Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading all of this, and wanted to throw in my two cents for what it's worth.

CSI: Miami is th only show I watch in which I love all the cherictors, I like them all, there all different, and crazy, and fun.

and yeah critics may say the show is a joke, but people watch it, I never listen to critics, on movies, shows, books, becouse i like what they seem to hate, a fun show that removes you from the real world for at least an hour every week.

the show is like an action movie every single week (I think David or Adma actully said that), it's crazy, and yeah some times H's lines get cheesy, or some unbelievable thing happens, but hey, it's fun.

the actors on the show are amazing, they take what tptb give them and they make it work, some how they can do it, becouse I agree some times what they have them do is silly, but it works, it wouldn't be CSI: Miami with out it.

and I wish every cherictor got a story line, tptb could take one thing from "Lost" (only one though, becouse that show annoys me) they could give each cheritor an episode every week, let us see them more deeply, figure out some more stuff about them.

and if you noticed, the people the storys center around are usally Haratio, Eric and Calleigh, the only three original main cherictors to last all 8 seasons, and have bben there since the very first episode (unless Frank has been there, I'm not sure).

so yeah it can get stupid sometimes, and I love E/C, but i think if they push them to the back a little tptb can't mess with them to much, and they'll stay together :)

well that is all I have to say... for now ;)

SMW

I'm not sure if I should bring this up, but their might be a rise in the EC romance, but guys knew that already, if TPTB give Emily a chance to be pregnant in real life and in the show. I'm one of the very few people who like this, but, I know, I sense an uproar over this new idea, if it comes true. But I really hope it's not as bad as the uproar that surfaces before the airing of sink or swim. That was the craziest I've ever seen this board get, I mean hectic. People celebrating and people hating...it wasn't a nice mixture. Lol.

I agree that TPTB shouldn't centre the show on the H, Eric and Cal only and though I hate to say it, :( EC shouldn't rule or be in alot of episodes. It should be however on the sideline like someone said, and brought up from time to time.

CSI: Miami is th only show I watch in which I love all the cherictors, I like them all, there all different, and crazy, and fun.

IMO I think Miami's characters are more interesting than NY's (Mac and Stella are the only ones that I find appealing there) but I think Vegas has some good characters.

and yeah critics may say the show is a joke, but people watch it, I never listen to critics, on movies, shows, books, becouse i like what they seem to hate, a fun show that removes you from the real world for at least an hour every week.

the show is like an action movie every single week (I think David or Adma actully said that), it's crazy, and yeah some times H's lines get cheesy, or some unbelievable thing happens, but hey, it's fun.

This is pretty much the reason why I enjoy watching the A-Team. However I guess the difference is that A-Team never takes itself too seriously but Miami does at times but in the end it's all good.

and if you noticed, the people the storys center around are usally Haratio, Eric and Calleigh, the only three original main cherictors to last all 8 seasons, and have bben there since the very first episode (unless Frank has been there, I'm not sure).

I think Frank checked in around the 17th ep I think though I could be wrong. Any takers?

sweet an officer frm hollywood thats going to be interestingg. im glad that adam isnt going anywhere. hes always been one of my favorites i hope he stays on as long as naturally possible.

i heard that eric goes into a coma and has a flashback frm his first case in 97 but im sure he comes out of it. if not :p to the writters. lol justjoking

I don't care much if Horatio lines are cheesy or not,but the cases need to be more believable.I watch a lot similar shows(Vegas,NY,criminal minds) and this is the one that is less accurate compared to the rest.If the case if good,I would not have to rely in my E/C fix to decide if I am going to watch or not to put an exemple.And even if it's an episode centered on someone that I don't care like Natalia,I will still watch it.In the first 3 seasons they gave the show a unique tone while still making sense.But I do think a lot of things improved in season 7 and that's why I have hope that they will do right in the first episode.Of course,Eric having amnesia would be too much.

