admire (or worship!) an actor or a band or whatever, you have to take a chance in life and go and see them for real. Life should not be about regrets and empty wishes of the past - and that's how I would have felt. It's a personal decision. I know I will go to America and see him in something else. When, I don't know, PLG and I have to decide as he is our adventure... but I know I enjoyed every second of seeing him.

As for meeting him, I've had my time with him. I've already said to PLG that I doubt I would want to wait behind the theatre again as he may not be as gorgeous as he was in July. But we went without any thoughts of drinking with him or going home with him... though that would have been nice! :devil: It was two fans meeting their hero. You go on whatever level you want to go on. He is never disappointing - either in performance or as a man.

You won't be putting up with drunks or anything like that. That just doesn't happen at the theatre. And if you go with realistic expectations - I went with absolutely zero expectations - you will never be disappointed. I'm not a lucky person. I NEVER in a million years expected to see him as Billy rather than 'Ray.' But I did and I took my chance and made him smile to get his autograph and was polite to get my photo with him. If anything, it made me admire him more.

But you have to make your own life choices and decisions as to whether you go or not. I would definitely see him again. For the experience if nothing else.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  8. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Hey guys! :)

Let me first say "Congrats on a new thread!" [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So I'm very late celebrating...:lol:
    BTW, I just love the new title of the thread! [​IMG]
    It was time for a change in the title. This is only the third time that the title of Mr. Petersen's thread has changed. :)

Do you think he dresses up for Halloween? I'm wondering what he would be?

[​IMG]

Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow

------------------------
    [​IMG]

9. Criminologist86

WPRocksMyWorld: Thanks ;) I"m thrilled we have a new thread ;)
    I think Billy gets to "dress up" for Halloween every time he is onstage, so he's been an alocholic undertaker & a pedophile so far ;) heehee

BF: I checked on Amazon- thankfully found 'Blackbird' but haven't checked for 'Endgame' yet...None of the libraries around here have copies either so I may have to buy them...which, I did want to get 'Blackbird' but I may just take your advice on 'Endgame' and interpret it myself...as much as is possible :p I suck at that stuff.

10. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I totally agree with you BF.
    I loved Billy as Grissom and miss him terribly on CSI when I think of watching it. I miss having him in my livingroom every week, BUT I would not have traded seeing Billy in the flesh for anything even though I wasn't fortunate enough to meet him personally.
    I mean we all know that he's an amazing actor and that he can play anything believably, but I can't describe the feeling of watching him LIVE on stage as he interpreted "Blackbird". It was absolutely electrifying and so much more fulfilling than what we get to see of him in a movie or TV role, imo.

Welcome back to Billy's new thread WPRocksMyWorld!!!

I totally believe that Billy dresses up for Halloween. He's a fun loving guy and I don't think that has changed.

Remember this picture? So cute... :adore:

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Well, based on that pic that gilsgal posted, I'd say yeah lol. Is it too obvious to say Sherlock Holmes?:lol: Now, call me crazy, but I think he'd make a good Phantom of the Opera. He's got that mysterious way about him to pull it off. Plus, I think he'd just look so dang hot in the costume.:drool:

12. WP_Rocks_MY_World

13. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

Ooooh....I love that pic WP_Rocks_MY_World. [​IMG] :drool:

I think we just received confirmation that Billy would look gorgeous in that costume FOTN ;)

14. Desertwind

Hi WPRMW nice to see you back on here where ya' been? where are all the rest of the fans that used to be on here? and love that Halloween photo. I was told we weren't allowed to post any photos on this thread..ever.. but guess it's OK now:confused: After the World Series [Go Yankees] we watched the old S/4 Jackpot" and He's so mesmorizing in this, his expressions and him in jeans:p still my all time favorite with him. He was in this like 3/4s of the ep. and so damn cute wow, 6 years ago. how time flies. Wished we could turn back the hands of time:(

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  15. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Howdy Des! :)

Oh I'm still around. I tend to read rather than post. And with Mr. Petersen gone from CSI, I'm not watching Vegas these days. It's so different now.
    See, it's been awhile and I forgot about the rules on posting pics in this thread. :lol: The mention of the Phantom made me think of that pic! :drool:
    I soooo love Jackpot!!!! He had one sexy beard back then. [​IMG]

I've been here for years now and I've seen many come and go....as long as we keep Grissom in our hearts, he'll go on forever. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------
    Happy Halloween!