Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Just watched the Canadian promo of Ep 8.03-Bolt Action!

A scene with Calleigh in the Locker Room about to approach Eric.
    Doesn't look good to me-can't wait for tomorrow night!:scream:

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

God it´s confusing.....Tell me more about the Canadian one which sounds different from the one I saw.....I have no luck as to finding "my"/ football one. But we will have the answer soon. Back later - take care hiphuggers

Now I am back

Allright, lets sum up:

We have more then one promo out there.....Why is there such difference between promo. The one in mainforum has No - Calleigh - My/football has Calleigh and the Canadian has a lockerroom scene. - if not "The locker room scene"

But I didn´t think the locker room was untill 8.5. Add to that the tweets ec4er found and it makes sense. If he leaves tonight:
    1. IA will be the reason
    2. They could break - up b/c of Calls testamony which looses him his job
    3. the lockerroom is her trying to reach out to him, but he rejects her for the time being. Open book ending. -" Not no, Call"
    And her remark to Nat will make sense as she cann´t "see" anything wrong with her actions. Leaving him to .......'

confusing again....he states 9 more which means at that point in time he had made???? Ec4er perhaps you can help here....He was in nr. 1 ...not in nr.2 ....is back in nr. 3....leaving How many pops?

All this is very heartbreaking. If you keep track of actor- statements in "Kiss" periode they(Adam) hinted at more....(Mayby a wedding) but now both Em and Adam seem carefull not to lead fans on to any direction of ship. Open book ending - it might be in trouble.
    Which indicates no one really knows how they(showrunners) want to end it. Making it very very ratings depending.

I think that any Eric popping will await "Betty Scedual" and any turn of storyline will be ratings dependend(?). Adam even states: Let them know how you feel . As if nothing is set in stone....

By now I am disappointed the Miami franchines. 1. Letting Adam go....stupid - stupid - stupid. b/c their hyped storyline is down the drains. 2. Leaving Call as an almost robotic character. -"IA told us not to have contact so I don´t." Hmmmm. I though this storyline was surposed to makes Call. evolve and leaving her past behind her.3. as posted earlier: so there is no mainstoryboard keeping track of storylines?. The everchanging writers get to use/imply storylines as they want ?
    This show has allways been a victim of changing writers and the fact showrunners has to please longtime viewers and the day-to-day viewers. But with "the Kiss" they made long-time viewer victim to majorcharacterchange for 2 main characters and made day-to-day viewer victim to personal storyline more important then murdermystery....(It worked ....or so I am told)

Has any of the other shows done that? Did NY do that with D/L? I am not american so I don´t get to see the promo as you do ....so please enlighten me.... Is the Kiss promo one off for franchise or do they all do it with their canoncouples?

oh ...I have one more.....LIke kids with bandaids.....do we want clean and quick and be done the show? or do we want long and painfull and still leave show?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

AJBucky, while I like your quotes,( because it confims my personal info) can you elaborate on where you draw your theories from? If you don't wish to bare all in a public forum, please email me.

4. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Hey guys!
    Wooow! Was there a party while I was away and somebody forgot to invite me :lol:?
    It's great to see some action here... Finally!
    Everybody, it's Miami Monday... and we have ERIC ON THE SHOW TONIGHT! So... the countdown continues; 2 down, eight more to go...(psst Aj, pay attention in class!)
    Just wanted to pop my head in and say hello to my fellow hiphuggers :).
    I'll probably be back later today to comment on the epi... we'll see how i'm gonna feel after I watch it :rolleyes:!

5. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

I just wanna drop by to say a hello to you guys...:)

I'm really looking forward to tommorow's episode mostly because ADAM's gonna be there. I'm still trying to get used to watching the show without Eric, which i seriously doubt will happen.

I really miss watching EC together.. the smiles, the glances, even their convensations about the case.. which is why I have devoted most of my time reading fanfics to satisfy my E/C craving;) (thanks to the amazing hiphugger writers:thumbsup:)

But anyway like most of you here I still plan to watch up to the end of the season just to see what will happen to to our favorite characters. Still hoping for a happy ending!

6. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello AJBUCKLY thanks for the head's up about the fanfics:)
    But unfortunately for me I haven't seen any new promos.. I've been trying to look for it but with no avail:( & why is it that in all the promos all I see is jesse? hmmp...

I really do hope we get a good episode tommorow because it seems that it'll be awhile before we see eric again...

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

8. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I was waiting for it to be shown again last night but no luck.
    All I can remember was that it showed the same thing as the other promos except for the locker room scene and there was a close up shot of Horatio. It was very quick!
    I think Calleigh was not wearing black, she was walking towards Eric who was opening his locker.

AJ- Adam still has 7 more eps to shoot.

9. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Welcome rhee52!
    Seriously I am at the point of just watching the episodes and not even thinking twice about the press releases. They changed soooo much in the first episode and the second that I bet half the stuff we "think" we know is going to be cut.
    I gotta agree that I believe the pop-ins by Adam are going to be solely based on his Ugly Betty schedule at least if I was Adam I would do it that way...make it work for him instead of the other way around.
    Hope everyone will come back later tonight and discuss this evenings episode if they are able to see it. I think it like the others will be very interesting to see what was cut from the episode which I might add is not the writers fault, b/c they probably have to make adjustments.
    Blah anyway have a nice day!

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Hey guys sorry I haven't been around.....I was in California last week. No, I wasn't anywhere near where they were filming ;)

As for the spoilers.....what u r all referring to, as far as I knew, WAS supposed to take place in 805. Whether or not there is a similar scene in tonight's ep or they pushed things forward or back....idk. We will have to wait and see.

To be honest, I haven't said much about E/C cuz past what I have already posted here....there hasn't been anything regarding them in any of the spoilers! So there is nothing to tell.

There should be another set of spoilers coming out sometime this week. I am hoping that we Adam one more time before the hiatus....otherwise we have to wait for the back half of the season to see him again! :(

THIS SUCKS!!!! :lol:

11. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I have been pretty busy recently but I read all your posts. And I have to say it's so sad that so much has changed since last year :(. I mean a year ago we were waiting impatiently when they finally get together and now here we are waiting for their break up wondering how and when it will happen and if it'll be final:scream:.
    I still can't believe cbs did it to us. It's obvious that they don't respect us.
    Now they add new characters, but they couldn't come to terms on Adam's contract, oh please. I really hope ratings will go down with every following episode, because it is what they deserve in my opinion. I hope they'll lose a lot of money this season.

Personally I am pretty sure that it is rather the end of their relationship, it's hard for me to believe it's going to be ok after all the informations we get. And if it really will be the end then I'm not going to watch it anymore.
    I'm even not sure if it's a good idea to watch tonight's episode, this is not too pleasant to watch such a sad thing like their break up. I thought it won't happen, but I guess I was so wrong.
    I guess you have more faith then me girls. And honestly I truly hope you're right and I'm totally wrong and maybe one day there'll be a big wedding and a lot of cute E/C babies.:)

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

The first scene was with Eric, Calleigh and Ryan. Eric is still on leave and things were really tense between him and Calleigh. Calleigh told Ryan it was because they still can't talk to each other.

Second, Calleigh and Eric were questioned seperately by Stetler. Stetler did try to make trouble between the two, trying to make Calleigh think Eric broke up with her

Third, the ending where Calleigh and Eric meet. They know what Stetler tried to do earlier, looks like things are good between Eric and Calleigh now. They were joking around and being cute. While I was relieved to see this, I was also sad because Adam is leaving soon.

13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Sweet!

While I love Stetler.....I also hate him!! He would try to convince to turn them against each other! But go E/C.....leaves me some hope

14. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

So... Where do I begin?

Ok, I'll start with what really interests us hiphuggers
    1) Locker room scene: Cal's talking to Ryan, and Eric shows up to get something out of his locker. Calleigh sees him coming towards her and she kinda holds her breath. She's nervous, staring at him. He's also nervous, looking at her. Ryan's all happy, shaking Delko's hand... Cal's sort of blocking Eric's way to his locker, so he exuses himself to go past her to get there. At this point, they're not allowed to talk to each other, she later tells Ryan.
    I have to admit, the scene was pretty angsty. I liked it, cause it showed they both still had strong feelings for each other, and they didn't act out of character like they've been doing in last season's finale.
    2) The IAB interrogation done by Stetler. They showed alternating scenes with Stetler/Cal and Stetler/Eric. Again, neither one of them threw the other under the bus. They both stood by each other and never accused or blamed the other of any wrongdoing. Stetler, however, lied to Cal and told her that Eric referred to her as his ex-girlfriend :devil:
    3) The last scene, bitter-sweet. They talked :)! And joked :lol:! And declared truce :adore:! And then said they'll see each other at work :wtf: !
    And Aj, remember what I said when you asked me what I thought about Eric's scene in the promo, when he's outside looking back and smiling? I was right! He was looking at Calleigh and she was looking back at him :adore:
    Other than that, the show can officially be called "The Super H & Jesse Show" :guffaw:H is now even telling the ME the cause of death! Is there anything that man cannot do :rolleyes:? Now we know why CSIM doesn't have an ME, they don't need one, they have Super H :guffaw:
    to tell the story of how great a love can be?

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I felt bad for Calleigh when she spoke with Ryan. I know he meant nothing by it but Calleigh, at that moment she just wanted hope not the opposite.

I think Eric and Calleigh are going to ease back into their relationship, it's been a tough couple weeks for them. I'm just glad they talked, joked and called a truce. Stetler put E/C to the test there, not only did it test them as coworkers but it tested their love for each other too!

I wouldn't say this show was The Super H and Jesse Show, this is the first in a while where each of the cast got a good amount of screentime. Viewers are going to be happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.