Thanks for the spoilers again,delkolover:thumbsup:

Yeah, Adam had better not go any where, niether should jon for that matter... or any one, everyone can stay, but not Jake... or Ron, they can leave *LOL*

and yes Eric does go into a coma, and I hope they bring him out of it by the time the episodes over, then I'll be happy, if have to wait another week to see if he's alright...

CSI: Miami rocks! and I too loved the A-Team, that show was cool, I can actully emagine Haratio Caine putting his sunglasses on and saying: "I love it when a plan comes together" that would be cool :)

And Eric would be Murdock (yeah i know he could also be Face, but that would be way to obviouse ;)

and Ryan would be Face

and Calleigh would be B.A....

yes of course I love Nick and Eric from CSI: LV, I was watching them before I knew Eric and Ryan were there...

I'm really hoping they'll just have the couple kinda fade into the background so that we can assume they're quietly, happily, drama-free together. A nice smile, or a flirty comment once in a while is great, but no big dramafests and whatnot.
I just don't think that will happen on this type of show, that's the problem, imo. It still remains a storyline, whether it's in the background or not, & I can't see tptb just letting them sit like happy little campers blending into the background. IMO, they will have to break them up (temporarily or permantly) to allow the other storylines to roll in, or else they'll just be the focus again for the season & have all the drama. To me, there isn't any other way around it, because I just don't see Miami having a normal quiet relationship with nothing for them to play on.

Agreed. Sadly, the focus will never leave the relationship with it still in play. It's just how the dynamics work. Even if they never mention the relationship again, as long as people know it exists, they'll always keep their eyes on it, and thus it will always be an ongoing storyline. Everything Eric or Calleigh do and everything that happens will circle back to the relationship. "How will that affect them? When will we get another bathroom scene? Will they have kids? Will either of them quit because the relationship is weigh on them?" Etc etc. a relationship in a show such as CSI: Miami is essentially a pinata.

I'm really hoping they'll just have the couple kinda fade into the background so that we can assume they're quietly, happily, drama-free together. A nice smile, or a flirty comment once in a while is great, but no big dramafests and whatnot.
I just don't think that will happen on this type of show, that's the problem, imo. It still remains a storyline, whether it's in the background or not, & I can't see tptb just letting them sit like happy little campers blending into the background. IMO, they will have to break them up (temporarily or permantly) to allow the other storylines to roll in, or else they'll just be the focus again for the season & have all the drama. To me, there isn't any other way around it, because I just don't see Miami having a normal quiet relationship with nothing for them to play on.

Agreed. Sadly, the focus will never leave the relationship with it still in play. It's just how the dynamics work. Even if they never mention the relationship again, as long as people know it exists, they'll always keep their eyes on it, and thus it will always be an ongoing storyline. Everything Eric or Calleigh do and everything that happens will circle back to the relationship. "How will that affect them? When will we get another bathroom scene? Will they have kids? Will either of them quit because the relationship is weigh on them?" Etc etc. a relationship in a show such as CSI: Miami is essentially a pinata.

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying. I have my doubts as well, but I want them to be proven wrong. I'm just going to hope for the best and pray they switch it up a little.

People have been saying that CSI:Miami is a joke for a long time - for a number of reasons.

The problem is that it is one of the most watched shows in the world. So until the rating begin to suffer, TPTB aren't going to give a rats ass if people think the show is considered a joke or lacking in quality. They're making money and that's all they care about.

Most of the storylines since season 3 have been horrible - whoever is responsible for them. But people are still watching in droves. So, what does that tell TPTB? - that the crap they're selling is what people want to watch.

I think some people, myself included, kind of like the slightly "ridiculous" element of the show. It's something different than the usual, generally more realistic law enforcement dramas on TV today. I find the sunglasses and the one-liners amusing rather than annoying, and I kind of like the ridiculous stories- I loved Clavo Cruz, and while I'm not a fan of gory horror movies, I thought the "death by wood chipper" in "Chip/Tuck" idea was awesome. It was different than your usual strangling/gunshot/drowning/etc. death. Maybe in Season 8 they'll take a page from Claude François and have someone die from being electrocuted while changing a lightbulb in a bathroom...and discover that it wasn't a freak accident, but a murder...

