Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Calleigh did meet Ryan 12 years ago. They are saying that Ryan is supposed to be chubbier back then and maybe because Calleigh was so frazzled her first day on the job in Miami she didn't actually take the time to look at Ryan's name tag. People change a lot in 7 years
Especially in the age group that they'll be in at that time. Appearances change drastically, as do thier bodies. Especially with males, they "blossom" much later than females do. At my age now, 35, I've come across alot of people I went to highschool with & I can barely recognize them or put the names with faces, & that was spending nearly everyday together at school with them. It just happens.

As for Natalia, maybe she didn't go by Boa Vista back then, maybe she was using Nick's last name (I forget what it is). So if Speed is the one that knows her (which I am still hoping he will be in the episode) then I can see it making sense as to why he would be the one calling in the favor.
If she was married at the time, which I'm thinking that she wasn't, it would've been 'Townshend', but I still don't think her name being changed would have anything to do with them not being able to recognize her now.
Speedle is one thing, since he died before she arrived in S4, so her meeting him at one time is possible (though confusing as to why she wouldn't have ever mentioned it to anyone, especially Eric).
Horatio is another story cause I don't think a person like him, or at his age in '97', would forget a face or name, even if the last name was different. I simply don't buy that, unless there's more to that story that will unravel later in the season to make it suddenly make sense, which I do hope for.
I will not buy it if she interacts with Calleigh or Ryan though - there was full introduction on thier parts in S4, & no way to imagine that they'd have met prior to that time.

But in the end it is the fans that make this show popular, not the critics.
And that's true, but I'm sure tptb wouldn't want the critics dogging them either way. It can still hurt the show, & also hurt the ratings. Some people can be influenced by critics' words, & if that person hears constantly what a joke it is, then they probably won't bother tuning in, & if they do, then it's likely that they'll pick it apart thinking about what other people have said about the show.
It may not damage the fanbase they have now, the show itself could do that on it's own, alot of us are losing interest as it is, but critics' words won't exactly be helpful in drawing in new viewers, which in the longrun can still hurt the show & it's ratings.

Last edited:
Alright so this is what I was thinking...

Maybe Calleigh did meet Ryan 12 years ago. They are saying that Ryan is supposed to be chubbier back then and maybe because Calleigh was so frazzled her first day on the job in Miami she didn't actually take the time to look at Ryan's name tag. People change a lot in 7 years so it could be very possible that Calleigh would not have recognized Ryan when he was assigned to her fathers case. And if you remember Ryan told Calleigh once that he took a class with her being the instructor and she didnt remember him from then either. Even with a photographic memory, you can't always expect to remember every single person you come in contact with.

I'm not disputing Calleigh not remembering Ryan because of the obvious differences from teen to adult in appearance. But it strikes me as odd that Ryan wouldn't remember Calleigh in some way. :lol:

I think that when Eric gave him the sunglasses is when he became superman....:lol:

:guffaw: That's possible.

You know what guys? I think you should stop worrying about how the premiere might turn out, cause I have a strong feeling that most of that script (that we've read) is gonna change, as in its detail. Doesn't it usually? (that's what i think)

Miami always finds a way to pull off the story and I hope, really HOPE they pull of this episode, because if they don't, it's gonna be a crappy start. I wonder what they have in store for the second episode of the season.:rolleyes:

Speedle is one thing, since he died before she arrived in S4, so her meeting him at one time is possible (though confusing as to why she wouldn't have ever mentioned it to anyone, especially Eric).
Horatio is another story cause I don't think a person like him, or at his age in '97', would forget a face or name, even if the last name was different. I simply don't buy that, unless there's more to that story that will unravel later in the season to make it suddenly make sense, which I do hope for.
I will not buy it if she interacts with Calleigh or Ryan though - there was full introduction on thier parts in S4, & no way to imagine that they'd have met prior to that time.

True, but maybe she did mention it to Eric and we never got to hear about it...which could be very possible.

I agree with you mjszud, I would not buy it either if she interacted with Calleigh and then in season 4 we get the formal introduction.

