**Spoiler Lab** Season 7 - Get Your Daily Fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unusual for the writers to do sudden name changes and jockeying of the story when the character is finally cast. Sometimes the character name really doesn't fit the actor cast and names have to change.
Excatly, I don't think Derek Thompson suited him that well... so I guess that's why the changed his name.
Plus you have to think about the fact you're giving a name to a singre like Diddy.

Think of Emily Procter in her current role and then change Calleigh's name to.....say.....Berta Smith. Doesn't fit the actor, does it?
OMG!!!! :guffaw:Sorry, but I seriously can't imagine her with this name.
You couldn't pick up a better example:p

As far as singers becoming actors, well, it didn't hurt Will Smith or Queen Latifa at all and they're both very good. For that matter, Eva LaRue started out as an actor, but, has anyone heard her sing? I have and she's fantastic. Her voice is tailor made for ballads. She played the part of Annette Funicello in the tv movie "The Annette Funicello Story" and they didn't do any voice dubbing.

Nope, no problems here.
I have no problems with singers becoming actors or actors becoming singers just because if they're good enough, the outcome can be pretty good.
As you mentioned Will Smith, right now is one of the best actor and hey he was a rapper till few years ago!
Same thing for Eva (even if I think it's a little bit easier for actors to sing than for a singer to act), she's a very good actress and she can sing very well (I heard lots of her song and she's very talented and her voice is awesome).
So I don't mind Diddy being an actor, even if I don't like him that much (but that's personal stuff). He can always surprise us and be a very good actor in a pretty good episode.

Plus I think that most of the episode outcome depends on TPTB's choices :p

Oh boy, Florry you always are a mouthful, lol!

Berta Smith:guffaw:

Eric: Hey Berta, have you got my bullets.:guffaw:

I just needed to come in here and say that the other night I had a dream that this thread reached 70, 000 posts before anyone noticed. :lol:

Oh I guess I'll say something too. I don't really get what the big deal about name changes is. I guess it can be annoying especially for the people who want to discuss the spoilers, and keep having to remember that the guy they were just discussing has a different name all of a sudden. But other than that I don't get the big deal. It's different if they say someone is going to be there and then they don't show up at all, that just makes everyone mad. :lol:

It's different if they say someone is going to be there and then they don't show up at all, that just makes everyone mad. :lol:

That actually made me glad, not mad. Seriously, I wanted to hug the writers for not including Erica in that episode. :D

It's different if they say someone is going to be there and then they don't show up at all, that just makes everyone mad. :lol:

That actually made me glad, not mad. Seriously, I wanted to hug the writers for not including Erica in that episode. :D
Wasn't it mentioned she would be in more than one episode?
Will she be showing up at all?

I haven't seen any mention of her in any of the other eps I have seen spoilers on.

I was really shcoked that they listed her in the credits and then she wasn't in the ep.....although, did anyone look to see if she was listed in the credits when the show aired?? Just b/c someone is listed on the credits in the written release doesn't always mean their scenes are put in the episode....still it was a bit of a faux pas on whoever wrote the release.

I haven't seen any mention of her in any of the other eps I have seen spoilers on.

I was really shcoked that they listed her in the credits and then she wasn't in the ep.....although, did anyone look to see if she was listed in the credits when the show aired?? Just b/c someone is listed on the credits in the written release doesn't always mean their scenes are put in the episode....still it was a bit of a faux pas on whoever wrote the release.
I thought I saw Erica listed as recurring on the cast sheet,I probably assumed she was going to be in more than one episode.

I thought I saw Erica listed as recurring on the cast sheet,I probably assumed she was going to be in more than one episode.

She is listed as a "recurring" character b/c she has appeared in more than one or two episodes as the same character....recurring just means that the character is going to make a reappearance on the show. Jake, Kyle, Julia, Valera, they are all considered "recurring" characters as well.

No, her name wasn't in the beginning credits when the episode began, or after. That's how I figured she probably wouldn't be there at all when I started watching, no Amy Laughlin in the credits. :confused:

She is listed as a "recurring" character b/c she has appeared in more than one or two episodes as the same character....recurring just means that the character is going to make a reappearance on the show. Jake, Kyle, Julia, Valera, they are all considered "recurring" characters as well.
I know that recurring means she appeared in more than one episode,but for some reason I got the idea she was going to appear in more than one episode again.I probably misread whatever I was reading at the time,or assumed for some reason.

You know what's funny? WHen I bought the episode and watched it, I didn't realize she wasn't in it until it I was finished watching it, while going through my fav parts. lol! She wasn't needed at all:lol:

Maybe she is not one of our fav characters but, you know, it's always about the same problem: people can't vanish like that all the times!
It's like Calleigh's father, Jake who disappears for almost a season, Ray Jr who God only knows where he is! When was the last time did we see Erica? She was an important character after everything she did to Ryan. She went missing without any closure, like we had to wait a year to have an explaination about Jake's departure and we are still waiting for the Kenwal Duquesne's one.
All of this to say that I'd like to see Erica again just to know what the writers will do now...;)

Maybe she is not one of our fav characters but, you know, it's always about the same problem: people can't vanish like that all the times!
It's like Calleigh's father, Jake who disappears for almost a season, Ray Jr who God only knows where he is! When was the last time did we see Erica? She was an important character after everything she did to Ryan. She went missing without any closure, like we had to wait a year to have an explaination about Jake's departure and we are still waiting for the Kenwal Duquesne's one.
All of this to say that I'd like to see Erica again just to know what the writers will do now...;)
Let's not forget Susy & Madison :lol:, other 2 missing poeple of the show.
Yep I totally agree with you. I just want some explanations and I still think Erica is one of those characters who deserves it.
There's no way she could have vanished like this, even if she choose to work somewhere else.

As for my dear Duke :)beer:: :adore: )....I'd like to think of him dead in a bar while he was drinking, at least that would be coherent with his character :lol: :p

BTW Jake's stuff is the only thing I could accept while I think we all ought to know what happened to everyone else:p

That's what TPTB miss: continuity!

I agree. I wasn't overly fond of Erica, but it would be nice to find out what she is upto. I think they should put the tv on in the lab one day and see her on some national news show. At least she would only be in the epi very briefly!
And definitely want to see Cal's Dad again. But Florry, that will probably be the next time we see him, dead in some bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back