Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally got around to watching this from last Wednesday. Hotch handing over the keys to Morgan. Skippng to the creepy guys at the liquor store with the ice, and what was he pouring on it? Morgan and Tamera taking a walk and her pumping up his doubts, saying "it's a promotion" nice. Morgan not wanting Hotches office~

Case: serial killer again.. in Oklahoma, involving the guy cutting out the victims eyeballs. EWWWW:angryrazz: and possibly eating them again GROSS~

Rossi telling Hotch "Morgan is a natural leader, and what happens when he's asked to step down"?

Showing the freak-show with his little eye tool:( and then maybe he's a taxidermist again EWWWW:(

They burst in his house and he is just that. all kind of stuffed anmals. So the end Hotch gets him alone, and he staring at whats-her-face and saying you've got pretty eyes' CHILLS [wouldn't he be fun to hang out with]:cardie:

Morgan finds the eyes of the dead girl and tells the sister she says "you have no idea what this means to us" and his sweet reply "Hope your sister can rest in peace"

Baby girl shows Morgan his new office complete with toys:lol: their such good buddies and he ends up calling Tamera~ These writers think of the most gory stories ever:wtf:

I have to say I don't like this whole Morgan in charge thing. I don't mind Morgan but I don't like him the leadership role. Morgan is supposed to be the "everyman" of the show. Putting him as the leader sort of takes away from that. Besides, Hotch is such a great leader. It's weird to see him as just a team member.

I get the feeling they may be setting it up for a co-unit chief situation. I'm against it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the 100th episode. I wonder how they're going to fit all those characters in? I thought for a moment they might throw Diana Reid in there but then I realized that would be pretty random, not to mention that Jane Lynch is busy filming Glee.

Random thought: I hope Reid gets off crutches soon.

I want to see Hotch and Haley get back together. Well, maybe I don't. Oh I don't know. They're so cute together but it's such a dysfunctional family. Haley really does deserve to have a husband who's around, but then again Hotch needs someone too! What to do, what to do.

Is CM back on Wednesday? I can't remember and I don't feel like looking it up.

Yes it is. Here are also the next three episodes and a descript and link to the cast lists.

11/11/09 (#507) The Performer
The BAU team follows a trail of murders that seems to align with the tour schedule of a rock star. Rossdale plays a Goth performer who has become lost in the frightening alter-ego he portrays on stage - an alter-ego the BAU team suspects may be a brutal serial killer.

For Guest list

11/18/09 (#508) Outfoxed
A SERIES OF FAMILY MURDERS BRINGS HOTCH AND PRENTISS FACE-TO- FACE WITH ONE OF THE MOST HORRIFIC KILLERS FROM THE BAU TEAM'S PAST. - While tracking a family annihilator, the BAU must seek advice from "The Fox," one of the most horrific killers from the team's past who has an ominous message for Agent Hotchner.

For Guest Cast

11/25/09 100th Episode - (#509) 100
HOTCHNER'S SHOWDOWN WITH THE REAPER COMES TO ITS SHOCKING CONCLUSION, ON THE 100TH EPISODE. - The BAU team races to help Hotchner find The Reaper and save his family before it's too late.

Returning: Jayne Atkinson (as Erin Strauss), Meredith Monroe (as Haley Hotchner), Cade Owens (as Jack Hotchner), Josh Stewart (as Det. LaMontagne Jr), Nicholas Brendon (as Kevin Lynch), D.B. Sweeney (as US Marshall Kassmeyer), And C. Thomas Howell (as The Reaper/George Foyet)

For more of the guest list

Oh my gosh. 'Fisher King'= EPIC WIN. I shall now add it to my list of favorite epsiodes.

1. 'Penelope'
2. 'Profiler, Profiled'
3. 'Fisher King'
4. 'Seven Seconds'
5. I can't decide... Up for the spot are 'P911' (I think this was the first one I saw), 'Minimal Loss' (Emily! And... Yeah. Emily!), and 'Machismo' (The entire episode was in Spanish. Loved. That.).

