Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Yay, we've made it to thread #2. :D Continue talking about all your favourite characters at The BAU here. :)

Criminal Minds #1.

Calihan had a question on the last page so I'll copy it here.

ETA: A couple things if you missed an episode and need to catch up, this site CH131.com it's legal, no downloading and the catch is that they post the eps usually the next day. Please keep this in mind (no pun intended).

The other some have asked about the cast/character names (ie correct spellings)

A.J. Cook as SSA Jennifer "JJ" Jareau
    Joe Mantegna as SSA David Rossi
    Kirsten Vangsness as SSA Penelope Garcia
    Matthew Gray Gubler as SSA Dr. Spencer Reid
    Paget Brewster as SSA Emily Prentiss
    Shemar Moore as SSA Derek Morgan
    Thomas Gibson as SSA Aaron Hotchner

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
  2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

New thread Cool.

As to the new season have you tried searching Youtube? I know I watched alot of the eps I missed that way. I have seen all of season thread but they might have them on there, I know one person on there said she was going to be putting them up, so you might want to check it out.

3. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Definitely try youtube. That's how I got a lot of them, before I decided I was addicted to this show and went out and bought the DVDs. ;)

Awesome thread title, it's something I could just hear Garcia saying. :lol:

They're rerunning some good eps in the next couple weeks. Yay for Lucky and Penelope! If we can't have new eps I'd at least like to get reruns every week than no eps at all.

sandersidle, at the end of the previous thread you mentioned something about Morgan having an issue in his past that impacted him in Children of the Dark. The only thing I can think of is in Profiler, Profiled, where we learn that he found that young boy murdered and raised the money to have him buried, and visits him everytime he's in Chicago now. Since we've had that ep though, where we got his backstory, I don't think there'll be anything else for them to throw at us.

4. Destiny

Unless someone goes back on the deal and if they do I will seriously be ticked off. WGA strike is over and according to Tvguide online... Criminal minds "Expected to shoot 4 to 7 new episodes to air in April/May."

Until then the following repeats will be shown.

2/13/08 (#309) True Night (R)
    2/20/08 (#307) Lucky (R)
    2/27/08 (#308) Penelope (R)

5. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Sweet! :D Hopefully we'll get confirmation of that really soon...

6. Destiny

While I did put these links in the writers strike thread I came here because I am pointing out what pertains to the show of topic. ;)

Hollywood writers to vote on contract .. <SNIP>
    "It will be all hands on deck for the writing staff," said Chris Mundy, co-executive producer of CBS' drama "Criminal Minds." He hopes to get a couple of scripts in the pipeline right away, and for about seven episodes to air by the end of May.
    "It's a real balancing act," he said, "to get up and running as fast as possible, but not let the quality slip."

From TV Guide Online has been updated.
    Orginially: Expected to shoot 4 to 7 new episodes to air in April/May.
    Updated: Expected to shoot 4 to 9 new episodes to air in March/April/May.

USA Today "Ed Bernero, executive producer of CBS' Criminal Minds, says the show won't need to start from scratch; it already has story lines approved and drafts written from before the strike. "For us, it'll kind of be like we went home on a Friday and came back Monday, and we're up and running. We should be shooting by mid-next week."

7. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Well.............it's about time. Adults acting like children. LOL Anyway, I can't wait

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Thanks for the information, D. :) That's awesome. I wasn't sure if we were going to get any more episodes this season. This show has been through so much with Mandy leaving and having to throw out 7 scripts and now this. Kudos to them for pulling through. :D

Good point. xD I hope they don't throw anything else at us because not every character needs to have some angsty past. I'd like to see them have nice life for once. :p

9. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Thanks for sharing the good news. I'm re-watching S3 at the moment so I'm ready for the new ones! :D

10. LibertyBell

Yeah, although you could make the case that to do the job they do, they all must have something angsty in their pasts. Morgan's molestation, Garcia's parents dying, Reid's mom being schizophrenic, back when Elle was on it her dad dying. The only ones we aren't clear on are Prentiss, JJ, Hotch, Gideon, and Rossi. I'm convinced something happened to JJ. There's a theory her parents are dead, but I think it's more than that. Something that happened in college. I just don't know what yet. Rossi is the only one I've heard people say probably grew up normal. But we don't know much about him yet...

Yay for new episodes! I'm glad to hear that they're going to be continuing with the old storylines. That was my biggest fear with the strike, for all shows.

11. Destiny

I also think a congrats is owed to the show for being renewed next season as stated in the "Renewed shows" thread.

