"SQWEEGEL" Discussion **Spoilers**

Defiantly interesting how that guy can move. Something tells me this "Ian Moone" thing is going to be on-going. I am interested to see how it plays out.

It's not going to be ongoing. There is no plans to have him on CSI again.

Langston: I figured out "I am no one' before you did. :p

Holy Continuity.

I like the episode, even though I have to see the first part since I miss that every week. However, i don't need another papa olaf story.

good episode. Personally it's painful to watch a contortionist, because well it looks painful. :lol:

Loved the scene with Nick and Catherine in the sex shop. She does have a way of 'teasing' her men. :lol:

Something tells me this "Ian Moone" thing is going to be on-going.

"Everything is up to the viewers. Head to www.level26.com to ask for Sqweegel and Ann-Margret to return to the show." - Zuiker, on the online chat.

Langston's talk about the "hourglass of evidence" - looked almost like he thought he was back in college giving a lecture.
And I think that's exactly what Nick, Greg, & Catherine thought from the looks they gave each other.

Yeah, loved those looks. I thought Catherine's was the best. :)

Pretty alright ep, I give it a B to a B+ and our new killer was intersting, certainly different, and I gotta ask, when are we gonna see Sqweegel again????? :)

It was a little creepy but I'll be able to go to sleep

The attic thing, I was hoping they'd bring up Stalker :thumbsup:

Ann Margret killing her son, I suspected that, I was hoping for a better twist :( same with the medic being the next vic, but him in the other suit at the end was interesting

The hour glass lesson, really :wtf:?? I hated that part, I'm not in elementary school anymore :scream: It was completly pointless

Ray's cane is starting to annoy me

Catherine becoming an expert in the sex stuff, I was hoping for a Lady Heather mention

No Sara but I didn't even realize she gone until later in the ep, looks like next week will make up for it :)

Good to see Brass, I wish they had mentioned where he was last week

I think Greg had a bit more screentime :) and he talked about Papa Olaf, didn't expect that

Hodges mentioning Griss :)

I wonder how many bodies they'll find in the house in next week's ep? :eek:

Now this was the first real episode this season I really liked. It was creepy and had a fascinating villain. Good usage of the whole team, even though Sara was not in it, but they said she would not be in every episode.

I did like the looks they gave when Ray had the hourglass theory drawn.

A Papa Olaf mention...gotta appreciate Zuiker for knowing how to write Greg. :)

Loved Hodges and Nick in his office about the kink. :lol: And of course that whole scene in the sex shop was funny too.

I give this an A+ and that is rare for me. :lol:

WOW I actually liked this episode. First time this season. And why....oh I dunno...cause GREG WAS THERE. OMG. HE WAS EVERYWHERE. GREG HERE...GREG THERE...Greg making jokes! I have to like...send him a freaking letter of thank you or something.

I have to admit I thought the whole sequence with Sqweegel and Ann Margaret in the end was pretty creepy. The way he just moved across the hallway...geez!! The only thing that bothered me a bit about the character was the voice. IDK I just kept thinking of Batman.

:lol: at Brass with the doll and the way he just picked up the name (Sqweegel) and kept using it.

We got a Grissom mention :thumbsup: (I have to say the minute Nick bent down to smell that I thought of Grissom)

We got continuity :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Catherine is just the best :lol: It was so funny how she played with Nick's head.

Good episode.

Well I must say that I did enjoy the episode.

Perhaps it's just me, but when Greg was heading into the closet area looking for the hatch to the attic, the overall scene reminded my of the closet scene in KKBB. The layout etc. And a second week in a row, I believe, a mention of a previous case from back in the day. Nice job!

Decent screentime for all involved. And if Sara is not going to have some sort of reference to Grissom, you know Hodges will. And of course, speaking of Hodges...his little scene with Nick as he was leaving the office and being caught by Cath made me laugh...but that's me :)

Catherine is just the best :lol: It was so funny how she played with Nick's head.
That comfort level between them after so many years of working long hours together is nice to see, even if it's one tormenting the other. I could only imagine the reaction to Catherine's comments had it been Grissom. The look he'd give...:lol:

The only thing that really creeped me about this sqweegel character was the way he was twitching his head when he confronted Margot in their last scene together.

Perhaps it's just me, but when Greg was heading into the closet area looking for the hatch to the attic, the overall scene reminded my of the closet scene in KKBB. The layout etc. And a second week in a row, I believe, a mention of a previous case from back in the day. Nice job!
I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw that closet too.

