CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

perlnoir,
    Remerciement pour les belles photos. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thank you.

I think they'll probably have Flack bottom out a bit further first, is my guess. Being "supportive" might not come till the upswing even, depending on how it's all written. Being Supportive might be a counter to someone else being very frustrated in dealing with Flack. Interesting to see how it goes. Of course, I'd expect little else from Stella than to be supportive.

I think this actually says as much or more about the writing and the potential layout for the season than it necessarily does Stella as a character.

Personally, I would rather have seen Stella talk to Danny directly instead of the scene with Lindsay. That just felt like there needed to be a scene with Lindsay, and fair enough, but at least a scene like Stella bringing Danny chicken soup, for example, is fun, serves the story, if not a tad of retconning, and it was an interesting exchange; we got to see their personalities and even a bit of their philosophies in a back and forth like that. I'm not gonna toss memories of that sort of dynamic because there hasn't been some sort of relevant equivalent yet in S6.

I think it's as likely a possibility that Stella's found Danny and Don at some point in the intervening months to see how they're doing as it is to say that she hasn't made the effort, for whatever reason. Mebbe Danny made some off-hand remark that prompted Stella to ask Lindsay after him and mildly prod for info, who knows. The omission for me derives not from some intended character direction but the very limited screentime, two eps, and finding ways to give everyone a bit of it. Until we get more, that's my take.

I think the writers are also making an effort to string things along, in their own way at least :p. I think they'll let character issues play out and become more pronounced before doing anything to resolve them. Erm. Mind you, it rained in the first hour :lol:. Whatever. Knowing spoilers often means we're waiting on the show to cram things in soonest, and wondering what it means if we haven't seen it done. Yet.

I think Stella broke down to a degree last season with the Greek Coin storyline. I mean, within it she'd been tossed down stairs, threatened, received dead rats express post, misled her friend and supervisor, interfered in a case she was told to stay away from, locked a member of a foreign office in a shipping container, tossed in her badge and took off to Greece; and by the end of Grounds had found loot from Alexander the Great's tomb, info about her birth mother, felt betrayed by a man she all but treated as a kind of surrogate father, and then watched him get killed, and was a pretty raw weeping bundle of emotion on Mediterranean soil. And then shortly after was back with badge and reading tea leaves calmly with a nice hint of Bonasera cheekiness and seemingly unscathed by the matter. I don't wanna sit thru another ep like Grounds, but that's just me :lol:.

I think I'd like to see Stella be Stella, protective fiesty friend to those she's adopted in the labs as her surrogate family. I'd like to see her effected by what they're going thru, I'd like to see her dealing with the loss of her friend Angell, I'd like to see her deal with the shooting, but not fall wholly to pieces because of it. I think it will be more interesting to see Flack fall apart than Stella, if only so I can avoid any potential for writing and scenarios where Preferred Male(s) Save the Day Should a Woman Falter.

I think this season has been set up with two major character arcs in Flack and Danny. And while I do want to see everyone dealing with Angell's death and the bar shooting, if everyone utterly crumbles then there are no supporting players to play off of. I think that Hawkes could have more reason to crack given what's to happen to him in addition to what they've all gone thru with the shooting, but I don't think he will either. I think he'll try to find a way to deal and still be able to help Messer. So why shouldn't Stella be capable of the same, trying to deal with her own shit while still supporting others without falling to pieces. I'm still not sold on the whole Flack arc but I'd rather see him lose himself than Stella this year, and I think it fits better, with his relationship with Angell. Terence's presence in all this as well as the team is really one of the things that's got me interested.

Messer got to yell Lookit Me and is due for another emotional critical mass while in physio, and Flack's yet to hit bottom; I'm not sure I'd like to see Stella lose it for the sake of a storyline about losing it, and until we see more from her this season, I'm not sure it would fit.

I am looking forward to 6.05, I think it is (?), where she has a more prominent role. And if there's lots of Stella in an ep about battle scars, and she certainly has some, then mebbe we'll get some new insight for her this season, and she'll get some good, challenging material too. That I would like to see.

I am interested and curious that Angell's father is making another appearance. It's a glimmer of hope in how they're handling the Flack storyline, one that kinda overshadows the typical NY casting of attractive people, even if that Cute Girl's really gonna be used in that way.

Thanks for posting all the pics. ^This, here, in particular, makes me very happy. Contagious grins. :p

More pics, thank you :). She is very pretty.

