Worst Movies Ever

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by lilbug, May 22, 2005.

1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Well, I agree, but in a different way. He's not a bad actor, he just gets roles in really bad movies. So he's not the one who makes movies bad, lol. I actually liked Night At The Museum (havent gotten to see NATM2, though).

2. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Okay, this isn't a bad movie but a bad show. I just caught a glimpse of this sketch comedy show on YTV called "That's So Weird". I watched about 5 minutes and I was sick of it. It was way overacted.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers was quite hilarious, if I do say so. :p

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

The Space Channel just had a "turkey-thon" and showed some of the worst movies as voted by viewers... I just sat through ALL of Battlefield Earth (never managed that before) and let me say, it's gotta be in the top 100 for this thread because that movie is a serious stinker. Whoh. :eek:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree that Battlefield Earth was terrible.

Okay, I didn't know where else to put this, but... I'm sure I've posted about how I think the three newer (but storyline wise first three) Star Wars movies (featuring young Annakin) are all terrible movies. Anyway, I was watching Return Of The Jedi (which I love) on Spike tonight and I noticed some changes at the end. First of all, they took out the Ewoks' catchy little song at the end and replaced it with instrumental music which was just a few beats above being a lullaby. Then at the very very end when it shows the spirts of Annakin, Ben and Yoda, they took out the original Annakin and put in Hayden Christiansen. Ruin one of my favorite movies by reminding me of crappy ones why don't you. :rolleyes: Ugh! Not to mention it's stupid. He should not look like that in spirit form because he was much much much older when he died... yet he looked younger than Luke in spirit form? :wtf: Dumb!

6. 915

915 CSI Level One

Are you serious yikes, my mom owns the original trilogy on VHS, totally agree that the original three movies are better. Geez can't believe so many didn't like the Happening I personally loved that movie. Okay My Bloody Valentine is personally a movie I could have lived without seeing it looked awesome in the previews and such but it was such a waste of time when I rented it. Okay the effects were so fake most of the time I think most of the hype came from it being in 3D I had to watch in regular old 2D, and you could tell where the effects were suppose to be and it sucked. It just screamed B rate movie, the only reason I was able to sit through it was because it had Jensen in it.

7. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Haha I have to agree about My Bloody Valentine! Only reason I sat through it was due to Kerr Smith :drool:
    I found the whole thing really predictable, I had worked out who the killer was before the cage scene, and that didn't even throw me off. I saw it in 3D and yeah the effects were pretty cool, but not cool enough to divert my attention from the fact it was a poooooor film.

That reminds me of another utterly awful horror movie-Valentine! Predictable pile of toot it was. Again, I worked out the "twist" pretty quickly, the acting was drrrrreadful (even for a horror film) and the deaths were nothing imaginative. If you ever feel tempted to watch it....don't!

8. GregNickRyanFan

Drag Me To Hell - Just watched this today. I love Justin Long and I usually like Sam Raimi's films, but... Okay so there were a few nods to the Evil Dead trilogy. but overall... not good. The movie seemed to drag to me. I kept getting up, looking outside, etc. And it was so gross (not necessarily the blood or anything, but other stuff). :lol:

Spoilers for the movie below... DMTH and the vampire movie with Josh Harnett which I can't remember the name of. Reason I'm mentioning the vampire movie is because if I recall, Sam Raimi was involved with it too. Anyway, don't click the spoiler bar if you haven't seen the movie unless you want to read the spoilers:

The funniest/creepiest part of the movie was when the spirit started talking through that goat. LMAO! Weird!

But... okay what the heck is Sam Raimi's fascination lately with showing animals slaughtered? I mean first that stupid vampire movie with Josh Hartnett (of whom I am NOT a fan, so that was one strike against the movie right there)... then the movie moved like a frickin' rock, so two strikes... then they showed (and you could hear) slaughtered huskies. After that scene, I left the room and never watched the rest of the movie and never intend to. It was just unnecessary for that to happen in the movie... and if I recall from what someone who did watch it all told me, the vamps are not even the ones who killed the dogs! It was a person! :wtf: I can't remember the name of the vampire movie.

Anyway, in Drag Me To Hell... they showed the girl kill her kitten because she thought that would get the spirit to leave her alone. Didn't work, so she killed the kitten for nothing... which is even worse.

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

The Josh Hartnett vampire movie you're talking about is called 30 Days of Night and while I thought the idea was frickin' awesome (I wonder why, prior to the comic upon which the movie is based, no one else had thought to imagine vampires going to one of the places on earth that gets absolutely no sun for 30 days straight), the execution was... just decent. And the ending was kind of bleh.

10. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Imo every movie with Robin Williams his horrible. I can't stand him since seeing him in What Dreams May Come (One of the worst movies ever!). Everytime he is on the screen I have to change the channel and it doesn't matter if it will be a good movie or not...

11. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I'm shocked by that! I love Robin Williams, he's so cute! :D Well, he has interesting movies indeed, but I love him. Mrs. Doubtfire is awesome :lol:

12. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Maybe it's in my genes 'cause my mum can't stand him too. :lol: Btw. I've seen Mrs. Doubtfire too and if I remember well it wasn't such horrible but it was before I saw What Dreams May Come so Mrs. Doubtfire is probably the only Robin Williams movie I approve... ;)

13. GregNickRyanFan

His movies lately aren't as funny as his stuff used to be. I was watching Season 1 Disc 1 of Mork and Mindy yesterday and laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. And brother said, "this was back when he was actually funny". :lol:

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Yeah, and hopped up on cocaine most of the time. ;)

He has his moments, but some of his stuff sucks large, for sure.

15. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I saw that movie a couple years ago in English class and I have to say it was way weird. Like beyond normal weird. It just wasn't the same seeing a serious Robin Williams.