^ I agree, C.H.E.A.R.
I'm still hoping they wrap up the E/C story line and move on, and that they throw a bone to some of the other characters who have been scrounging around for scraps. Do I think they will? No. But this is a new season, and I'll give it a renewed chance. I'll also give tptb credit for trying to throw us a bit fo a curve ball.

^ I agree, C.H.E.A.R.
I'm still hoping they wrap up the E/C story line and move on, and that they throw a bone to some of the other characters who have been scrounging around for scraps. Do I think they will? No. But this is a new season, and I'll give it a renewed chance. I'll also give tptb credit for trying to throw us a bit fo a curve ball.

If by "wrap up" you meant "push to the background," I agree. I love E/C, but E/C drama is getting old. After they resolve their issues in the season premiere (and if drags out longer than that, I will NOT be happy. It's CSI:Miami, not CSI:Eric and Calleigh), I'm really hoping they'll just have the couple kinda fade into the background so that we can assume they're quietly, happily, drama-free together. A nice smile, or a flirty comment once in a while is great, but no big dramafests and whatnot.

And I want them to throw LOTS of bones to Natalia, Ryan, and my dear Francis. I'm trying to stay positive by assuming that they are the ones who are going to get the big stories. And if they let me down...afkdls. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I'm really hoping they'll just have the couple kinda fade into the background so that we can assume they're quietly, happily, drama-free together. A nice smile, or a flirty comment once in a while is great, but no big dramafests and whatnot.
I just don't think that will happen on this type of show, that's the problem, imo. It still remains a storyline, whether it's in the background or not, & I can't see tptb just letting them sit like happy little campers blending into the background. IMO, they will have to break them up (temporarily or permantly) to allow the other storylines to roll in, or else they'll just be the focus again for the season & have all the drama. To me, there isn't any other way around it, because I just don't see Miami having a normal quiet relationship with nothing for them to play on.

And that's true, but I'm sure tptb wouldn't want the critics dogging them either way. It can still hurt the show, & also hurt the ratings. Some people can be influenced by critics' words, & if that person hears constantly what a joke it is, then they probably won't bother tuning in, & if they do, then it's likely that they'll pick it apart thinking about what other people have said about the show.
It may not damage the fanbase they have now, the show itself could do that on it's own, alot of us are losing interest as it is, but critics' words won't exactly be helpful in drawing in new viewers, which in the longrun can still hurt the show & it's ratings.

People have been saying that CSI:Miami is a joke for a long time - for a number of reasons.

The problem is that it is one of the most watched shows in the world. So until the rating begin to suffer, TPTB aren't going to give a rats ass if people think the show is considered a joke or lacking in quality. They're making money and that's all they care about.

Most of the storylines since season 3 have been horrible - whoever is responsible for them. But people are still watching in droves. So, what does that tell TPTB? - that the crap they're selling is what people want to watch.

I also realize that people are most vocal in blaming Horatio/Caruso. I agree that character is very over-the-top a lot of the time. I personally don't like Super H at all and would be thrilled to see the Horatio of season 1-3 return.

But I saw hints of the old Horatio in season 7 and I'm hoping that we'll see not only that character but others who have been horribly damaged in the last couple of seasons, start to find their way back to themselves.

In the end I think most of us are still hanging in there because we remember they way these character used to be. We remember the characters we love so much and we're hoping if we keep hanging in there they'll come back to us.

And I refuse to blame the actors for storylines.

They're the easy target. CSI:Miami needs new writers - desperately. Writers who will take the time to really get to know the characters and where they come from before they try to write for them. Writers who love this show and the characters as much as we do.

Comic books aren't literature. They have never been

They may not be Shakespeare but that doesn't mean they can't be loved and enjoyed by people (Like me:) )

Actually, comic books are a lot of times referred to as "graphic novels" now. A lot of them aren't considered "comic" anymore and they garner a significant amount of respect for both visual and narrative content.

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG! :drool: Woop reading that Eddie is joining Miami has just been the highlight of my day! :bolian: I have been in love with this man since the early Sunset Beach days and then followed him right through the Third Watch days. Still pining away for TW!