Perhaps it's just me, but when Greg was heading into the closet area looking for the hatch to the attic, the overall scene reminded my of the closet scene in KKBB. The layout etc.

I actually looked, to see if it was the same closet. :lol: (It wasn't :))

The entrance of the house reminded me of the house in Spark of Life too.

What a nice change of pace from last week's uninspired eisode. This episode really felt like the “old school” CSI from back in the good old days. It always helps when the writers have some nice continuity from previous seasons. In this one, I got vibes of a lot of older episodes – “Stalker” (the creepy guy in the attic), “Invisible Evidence”(the car wash), “Slaves of Las Vegas” (Cath & Nick’s sex shop talk), “spark of life” (the house & stairway at night), “What’s eating Gilbert Grissom” (the name anagram) and even “kiss kiss bye bye” (with the famous woman, and even the bedroom looked kind of familiar).

Other notes:
- even though we didn’t get to see her face this time, it’s nice to know that Caryn Mower had another appearance (doing Ann-Margret’s stunts) I bet she has a few bruises from those falls.

- the only thing missing in this ‘all hands on deck processing’ case was Sara. It would have been nice to see her as part of the team and all working as one again.

- It was great to see how far Greg has progressed as a CSI. This is one episode that really allowed that to stand out.

- It was great to finally have an episode where much of the time was spent at the scenes instead of in the dark lab or morgue.

- I was quite disappointed at the lack of Marg/AnnMargret scenes. They really wasted a chance to have these two actresses facing off again. Guess I’ll have to go back & watch Happy Face Murders again to get my M/A-M fix!

- I’m a bit disappointed that there was a sex shop, but no Lady Heather reference. But it was nice to see Nick a bit uncomfortable in those places again. Cath really knew how to play him in that scene.

- It was also nice to see Larry Sullivan again as Officer Akers. Even though it was still a small part, he got in a line or two!

- Ray sure took a long time to solve that Ian Moone anagram. I figured it out as soon as Cath said it in the sex shop.

- Sqweegel might be an interesting criminal, and it would be nice to see him back again (not on a regular basis), but it’s not going to make me read the Level 26 book that’s supposed to be the continuation. Sorry, Anthony Zuiker. Your cross-promotion attempt isn’t working on me.

- Sqweegel with the heterochromia reminded me of Lady Heather’s daughter, who had the same thing.

my full review can be found here

I initially had doubts about this episode, but I ended up loving it. It had just enough of the creepy factor. :scream: Mr Elastic, Stretch Armstrong (Sqweegel) was intriguing. It was beyond creepy how he contorted his body.

I know this is a stupid question, but will ask it nonetheless...Will Sqweegel return in a later episode, or do we have to follow the story via Zuiker's next volume? (It's in his next volume, right? I hate marketing ploys...just tell us already.)

Anyway, I enjoyed the show tonight, it sure as hell beat out the Grey's ep tonight. Yes, I'm one of those people who watches Grey's in real-time, and DVR's CSI....Sorry! Next week's CSI ep looks interesting, I think I'll DVR Grey's, and watch CSI in real-time. (Grey's has become such a soap-opera. Now I know why the networks are canceling daytime soaps...they're using the storylines in primetime.) :lol:

Last edited:
I thought it was a pretty decent episode.

To be honest, while I found Sqweegel to be creepy and disturbing, I also thought he was kinda distracting. When Margot fell out of the attic and the dude's hanging down through the door like a spider, did he need to be twitching his fingers and wrists all over the place? And the way he walks... seems kind of ineffective. Guy really can't get anywhere fast if he's focused on going all arachnid. :lol:

LOVED the screen time! Everyone had something to do throughout the whole episode. That's what we need in more episodes. But next with Jorja involved.

Also loved the continuity. Referencing "Stalker" was great. I would have been mad if they hadn't given that's the first thing I though of when Greg found the spy holes. And Nick's casual brushoff of the comparison was perfect. So Nick. And another Papa Olaf story! YES!!

And I loved how everyone exchanged looks when Ray got all school teacher on them. They were thinking what I was thinking: :wtf:.

And the sex shop was interesting. Catherine messing with Nick was perfect. But the employee dude kinda annoyed me. He seemed a little too helpful. Probably wants to get in Cath's pants...

So basically, I thought it was a really good episode. We need more like this. :)

Last edited:
Back