Well, maybe that's a bit reaching. But you get my point.

Even though I like some of the "ridiculous" element, I do agree that I miss some of the characters as they were in the first few seasons. What I miss most is the sense of an actual team. EVERYONE used to work together, and EVERYONE got a chance to be partnered up, or were part of a trio, with everyone else. And it doesn't feel like that anymore. I like the E/C romance, and I like when the two are working together, but they don't need to be partners all the time. And H and Calleigh...uh, hello? Are they even aware that the other exists? I thought Eric and Ryan got over their differences back in Season 4. The Calleigh/Natalia mentorship I saw in the Season 5 premiere...never continued. It would've been a nice element for the show. Natalia and Eric never working together...why? They don't have a hostile relationship, and despite their brief romantic interlude, they've already shown that they're mature adults who can be perfectly friendly and work well together.

And I refuse to blame the actors for storylines.

They're the easy target. CSI:Miami needs new writers - desperately. Writers who will take the time to really get to know the characters and where they come from before they try to write for them. Writers who love this show and the characters as much as we do.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I agree! They are NOT in control of the stories- the producers and writers are. While they can suggest minor changes in the script, or delivery of lines, they aren't the supreme rulers of the show. And if any of them feel they simply cannot go along with a plot/direction/etc. of the show, they are free to leave at the end of their contract. With the possible exception of Horatio, I think any one of the other characters could leave and the show would still go on. There might be some viewership loss, but I don't think it would be devastating.

I don't think the CSI:Miami writers are bad writers, they're just not good for the kind of writing needed for the show.

Comic books aren't literature. They have never been

They may not be Shakespeare but that doesn't mean they can't be loved and enjoyed by people (Like me:) )

Actually, comic books are a lot of times referred to as "graphic novels" now. A lot of them aren't considered "comic" anymore and they garner a significant amount of respect for both visual and narrative content.

This is true. While they may not be of the same caliber as Tennessee Williams, Ernest Hemingway, etc. they are no longer considered junk. I took a required English class at college this summer, and the professor had us read two graphic novels (Persepolis, and Persepolis 2, if anyone's interested. I highly recommend them both! The first one is a child's perspective of the Iranian revolution, and the second is more about her adolescence and young adulthood, and how she comes into her own).

Last edited:
You know what I just remembered? Horatio wasn't a homicide detective before he became the boss of CSI, he was in a bomb squad... Well, just one more thing writers will change... I really thing a flashback episode is a nice idea, but producers and writers should have had a homework during summer vacation to watch all the episodes and somehow fit flashbacks into what we already know.

I think if they have Natalia working at the FBI that's very reasonable and all, but as far as Ryan goes... him having met Calleigh (before taking her class) is far fetched... especially given that he didn't remember meeting her in 97. :lol: I know people meet a lot of people, but this is Calleigh, come on! What guy is seriously going to forget meeting someone like her? Especially when they (years later) start working at the same lab where they first saw her all those years before and she's still there. :lol: I mean, at some point he'd have to at least go, "oh hey, I remember when I was younger and took a tour of this place. I met you briefly, Calleigh. Remember, I got lost from my group and asked directions and you said you didn't know because you were new?" :lol:

That is why having him meet Speedle makes more sense. I know this sounds horrible, one doesn't have to worry about the whole "how is it possible why he/she doesn't remember the other" because Speedle is no longer there.

Okay, Eric was born in Cuba andddddd Ryan was made in a petrie dish in a secret underground lab! :guffaw: I just don't know anymore!

Or dropped off on earth from the mothership:lol: (I think I like you explanation better Wasabi:):guffaw:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delynn
And I refuse to blame the actors for storylines.

