Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Our Favorite Dust Monkey

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of like "A different kind of hero" for a thread title. :D

Ryan is all kinds of heroic. It takes guts to adamantly say to a big dude whose got you duct taped to a chair and is holding a pair of nasty pliers and works for the Mafia that "I'm not telling you anything" and "go to hell". most people would see those pliers, freak out and say "okay I give. I'll tell you whatever you want or do whatever you want, just please keep those things away from me!" But Ryan didn't do that. He held on through what was probably hours of torture and didn't concede until they threatened Billy. And then grabbing Kyle and pulling him out of the way of the blast with no consequences to himself... again, very brave.

I like that too; it really fits especially for this season.

Not only did he defy his Russian captor until they threatened Billy, but he had the presence of mind to rub the surface of where he was being held into his shirt for later trace. Not too many of us would do that. I think it was brave to simply clean himself up and go into work even though he had to. He also could have destroyed the evidence but he held it for later. As he told H he just DELAYED the investigation. And for saving Kyle, he could have just thought of himself. And then he took the time to calm Kyle down afterwards. A good cop, and a good kind caring guy. And great acting by JT:thumbsup:

Wow! It took me forever to get caught up in here!!! I hadn't checked in awhile and was back at page 5. I think it took me a week to get caught up. :guffaw:

Anyways - welcome to all the newbies! Always nice to have new posters!
Kristine - thanks for all the yummy caps! :drool:

I can't believe we are at a new thread already! You all have been busy posting!

I agree, Ryan is definitely a hero. Orla- dont listen to those who claim otherwise.
I was also surprised when I saw in forums how many people loved Ryan, but then again I cant see how anyone could not love Ryan! :)

I think we should include all the new thread suggestions in the next poll, I like having a bigger choice. 'A different kind of hero' is a very fitting suggestion. And Holly- I respect the fishy! - your suggestion should def. go into the mix too.

Oh, just seen the last post. Welcome back CSI Kat!

I dunno, I find it annoying how people who liked Speed hate Ryan because he replaced him, (even if not technically he did take his place on the show) and I would find it annoying even if it was a different character who replaced a different character. If Ryan died, or if Jonathan wanted to leave the show and they wrote him out whatever way, and some new guy/girl replaced him I wouldn't hate them. Sure they wouldn't be Ryan but it's not their fault he left. :rolleyes: *sigh*

I agree with you, luf100. I adored Speed and still do. But I really liked Ryan when they first introduced him. He was so eager and so young. :) I never resented him in any way for coming in after Speed was gone. Ryan hit the ground running and he did a great job. He messed up a couple of times, sure. But it's not like some gave him much slack from the start. Just when you thought he was really starting to find his place, something would happen to make him an outsider again. Seems to be a running theme - Ryan as the loner/outsider.

I've always liked how Horatio and Natalia seem to have the most compassion and understanding for Ryan. I hate that he has never really been treated as part of the team. Then again, neither has Natalia, really.

Oh, heck. There really hasn't been a team for a while. Hopefully season 8 will rectify that. :)

Oh well there will always be the people who don't like the characters, it's not just Ryan people hate.

As a Horatio fan, boy can I sure identify with THAT statement. Horatio can't win most of the time and seems to be the character everyone loves to bash on. :(

Hi, Delynn. Nice to see you here. :) I agree with you about Speed and Ryan. Speed was my fave character at the time (though I didn't watch every ep back then at least not when it first aired lol). And I loved Ryan from the beginning. But then again, I had already had a thing for Jonathan, so that might have helped. :D

Oh, just seen the last post. Welcome back CSI Kat!

Thx! :D

This whole thing about Ryan replacing Speed....well I didn't watch Miami until after Ryan came on so I never had that Speed connection. Even now that I have seen all the eppies...I find Speed funny - but never had an attraction to him like I do Ryan.

Well, I like Fishy, and I know at least one other person likes Fishy, so I think that's grounds for a nomination. Most of those titles up there are getting 0-1 votes anyway, so why don't we take some down and add a few to the list?

I also like your icon Kat. :)

This whole thing about Ryan replacing Speed....well I didn't watch Miami until after Ryan came on so I never had that Speed connection. Even now that I have seen all the eppies...I find Speed funny - but never had an attraction to him like I do Ryan.

I'm the same. I didn't even start watching until S4 so I saw the Speed episodes much later so I wasn't around for that switch over.

so why don't we take some down and add a few to the list?

I was actually just writing up the list and had taken off the ones that had zero votes last time, and adding the 2 new ones this is what I've come up with:

Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before
Just Take The Shirt Off Already!
Wolfe's Den
Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless
Wolfe Gang
Fellowship of the Fishy
A different kind of hero

These two only had one vote so I think we might be okay to dump them if everyone else agrees:

Get the Full Togo Experience Here
He's a Superhero in Training

I'm the same. I didn't even start watching until S4 so I saw the Speed episodes much later so I wasn't around for that switch over.

so why don't we take some down and add a few to the list?

I was actually just writing up the list and had taken off the ones that had zero votes last time, and adding the 2 new ones this is what I've come up with:

Wolfe's Den
Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless
Wolfe Gang
Fellowship of the Fishy
A different kind of hero

These two only had one vote so I think we might be okay to dump them if everyone else agrees:

Get the Full Togo Experience Here
He's a Superhero in Training

Personally I think the one about "take the shirt off" and "dreaming of wolfe shirtless" kind of mean the same thing, so one of them could be taken off. The Superhero one was my suggestion a while back, but the "different kind of hero" one means basically the same thing, so I'm fine with the superhero one being removed.

But one of the ones I suggested last time wasn't put on the poll last time. I think it was "he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'" or something of that nature. :lol:

I agree with GNRF but if either of the shirtless ones go, it should be the Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless one. For some reason Just Take the Shirt Off Already sounds way more demanding, and I love it that way. ;) I do like the new additions though and I think it's fine taking those two others out.

I agree with GNRF but if either of the shirtless ones go, it should be the Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless one. For some reason Just Take the Shirt Off Already sounds way more demanding, and I love it that way. ;) I do like the new additions though and I think it's fine taking those two others out.

The Dreaming of one did get a lot fewer votes than the Take the Shirt off so I say dreaming is gone. (but we can always add it back if anyone wants. :) )

Here's what we have as of now:

Wolfe's Den
Wolfe Gang
Fellowship of the Fishy
A different kind of hero
Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Any others? :)

(Still rooting for Wolfe's Den
cheer2.gif
)

Ooh the Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin' one is good! Now I'm gonna have a hard time choosing. :lol:

The Dreaming of one did get a lot fewer votes than the Take the Shirt off so I say dreaming is gone. (but we can always add it back if anyone wants. :) )
Yay!

Everytime I see "fellowship of the fishy" I think of Lord Of The Rings (fellowship of the ring) and then I imagine Ryan in those elf ears (like Legolas). :lol:

I'd so love it if Miami did an ep where the police department had a Halloween costume party and Ryan went as Legolas and Dave could be Aragorn (cause he's got the hair/facial hair for it). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back