Hmmm...Just wondering if Eddie could be a new love interest for Natalia? They have the chemistry, I'm sure, since the days their characters Jimmy and Brooke were married in Third Watch. :shifty:

I was recently watching some of the very first episodes of csi miami and i just realized that megan donner was working at the crime lab even before the series started as well. so do you think that the writers totally forgot about her or was she just not there in 1997?

I was recently watching some of the very first episodes of csi miami and i just realized that megan donner was working at the crime lab even before the series started as well. so do you think that the writers totally forgot about her or was she just not there in 1997?

That is true and she was the boss long before Horatio came along. I'm assuming H played the role that Sevilla, Bernstein and Tripp play now before he took over as the captain of the CSI Miami team.

Actually, comic books are a lot of times referred to as "graphic novels" now. A lot of them aren't considered "comic" anymore and they garner a significant amount of respect for both visual and narrative content.

Agreed....

Ann Donahue said in that interview that they didn't ask Kim Delaney to participate in the episode, but that they might mention that Megan is in Tallahassee.

Hmmm...Just wondering if Eddie could be a new love interest for Natalia? They have the chemistry, I'm sure, since the days their characters Jimmy and Brooke were married in Third Watch. :shifty:

I didn't know Eva was on Third Watch. :lol: But, I honestly hope they don't put the new character in a romantic relationship with anyone on the show. :lol:

I didn't know Eva was on Third Watch. :lol: But, I honestly hope they don't put the new character in a romantic relationship with anyone on the show. :lol:

I knew Eva was on Third Watch, but please, dear God, no more romance on CSI:Miami! :rolleyes: I'm truly and sincerely begging.

The writers on this show struggle to write for any convincing human relationship - especially for romantic relationships.

Let's get back to the science and the victims as the priority and leave the romance to the shows that were designed and conceived for that purpose - and as a result do it so much better. ;)

Ann Donahue said in that interview that they didn't ask Kim Delaney to participate in the episode, but that they might mention that Megan is in Tallahassee.

I really wasn't a huge fan of Megan Donner (though I am of Kim Delaney), but I believe that her character served a purpose and if they are going to do a flashback about how the Crime Lab came to be her character deserves to be included. It's another case of hoping the fans will just go with whatever they throw at us and forget everything else we known.

Like her or not, I think Megan provided a necessary balance on the show. She was always the first one that insisted Horatio back up his theories with hard evidence. No character on the show since Megan has had the balls to stand up and counsel restraint when Horatio's instinct gets too far away from proper procedure and the science.

Yep, I definitely think she served an important purpose and if they were going to get rid of her they should have provided someone else to keep the delicate balance on the show in check.

Last edited:
In the end I think most of us are still hanging in there because we remember they way these character used to be. We remember the characters we love so much and we're hoping if we keep hanging in there they'll come back to us.

And I refuse to blame the actors for storylines.

They're the easy target. CSI:Miami needs new writers - desperately. Writers who will take the time to really get to know the characters and where they come from before they try to write for them. Writers who love this show and the characters as much as we do.
True,it's why I hang in there,and I keep hoping better stories will come along for Ryan ,Natalia and Frank.
In addition to new writers, Miami needs TPTB (producers,etc) to insist the the writers get to know the characters and not to remake them for the sake of a story.

I'm really hoping they'll just have the couple kinda fade into the background so that we can assume they're quietly, happily, drama-free together. A nice smile, or a flirty comment once in a while is great, but no big dramafests and whatnot.
I just don't think that will happen on this type of show, that's the problem, imo. It still remains a storyline, whether it's in the background or not, & I can't see tptb just letting them sit like happy little campers blending into the background. IMO, they will have to break them up (temporarily or permantly) to allow the other storylines to roll in, or else they'll just be the focus again for the season & have all the drama. To me, there isn't any other way around it, because I just don't see Miami having a normal quiet relationship with nothing for them to play on.
Agreed. I believe fans of the other characters are becoming a little more vocal so in time something will have to be done to allow Natalia ,Ryan and Frank more stories and airtime. I kind of believe that's why we have 8.01 with some unbelievable meeting of characters,the writers are trying to include characters in the flashback that have been neglected too long.They don't want ,or are trying to avoid further upsetting fans.(hope that makes sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back