They're the easy target. CSI:Miami needs new writers - desperately. Writers who will take the time to really get to know the characters and where they come from before they try to write for them. Writers who love this show and the characters as much as we do.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I agree! They are NOT in control of the stories- the producers and writers are. While they can suggest minor changes in the script, or delivery of lines, they aren't the supreme rulers of the show. And if any of them feel they simply cannot go along with a plot/direction/etc. of the show, they are free to leave at the end of their contract. With the possible exception of Horatio, I think any one of the other characters could leave and the show would still go on. There might be some viewership loss, but I don't think it would be devastating.

I too concur. The actors do the best with what material is presented to them. It is not their fault if the writers won't write quality stories for them or any stories at all., and put all their emphasis on a couple of characters. CSIM has very talented actors on it, and good stories can be written for them if the writers wanted to.
Even though I like some of the "ridiculous" element, I do agree that I miss some of the characters as they were in the first few seasons. What I miss most is the sense of an actual team. EVERYONE used to work together, and EVERYONE got a chance to be partnered up, or were part of a trio, with everyone else. And it doesn't feel like that anymore. I like the E/C romance, and I like when the two are working together, but they don't need to be partners all the time. And H and Calleigh...uh, hello? Are they even aware that the other exists? I thought Eric and Ryan got over their differences back in Season 4. The Calleigh/Natalia mentorship I saw in the Season 5 premiere...never continued. It would've been a nice element for the show. Natalia and Eric never working together...why?

This is the main reason why E/C relationship needs to conclude. Then we can get back to the whole team working with each other and the focus being on the "team" a concept which seems to have been missing in the last few seasons. Wasabi is right; the emphasis will never be on the team as long as everything that happens circles back to their relationship and how that is effected. Ivan S in And Their Offed was right when he told H his team was falling apart. Unfortunately, it has been that way long before Ivan made the observation.

^ I feel divisions in the team. Eric and Cal stay primarily together and are seamed together by their romance, then there's Horatio who ducks in and out with everyone, then Ryan, Natalia, Frank and Kyle seem to be out there scattered around.

I think Ryan and Natalia need to work a case together again. I need to be reminded of how good of friends they are. :] Haha~

---

Sadly, if the E/C romance saga continues beyond the premier, I'll have to throw down CSI Miami in my ranking system. I'm sorry, but I am just annoyed by the relationship amongst other things.

---

On the comic book note, yeah, graphic novels as they are called now are gaining much respect and popularity nowadays! They are not traditional literature but they are still the basis of many movies and TV shows. Superman, spiderman, the hulk, etc etc! They have done what ordinary literature has done, and more. Sorry, had to add in. Going into college to major in comic art ^_^

Last edited:
I just decided I'm not even going to try and figure out what is going to happen with this flashback storyline, it's too exhausting :). All I care about is how it relates to the present story which is Eric being in a coma. Surely the writers will somehow bring it all together, I mean CSI miami storylines are less believable than Vegas and NY but somehow they will have to bring this all together by the end of the episode I would think.

I just decided I'm not even going to try and figure out what is going to happen with this flashback storyline, it's too exhausting :). All I care about is how it relates to the present story which is Eric being in a coma. Surely the writers will somehow bring it all together, I mean CSI miami storylines are less believable than Vegas and NY but somehow they will have to bring this all together by the end of the episode I would think.

I agree. At the moment, just thinking about this makes it sound like a trainwreck but in the end it might just be a lot better than it seems.

Still even if the script is bad, a good director might just play around and make it come off a little better

A lot of people have mentioned Frank. I can't see him holding vigil like the others but he'll be on the field trying to find out what happened to Eric. However I can see him checking in to see how he's doing and perhaps lifting his spirits with a good ol Trippism:)

nicksarafan2 Good to see another A-Team fan here. If my writing skills were any good, I'd be writing a A-Team/CSI Miami crossover this very moment. I can imagine Hannibal telling Horatio that he's got a good team

Just had a spoiler update on twitter -- it seems as though they're casting for an intelligent female FBI agent and DNA expert that Horatio knew from Quantico (paraphrasing). It seems as though she helps with the case.

Does this mean Natalia won't be in the '97 case I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back