Also, I saw 'Identity' the other day. Oh Lord I died laughing. The team profiling Rossi's office and then him walking in to confirm everything? He fit in seamlessly from the beginning.

So, in my watching of the ah-mazing Season 1, I came up with a theory... I think Gideon was fatherly toward Elle, and a little bit towards Reid, but he's not in this theory. Now, Rossi and Emily are the father/daughter pair. It's like one left and another came in.

Also, in Season 1, Morgan was very much Older Brother and protective around Jayje. I love it. I love Morgan. Will someone please get him for me for Christmas? kthx.

I'm watching 'True Night' now. It's one of my least favorite episodes in general, but SO great when it comes to M/G and Morgan and Reid bickering. I think I hate it because so little of it revolves around the team. And I like my team, thank you.

Okay, so do you guys want even more proof that I'm a huge geek? In biology, we had to make a cartoon-like thing of cell organelles, and I definitely compared our lovahly team to parts of cell. I have pics I may tweet at some point when I have nothing else to do with my life.

Okay. I was going to say something else, but I forgot. So whatever. I'll be on tomorrow. Which I can promise.

That's why I'm glad I've got the DVD's. All Except Season 4, which I should just Order, 'cause that's what Amazon Gift Certificates are for..:D

I love all the seasons pretty much equally. I think that the show has been consistently incredible, and in some respects has only gotten better as the years have gone by.

Honestly, with the exception of only a couple episodes or storylines I didn't like at all, like the ep in S4 about the Gypsies, or the way they wrote Elle's character out, which felt too abrupt to me, I really like everything about the show. There's minimal Black Hole of Continuity issues, the characters are all strongly written and they don't take the easy way out.

I still definitely miss the old team members like Elle and Gideon, because they were there first, and the ones you see first will usually be the ones you like best, but I don't dislike Rossi or Emily. I think they pretty much brought them in seamlessly, and they work really well as characters.

I recently bought the season 3 and 4 DVDs. I really, really, really want to get seasons 1 and 2, too, but I'm trying to wait in hopes Santa might get them for me. ;) I liked Gideon, too, and if Fisher King is that episode with Keith Carradine, it's one of my favorites.

I've been watching lots and lots of episodes on A&E and ION. That's what caused my addiction to the show to fully kick in. Now its my favorite show. Watching back to back episodes on the afore-mentioned channels really helped me to get to know the characters a lot better than just seeing the show once a week and even missing it sometimes because I wasn't completely addicted yet. ;):)

I don't like Haley and don't want HOTch and her getting back together. She walked out on him and he deserves someone better who understands his work.

I see Morgan being in charge as something Hotch has done so he can cover himself in order to go after the Reaper. I don't want Morgan staying in charge to continue for much longer or for there to be some kind of co-leadership thing. And I think Morgan might be on the way to getting in trouble because of seeing Tamara (Is that her name?) and when Strauss finds out, she may use that as a reason to put HOTch back in charge of the team. I wonder if Penelope is going to rat him out. Things may go in such a way that she feels she has to.

But also, Penelope is going to get more jealous as it becomes clearer to her that Morgan and Tamara are involved and it's definitely going to have an effect.

I am trying so hard not to click and read the spoilers. :lol:

Last edited:
This is from the new TV Guide dated NOv. 16-22 on a spin-off~

STARS SAY SPIN-OFF IS CRIMINAL

Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but in the case of Criminal Minds spin-off--due to premiere on CBS this spring-it's also triggered some professional envy. "We're not jumping up and down for it", admits "Minds" A.J. Cook [Jennifer Jareau] "we're a little jealous, it's typical behavior: Look at me!" "Minds" producer Chris Mundy is currently crafting an outline for the spin-off slated for a February shoot. "We feel a little threatened", Cook adds, "Are they going to take some stories away from us? We don't want them to put their energy on anyone but us" "Minds" star Thomas Gibson [Aaron Hotchner] is baffled by the premeise of the spin-off. The orginal show is only one BAU unit in the FBI, "I was operating under the impression that we were the only ones", he says. "We were it-that's what made us special, but a spin-off suggests that another BAU unit exists" Most of the time, I think spin-offs are a crass grab at captalizing on something that's worked" Gibson says. "But occasionally they've been great...best of luck"

Lisa Bernhard TV Guide writer~

Huh. I'm kind of glad that the actors are confused, because I am.