There was a rumor that Hotch was abused as a child by his father but then later in that same ep that he gave that impression he denied it. For example

Ep #109 "Natural Born Killer":
    Hotchner: You were just responding to what you learned, Vincent. When you grow up in an environment like that, an extremely abusive, violent household, it's not surprising that some people grow up to become killers.
    Vincent Perotta: Some people?
    Hotchner: What's that?
    Vincent Perotta: You said some people grow up to become killers.
    Hotchner: And some people grow up to catch them.

-Later-

Hotchner: But your father beat you every chance he got.
    Vincent Perotta: He smacked me around some. Didn’t everybody’s old man?
    Hotchner: No.
    Vincent Perotta: Well, maybe if yours had, you would have learned to fight.

I don't think he was abused more that he was just trying to get the suspect to open up and talk.

The problem is with back stories they get confused for instance again Hotch. In the ep #116 "Tribe" it was said that he died of a heartattack before he was 50, and that he was an Attorney
    Hotch (To his brother [sean] about follow their instincts): Dad knew, I forgot, you reminded me.

But then in ep #219 "Ashes & Dust" he talked about his father dying of lung cancer when he [Hotch] was in high school.

12. Destiny

According to the futon critic the following repeats will be shown (maybe subject to change).

2/20/08 (#307) Lucky (R)
    2/27/08 (#308) Penelope (R)
    3/05/08 (#221) Doubt (R)
    3/12/08 (#301) In Birth and Death (R)

13. LibertyBell

I actually saw this episode last night, and weren't those two scenes reversed? I thought the part where the Unsub said if Hotch's dad had smacked him around he would have learned to fight happened as soon as he came in, and the other one was right before he left the room.

Regardless, it was a little confusing. It's hard with interrogation scenes on cop shows because sometimes, like you said, they just say stuff to get the suspect to open up. Personally, I doubt Hotch was abused. He just doesn't seem the type. He never gets too emotional about cases, he's the level headed one of the group, I just don't see it. But that's me.

Yay for renewal! Let's see what they can do with a proper season length.

14. Destiny

I think it was reversed on the Hotch quotes I think at the time I posted them I was in the middle of making dinner lol. But it does stand that no where in there does it hint that he sympathized about abuse but rather maybe he knew some who were, or just his general experience through work as a profiler, lawyer, prosecutor, SWAT and during his teachings of hostage negotations.

I agree take the episode 215 "Revelations" In which to locate Reid when Tobias and his multiple personalitys kidnapped him, he gave Hotch the lead they needed, and Hotch calmly as possible caught on.
    "Reid chooses – Aaron Hotchner. He calls him a classic narcissist, says he puts himself before the team, and quotes Gen 23:4. The team is watching Reid’s plight with shock. When Reid names Hotchner, he races into the next room. - The team surrounds Hotch to reassure him that Reid didn’t mean it. Hotch knows he didn’t and he makes them tell him his worst qualities – none of which is narcissism. The team admits that he is a bully, a drill sergeant, that he believes men over women, but he has never put himself above the team, and is not a narcissist. Reid and Hotch had been arguing about the definition of a classic narcissist. It was a clue – the Bible verse is about cemeteries, not about character, and Reid would not make a mistake like that unless it was a clue" - later - "Hotch and Prentiss are the first to reach Reid, and help him to stand. Reid embraces Hotch, telling him he knew Hotch would be able to figure it out."

This again proves that he can not only handle the team as a leader but as an objective level headed person at the time no matter how it bothers him personally he pushes it aside, like in the 304 "Seven Seconds" he was all business until the end when he went to see his son.

Now one I would like to know about because it was brought up in the that same ep above why Prentiss is the way she is or how she came to be that way. "JJ confronts Prentiss about why she doesn’t react to the horrible deaths and Reid’s apparent capture. Hotch comes in and asks the same questions. Prentiss seems flustered and tells them she is able to keep her emotions separate from her job. but yet in the episode 303 "Children of the Dark" she showed some emotions involved when she offered to take the girl who survived, there were a number of quotes that made you wonder.

JJ: She's a kid. I–what is she trying to prove here?
    Prentiss: That she can be a good daughter.

Hotchner: Prentiss, this is the job, and I need to know that you can be objective.
    Prentiss: And I need to know that I can be human.

Okay I have done to much research lol to think I only started watching this show this season, but between websites, YouTube and what have you I got caught up lol.

15. Destiny

Okay shoot past edit time in "Ask Ausiello" and I don't think this is a spoiler so I am not putting a code in, if there were more to it I would.

Q: Is Nicholas Brendon going to return to Criminal Minds this season?
    A: Yep, he's onboard for at least two more episodes, the first of which airs April 2.

For those who don't remember him he was in the ep that will be repeated tonight #308 "Penelope" he played the geeky tech Kevin Lynch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.