Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ask me, not shooting McKeen shows what kind of person Nick is. Despite everything McKeen said to Nick, he still didn't shoot him. Sara, probably would have.

And we have no idea if he hit someone from the mob or not (or Sara for that matter). It was never shown. Besides shooting a moving target is not easy.

As for him almost shooting himself, while being buried alive? What would you have done if you were in that situation? I think it speaks volumes of Nick to endure that, for as many hours he did. He lived through the worst nightmare anyone could have.

Oh and let's not forget how Nick didn't 'runaway' after ALL the things that have happened to him. Hmmmm, who do I know that 'ran away' when something happened to her?

Oh, never mind. It's not worth it. :rolleyes: Same old, same old....

I would think that Ecklie OK'd Langston, and qualified him to carry a gun, it doesn't show every little bit a piece of everything that happens. And he was a serial killer profiler, so maybe he passed some examine in that job, that allowed him to carry a gun. If one works anywhere in Vegas, where they sell liquor you have to have a TAM alcohol card issued from Nevada. So, the rules in Nevada may vary on carrying a gun as well~.

Also, if I remember correctly, Catherine has shot two people. Goggle and someone else.

I know in the books, Catherine has shot at least two people, and on the show, she shot Goggle. Last year during the training course on No Way Out, she "shot" the trainer. I wouldn't mess with a fiery redhead! :lol:

Also, if I remember correctly, Catherine has shot two people. Goggle and someone else.

I know in the books, Catherine has shot at least two people, and on the show, she shot Goggle. Last year during the training course on No Way Out, she "shot" the trainer. I wouldn't mess with a fiery redhead! :lol:

Yeah, her of all people I could see shooting someone else. Its just her personality. I really hope they have an episode in the near future where nick is forced to shoot someone and it centers around that. Also, why in the world doesn't langston carry a gun anymore?! Wouldnt you think that after shooting someone you'd feel like that could happen again? Who knows right?

Oh and let's not forget how Nick didn't 'runaway' after ALL the things that have happened to him. Hmmmm, who do I know that 'ran away' when something happened to her?

To play devil's advocate, Sara was burnt out and had a rather dysfunctional past. Nick grew up surrounded by people who loved him and although he had one incident (his babysitter), for the most part he grew up normal. Our past does contribute to how we turn out as people and we all deal with life differently. Running away doesn't make us weak or cowards, just different. I think Sara felt it was better for her to leave because the added stress of worrying Grissom on top of healing from her past was too much to deal with.

The actress was also burned out, so she needed time off.

The character of Sara has probalby bothered me more than the others and I never liked GSR, but the whole issue of burnout and trauma was played out well by Jorja.

I can understand, as well, why Sara chose to leave.

As for Nick shooting someone, there was a spoiler last season he was about him killing someone, but it never panned out. It'd be interesting to see how he would deal with it though.

Last edited:
As for Nick shooting someone, there was a spoiler last season he was about him killing someone, but it never panned out. It'd be interesting to see how he would deal with it though.

Was that going to be an actual episode? I remember the rumor and the title "Stokes on Duty" but just figured it was one of those false episode that pop-up every now and again on rumor sites.

Was that going to be an actual episode? I remember the rumor and the title "Stokes on Duty" but just figured it was one of those false episode that pop-up every now and again on rumor sites.

Or it might have been an idea they had which subsequently had to be scrapped because of George's back problems - though the episode title suggests "fake episode" more than anything else.

Or it might have been an idea they had which subsequently had to be scrapped because of George's back problems - though the episode title suggests "fake episode" more than anything else.

Yeah, but then again, I'm getting the same vibe from "The Panty Sniffer". shudders

I had read it was a spoiler, than read it was a fake spoiler. So who knows-both of you might be right..:thumbsup:

Yeah, but then again, I'm getting the same vibe from "The Panty Sniffer". shudders

I'm both with you and not on that. On the one hand, ye gads. On the other hand, though, it does sorta fit the style of a CSI episode title in a way that "Stokes on Duty" doesn't.

I disagree that "Stokes On Duty" doesn't fit CSI ep titles. They've had Catherine and Grissom's names in ep titles before (Weeping Willows, What's Eating Gilbert Grissom and I think there was another one with Cath's name in the title), so it's not out of the realm of possibilities for the "Stokes On Duty" title to have been an actual ep title plan from the writers. I agree that it was probably scrapped due to George's back problems. But I do think some of the info for the episode description itself was false. I think maybe someone finds out some of the titles and makes up the info for the ep based on the titles. :lol:

I disagree that "Stokes On Duty" doesn't fit CSI ep titles. They've had Catherine and Grissom's names in ep titles before (Weeping Willows, What's Eating Gilbert Grissom and I think there was another one with Cath's name in the title), so it's not out of the realm of possibilities for the "Stokes On Duty" title to have been an actual ep title plan from the writers. I agree that it was probably scrapped due to George's back problems. But I do think some of the info for the episode description itself was false. I think maybe someone finds out some of the titles and makes up the info for the ep based on the titles. :lol:

There was also "The Execution of Catherine Willows", "Hollywood Brass", "Grissom's Divine Comedy" and "For Warrick", although that last one probably doesn't apply.

Thing is though, all the name episode titles (Grissom's Divine Comedy and The Execution of Catherine Willows are the two you missed :)) are actually quite clever or punny and Stokes on Duty just...isn't. It sounds like a particularly bad 1930s Girls (or Boys) Own adventure, possibly with lashings of ginger beer and probably involving all sorts of jolly japes and probably some sort of highly improbable but dashed exciting adventure - push it into the 40s and there's probably Nazis in there, too.

Okay. Now I'm scaring myself.

ETA I guess, what I have the problem with is less the name and more the "on duty"

Last edited:
I thought Dustin Lee Abraham wrote this episode?

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES AN ATTEMPTED MURDER AT A RASCAL FLATTS CONCERT, ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, MARCH 4

Country Music Sensation Rascal Flatts Guest Star as Themselves
Actor Will Patton ("24") Guest Stars as CIA Associate Director Craig Halliday

"Unshockable" - When a band member of Rascal Flatts is electrocuted by his own guitar during a concert, the CSI team investigates if it was a case of foul play, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Thursday, March 4 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Country music sensation Rascal Flatts guest star as themselves. Actor Will Patton ("24") guest stars as CIA Associate Director Craig Halliday.

RECURRING:
Sara Sidle......................................... Jorja Fox
Archie Johnson.............................. Archie Kao
Henry Andrews............................. Jon Wellner

GUEST CAST:
CIA Associate Director Craig Halliday.......................... Will Patton
Gary Levox................................. Gary Vernon
Jay DeMarcus..................... Stanley DeMarcus
Joedon Rooney........................ Joedon Rooney
Officer Mitchell.......................... Larry Mitchell
Travis Murray............................. Brent Briscoe
Buddy Mills..................................... Alan Ruck