~I have no idea who the guest star musician guy is. No, really.
~His name is Dante? Really?
~Huh, I wonder which one of those girls is going to be the dead one. Oh, good, it’s ObnoxiousBlond. Five seconds of screentime and I dislike her. Must be a record for me. (No, I’m not implying that she deserved to die.)
~“The Liar”… track name, maybe?
~Vampire! …I hate vampires. Unless they look like Alex O’Loughlin; then it’s totally cool.
~The new Kay commercial has remarkably poor acting.
~Was this before Emily and Dave? Because neither of them seem very interested. And Emily isn’t joining in on the mocking.
~ HEE! “Classic cannibalism. [Great] job we have.”
~ DOUBLE HEE! “They mostly dress up like Prentiss did in high school.” (My show loves continuity.)
~Hey, Garcia changed her hair. Or did I miss that in the episode that I seriously need to catch up on?
~Professional Morgan is actually a bit boring. No offense.
~“Long story.”
~Reid, cut your hair.
~I think Dante might be right on that one.
~*gasp* Emily backstory! Is this the first time since Demonology?
~I love love love when Prentiss and Rossi work together. Love.
~“You’re in already, aren’t you?”
~Reid, I wish I could ask that.
~I love when JJ goes older-sister on Reid. It’s in the more serious sense than is typical of older-sibling-ness towards Reid.
~CD name. I was close.
~“Oh, I prefer not even to consider it.”
~Quick on the uptake there, Em.
~Morgan, JJ can get a press conference together in about 30 seconds. You’re surprised that the paparazzi can get there in 30 minutes?
~Rossi takes the paparazzi bullet. He should be used to bullshitting to the press, so it’s okay.
~“My official statement is that I hate Los Angeles.” Allow me to take a moment to fangirl Rossi, who I love only a bit less than Emily.
~*winces* I get severely worried for female characters when they’re in rooms alone with potential murderers. Only the female characters, because I’m so used to not trusting television.
~How do you do that, Reid? Not kidding. I didn’t even know that it was possible to use crutches while on a cell phone. You’re usually not well coordinated, so I’m surprised that you didn’t fall.
~Not!Good! JJ, run away. No, seriously.
~Mandy Patinkin’s voice was weird in that commercial.
~JJ, please notice the profile. It’s right in front of you.
~Good job, Jaje, now it’s two against one. Although you do have a gun.
~AUGH! CHARACTER IN DANGER WITH MORGAN IN CHARGE! (I’m sorry, JJ, I think I jinxed you. Although it ends up not as bad as it could have been.)
~If you kill JJ, I can think of six other people that will shoot you in the head.
~How stupid are the UnSubs that they left the FBI agent’s gun right next to her?
~Emily, good, take care of JJ. The same way she took care of you when you got your head bashed in. It’s a pattern.
~Hee, everyone’s taking care of JJ.
~“And a shovel.”
~I’ve never seen A Clockwork Orange. Although I’m assuming that it did something with Beethoven.
~Aw, smiles! How rare is that?

Okay, so someone already knowing my name would probably creep me out. I really like the promo, though... it's interestingly non-promoish.

Alex, you've never heard of Gavin Rossdale from the band Bush? The songs "Come down" (I don't wanna come back down from this cloud) and "Machine head" (this was in some horror movie but I can't remember which one... maybe that werewolf movie the remake werewolf in paris or london or whatever from back in the 90s)? He's married to Gwen Stefani from No Doubt.

I haven't watched the ep yet, but I love Gavin. I'll probably watch it tomorrow.

Bush... Chemicals Between Us and The People That We Love Bush?