Looking forward to Sheldon getting some good stuff too. And if the woman in the pics is a love interest, it seems like it could be well worked into the scheme of things for how they met etc an' all that, thru the Parks Med Unit maybe.

As for Danny, I agree he is the kind of guy who would really try to push himself past any sort of physical personal limits or advised restraint, and mebbe hurt himself in doing so. Would be perfectly in keeping, and would be more interesting than medicating himself.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  3. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

While the Smackie in me loved 'GFD', I'm not entirely sure I want to sit through an ep like that either. Yeah she lost pretty much everything in that orchard, but like you said, once back in NY she acts as if nothings wrong. Maybe asking for a break down wasn't the right way to word it. What I'd like to see is a rebuilding ep for her, like 'Stealing Home' when she was still being bothered by Frankie's attack.

I agree! I think this is partially the reason people say that she's not acting like herself. In the last five seasons we've seen 'Mother Hen Stella', but so far this season nothing.

And yes, please let us avoid the Damsel in Distress route. :scream:

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: the pictures from "It Happened to Me" - the girl in question works for the Manhattan Parks Medical Unit, and Hawkes goes to see her after the guy he treated in the park the night before dies, hoping she knows the guy's name (or the girl who was with him). The woman reminds Hawkes that it was his responsibility to keep up with his log and whatnot.

So from what I've seen in the spoilers, she isn't necessarily a love interest - but it's always possible, especially since she's cute, doesn't work at the lab and would be a good choice IMO. :lol:

ETA: This video was posted on the CSI:NY twitter page - I don't know if anybody has seen it before because I haven't watched any previews for this week's episode. :lol:

5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^I don't know what it is, but that girl with Hawkes looks a lot like Nelly Furtado to me...:lol:

Is there any chance that the upcoming Stella episode (the one that one of the writers mentioned would be heavily Stella-centric) might be something like that? I didn't so much like the followup from the Frankie storyline in "Stealing Home" (although I liked "Open and Shut" from S3 better), just because I felt like it wasn't enough, given what she'd gone through with Frankie. So I guess I'm hoping we'll actually see some good stuff on how the shooting affected her, her interactions with the others, her job, etc. Because I agree -- I wouldn't call her OOC given what we've seen in "Epilogue" and "Blacklist", but it did seem weird to me too that she asked Lindsay (and Hawkes in "Epilogue") about Danny's condition, rather than just asking him directly herself.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't find it weird that Stella didn't talk to Danny directly, but I think it's a combination of people treating Danny delicately, because let's face it, he is fragile emotionally under normal circumstances, and not wanting to bombard him with, "Are you okay? How are you doing? What's the latest?" questions. Some people are okay with those, but after a while I imagine it's kind of annoying. And I'm sure no one wants to set Danny off, especially at work.

Honestly, I see Stella's reaction as more along the lines of Lindsay's... a little bit of "carpe diem." I don't see her as fragile or about to break because of what happened. I agree with the poster (sorry, forget who!) who pointed out that Stella was more shaken by someone else being hurt than she has been in the past when she's been hurt. Stella is strong, really strong. Danny isn't really. He's vulnerable and he falls apart pretty easily. I think he's probably doing better than anyone expected. But still, when the weakest member of your "family" gets hurt, you kind of circle the wagons a bit. I think they're all being protective of Danny in their way, but it doesn't all entail asking him if he's okay. I think there's a lot of talking around Danny because they're all concerned about him. Just my two cents on the matter!

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

er yes, i agree completely with this - i don't really have anything to add. sorry...

8. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

9. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

additional casting for 6.09, manhattanhenge:
    so adam has a date huh? :p

10. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Top:
    your points on Stella are well taken, and make for a good justification on her behavior. Since she is the kind of person to show concern without mollycoddling. I was glad to see she made referance to the behavior of Flack and noticed the "Unshaven" look (hard not to!). She does seem to be staying focused on the task at hand.

Elwood:
    I guess when you hold the pen you control there destiny!:lol:

11. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Apparently so. Yet another thing fed to the hungry black hole of continuity, how surprising.

12. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

13. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Plenilunio, i dont reall get what you meant, how is adam going on a date have anything to do with continuity, Adam doesnt have a girlfriend and Stella and Adam both decieded that their one night stand, was just that a one night stand, now i dont think it will be, but him and stella arent dating so he's free do to as he pleases, so i dont see the continuity problem

14. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

6.05 Battle Scars!

15. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Does anyone know the schedule of days we will not have an episode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.