George/Nick: Texan Charm #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
How cool! :)

Here is a flyer for the event. Says he is getting the "Artistic Humanitarian Award". :)

And for the Greek connection, apparently it's his mother who is of Greek descent, as explained here. :)

Thanks Smokey :) I also did not know he was part Greek. Learn something new everyday is right :thumbsup:

Actually, I suspected he was a long time ago. I went to high school with a high population of Greeks and so his looks rang a bell with me.

So we can call him a Greek god!!!:drool::guffaw:

Thanks Smokey :) I also did not know he was part Greek. Learn something new everyday is right :thumbsup:

Actually, I suspected he was a long time ago. I went to high school with a high population of Greeks and so his looks rang a bell with me.

So we can call him a Greek god!!!:drool::guffaw:

GREEK GOD !!!! LOVE IT!!!!!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:I saw a post a long time ago on another forum (that no longer exists) about him being Greek. I just looked at a pic of him and his mom (The link wouldn't work sorry) but I can see the Greek look the eyes, the skin color I almost thought he might be of Italian decent because of his eyes ,guess I was wrong BUT I won't complain Greeks and Italians is all I grew up with:lol::lol:

Found another story on George. Mostly about his surgery. He had to sign a waver saying that he understood that there was a 35% chance of paralysis. :eek: And those 5 screws in his lower back have made his half an inch taller. :lol: He also says "Why leave? I'm playing a guy who is a modern-day superhero, who is the most courageous, brave, athletic, charming ... I mean, he's everything I wish I was, and I get to play this guy." :)

By George He's Got It

By far the most interesting thing mentioned is this - "He's done what everyone else in Los Angeles wants to and, after 10 years on CSI, has been asked to direct episodes" - I want to know more about this! :wtf:

(for anyone who wants to know I found it by typing "George Eads" in on a twitter search. :lol:)
ETA: It also comes up on a regular Yahoo! news search.

Susan

Last edited:
By far the most interesting thing mentioned is this - He's done what everyone else in Los Angeles wants to and, after 10 years on CSI, has been asked to direct episodes - I want to know more about this! :wtf:

This actually doesn't surprise me - or, rather, what DOES surprise me is that none of the rest of the CSI cast has (at least to my knowledge) directed an episode prior to this. Most other long running shows, there's at least one cast member who's done the jump to behind the camera, but not CSI.

Part of me thinks it could be extremely cool - and part of me thinks that what often happens is the actor concerned minimises their role in front of the camera (though not always; I can think of a couple of examples where quite the reverse was true!)...

By far the most interesting thing mentioned is this - He's done what everyone else in Los Angeles wants to and, after 10 years on CSI, has been asked to direct episodes - I want to know more about this! :wtf:

This actually doesn't surprise me - or, rather, what DOES surprise me is that none of the rest of the CSI cast has (at least to my knowledge) directed an episode prior to this. Most other long running shows, there's at least one cast member who's done the jump to behind the camera, but not CSI.

Part of me thinks it could be extremely cool - and part of me thinks that what often happens is the actor concerned minimises their role in front of the camera (though not always; I can think of a couple of examples where quite the reverse was true!)...

I would love to see George try his hand at directing. He's worked with this crew probably from day one so he'd be in good hands if he needed it. And it could be a good test for a post-CSI career in directing.

He also says "Why leave? I'm playing a guy who is a modern-day superhero, who is the most courageous, brave, athletic, charming ... I mean, he's everything I wish I was, and I get to play this guy." :)

I just love hearing all the time how much he loves what he does and how he doesn't want to leave. :) As for the rest of it...I don't know about anyone else, but I sure think he's all those things! :adore:

Thanks for the article blackflag :)

Very interesting article indeed :) and I would love to see a CSI directed by George. We all ready know he tinkers with Nick's lines sometimes so I'm not really surprised at the directing part.

He also says "Why leave? I'm playing a guy who is a modern-day superhero, who is the most courageous, brave, athletic, charming ... I mean, he's everything I wish I was, and I get to play this guy." :)

I just love hearing all the time how much he loves what he does and how he doesn't want to leave. :) As for the rest of it...I don't know about anyone else, but I sure think he's all those things! :adore:

Courageous, brave! Hmmmm, seems like he's that to me. I mean after all he went through spinal surgery with a 35% chance of paralisys :eek: and he has worked hard and being that it has been almost a year since the surgery - should be close to be 100%. You go, George!

Well, it's been more than 24-hours so I'm safe posting again. :lol:

George took some time filming recently to talk with aspiring actors at Capital High School. They did this through Skype. Other CSI actors apparently did it too, but they talked about George.

Here's his snippet:

Eads, who plays crime scene investigator Nick Strokes, said his Texan accent requires him to spend extra time rehearsing.

“I don’t want to sound like Gomer Pyle,” he said with a laugh.

Students asked Eads the best part of being an actor.

Eads didn’t say a word, and just gestured the money sign with two fingers.

Eads told the group that he was 28 years old with 12 cents to his name when he got the part on “CSI”

“I didn’t know where my next meal was going to come from,” he said. “I went from having 12 cents to a quarter million — from zero to hero.”

Although the money is good, it’s not the main motivating factor, Eads said.

“Once I went to acting school I knew it was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life,” he said.

I think it's great that he took time to talk to the students. Here's the link if you want to read the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back