I'll admit that unless the person's name is the name of the band, I probably don't know their name. In fact, Jennifer Nettles and Kristian (sp?) Bush of Sugarland are the only people in a band that I actually know the names of.

^ Yes, that's the one. :D

I haven't watched tonight's ep yet still. :lol:

But, I watched last week's ep earlier today, so here are my thoughts on it:

Garcia: How's my Morgan doing? :D awww.

Thank God the unsub doesn't eat the eyes like they first thought. But man that one animal with the first vic's eyes was beyond creepy looking. :lol:

So I guess JJ was a bit freaked out when the guy said she had nice eyes.

Garcia: Wow! You are such a tease! :lol:

Aww they had Garcia fix up an office for him. :D

Garcia: I'm gonna leave you alone to mark your territory. :lol:

Last night's episode was good in terms of nonsucking, but it was really off in terms of character. Rossi seemed like his snarky self, but everyone else was a bit... off. Like JJ not noticing that the girl was obviously mentally unstable. Seriously? If JJ didn't immediately think something was off when she saw the house, she should have definitely noticed something was off the second she talked to that girl. I don't blame her for not sensing someone coming up behind her with a shovel, but she shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I enjoyed last nights episode. Gavin Rossdale...I forgot ur awesomeness...
Morgan...HOT!
Reid makes me laugh
Garcia picking on Emily...that made me laugh
JJ got hit in the head OH NO! Not good

Team bonding at the end! I loved it!

Okay, so my dad has decided to take advantage of me not being home until 8:30 on Wednesday, and hog the computer, so I couldn't Live Tweet. But... I did take some notes.

~Hahaha. He was avoiding talking about Lila. I haven't actually seen that whole episode. Sadness.

~"They dress up like Prentiss in high school..." I also haven't seen that picture. *sigh*

~And he couldn't call her 'Baby Girl' because... Though I guess I can live with first-names.

~Yay. Rossi and Prentiss.

~Whoa. Prentiss went to Georgetown, too? I now want to write a fic where her and Jayje were like, roommates.

~"I'll call the sexiest hacker on the planet." I love Em.

~Morgan and Hotch working togegther... Could be interesting. Oh, wait. I lied. It wasn't.

~I'm gonna have to rewatch this profile. My little sister was being a pain to put to bed.

~Garcia is magical. And I agree with Em. I wouldn't want to think about what she could find about me, either.

~"P.G." Oh, Em.

~"Is he going to be okay?" "He's got a gun."

~Yay! Em! (At this point, I have no idea what that was about. But, Yay! Em!)

~"My official statement was that I hate Los Angeles." Oh, mini-show to devote my soul to.

~Hahaha. Em went from Fan to Hard-Ass.

~Yay! She's calling him "Spence" again. I like Reid this season.

~Is this JJ in danger? *gasp* Alex and I are psychic. We jinxed having JJ in danger with InCharge!Morgan.

~Oh, dear. Gideon on Three Rivers.

~NO! NO! JAYJE!!!

~Shoot them, girl! Because you hit what you aim for.

~Always Em and the victim.

~Will and Henry should be in the end. Especially Will. Or at least JJ/Reid, Protective!Morgan, BFF Em, or Hotch/JJ Father/Daughter.

~Awww. They're all taking care of her. I like that.

~And Reid feels guilty. Like he would helpful on crutches. Although, apparently, he can use them and talk on the phone.

~Ruining Beethoven. I love when the team is happy.

~(Cyril Connoly)"Better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self." Love. It.

~Next week... Um, it told be barely anything, but that thing was BEASTLY. I WANT it.

And.. Tis all I have time for today.

You don't need to spoiler box anymore, Bryn. You actually confused me for a second. :lol:

What was the "Is he going to be okay?" "He's got a gun."? Because I've seen it quoted twice but I missed that moment because of a brief flip to the CMAs.

Huh. I wonder if Rossi actually said "I hate Los Angeles." The funny thing is that one would think that you'd assume that he didn't, but with Rossi you really can never tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back