**Spoiler Lab** Season 7 - Get Your Daily Fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's really hope he's gonna suspend everybody, that would be cool:p
I actually thought of that after Horatio said "just you & me" (to Eric) in 'Resurrection'. I just imagined of all people to still be "safe" would be Eric & H (the ones who really shouldn't be), & everyone else gets let go. I think it'd be cool too just to see how they'd play something like that out - watching the whole team sorta crumble. :)

From what Diddy said in his interview, it sounds like he's out to get all of them over something, whether small or big, so Im really anxious to (hopefully) see these 2-part epis be about the entire team & not just a few...like always :rolleyes:

It would be interestin to see if he goes after them ALL. Who would defend them? Stetler?--That would be interesting to see.

Why is Ryan getting suspended by Diddy? (I was wondering, could we get a Just the Facts thingy in here like NY has? It'd make the spoilers easier to keep up with. Thanks :) )

MacsGirlMel said:
This Russian guy in the news bullets....any connection with Delko?

I believe the man you're referring to should be Delko's biological father. (at least that's my understanding of the spoilers so far)

Why is Ryan getting suspended by Diddy?

I don't think Ryan is getting suspended by Diddy's character himself--as he's playing a prosecutor and therefore has no jurisdiction over the jobs of the CSIs. But it appears he's getting under the skin of the CSIs and causing problems which gets Ryan placed on administrative leave and Eric's birth certificate gets out.

As to how Ryan gets suspended, Diddy's character forwards a complaint, claiming Ryan was harrassing his client which ended up in an injury to the client.

You can find the brunt of how it's explained here.

(I was wondering, could we get a Just the Facts thingy in here like NY has? It'd make the spoilers easier to keep up with. Thanks :) )

We have a Spoiler Reference Section at the beginning of this thread just below the guidelines where all of the spoilers collected so far have been placed. I'd been a little slow at updating it in detail as the holidays rolled around but I've just added more to it.

However, I'll speak with my co-mod about your suggestion. :)

Last edited:
As to how Ryan gets suspended, Diddy's character forwards a complaint, claiming Ryan was harrassing his client which ended up in an injury to the client.

Yeah, but this was back when Diddy's character was supposed to be a defense attorney. He's since been changed to prosecutor. I thought prosecutors work for the state, not a single client ... and therefore would not particularly have a client for Ryan to "harrass". So, perhaps that part of the storyline has been changed as well. (I hope anyway cause I'm sick of seeing Ryan in trouble whether he's done anything wrong or not).

Yeah, but this was back when Diddy's character was supposed to be a defense attorney. He's since been changed to prosecutor. I thought prosecutors work for the state, not a single client ... and therefore would not particularly have a client for Ryan to "harrass". So, perhaps that part of the storyline has been changed as well. (I hope anyway cause I'm sick of seeing Ryan in trouble whether he's done anything wrong or not).

You have it backwards....he was supposed to be a prosecutor, and NOW he is a defense attorney.

Check out the article on the main page...he talks about how he "he uses one client to get the other one off" that is the talk of a defense attorney.

Crap! :lol: I like him as a prosecutor instead. :lol: I'm not much of a Diddy fan either. :lol: I'd much rather it been LL Cool J or someone like that.

^ Oh yeah, I'd forgotten they changed it around, I should have put in 'defense attorney' instead of prosecutor. :lol: Actually, when he was first brought up, I kept thinking 'it would make more sense for him to be a defense lawyer' so I'm kind of glad they went that way with the role--he'll probably be quite the sleeze ball. Might have been neat to see the way he would do prosecution too though.

I'm a bit annoyed at how much they kept changing his name. :/ This is what, the third name change since his character was thought up?

^ Yeah I'm not much of a fan of Diddy either. I'm quite interested to see what he does with the role but I've never been very fond of musicians turning to acting. (or actors becoming singers :lol:) I hope I'm pleasantly surprised with how this turns out, especially since he'll be in more than one episode.

I honestly don't mind singers becoming actors when the outcome is good. (Think Mark Wahlberg). Or actors doing singing (if the outcome is good). Some people can do both (think Christian Kane of Leverage (also played Lindsey on Angel)... if you've ever heard him sing... man that guy has the voice of an angel... no pun intended and he's a great actor too...) . I'm sure Diddy will probably be good acting wise. That's not my issue. It just feels like kind of stunt casting to me. I mean let's face it them casting Diddy is the equivalent of How I Met Your Mother casting Britney Spears. Someone who has had some controversy in the news in the last past few months.

And these shows have been doing too much name changing lately. First Megalyn's character's name was changed from Lauren to Tara. On Vegas, Lauren Lee Smith's character's name was changed from Bryce to Riley. On NY, Emmanuelle Vaughier's character was originally supposed to be named Jennifer and is now named Jessica and Flack's sister's name was originally something else before it was changed to Samantha (I can't remember what it was supposed to be originally). And now Diddy's character's name being changed several times? What gives?

I guess the other names sound better, and remember on these shows you can do impovisions, like David Caruso changing his lines sometimes. And for Megalyn's character is like Tara, cause Lauren is this person at my school who gets annoying, wait I know someone named Tara who is even worse thatn Lauren! Anyway I luv the name change.

It's not unusual for the writers to do sudden name changes and jockeying of the story when the character is finally cast. Sometimes the character name really doesn't fit the actor cast and names have to change. Think of Emily Procter in her current role and then change Calleigh's name to.....say.....Berta Smith. Doesn't fit the actor, does it?

As far as singers becoming actors, well, it didn't hurt Will Smith or Queen Latifa at all and they're both very good. For that matter, Eva LaRue started out as an actor, but, has anyone heard her sing? I have and she's fantastic. Her voice is tailor made for ballads. She played the part of Annette Funicello in the tv movie "The Annette Funicello Story" and they didn't do any voice dubbing.

Nope, no problems here.

It just feels like kind of stunt casting to me.

My thoughts exactly. I don't mind him wanting to go into acting, & Im excited for the epi just for the sake of what we'll see with the cast, but Im not watching for Diddy himself. I have a hard time taking him serious as an actor 'cause I can only vision him in his bling & sunnies. Maybe he'll surprise me. No offence, Diddy. ;)

It just feels like kind of stunt casting to me.

My thoughts exactly. I don't mind him wanting to go into acting, & Im excited for the epi just for the sake of what we'll see with the cast, but Im not watching for Diddy himself. I have a hard time taking him serious as an actor 'cause I can only vision him in his bling & sunnies. Maybe he'll surprise me. No offence, Diddy. ;)

Exactly the same for me as well. I don't doubt/deny that some actors/singers who go into the other respective fields can do extremely well - despite that I'm a bit skeptical of the whole idea in general because of some who just ruin it - but this one feels like as was mentioned, a bit of stunt casting. But like I said, I might be pleasantly surprised and am hoping to be. :)

ladyd10 said:
Sometimes the character name really doesn't fit the actor cast and names have to change.

I liked when they had it changed from Derek Thompson to Derek Stark but it was probably too similar to the 'Shark' character Sebastian Stark, whom I believe was a prosecutor on that program. So I can understand why they might change it. I like the name they have for him now so I hope they keep it. :lol:

Last edited:
I liked when they had it changed from Derek Thompson to Derek Stark

I didn't watch Shark, so I didn't even know that was the main character's last name. I thought it was just a reference to lawyers being sharks. :lol: But, the name Derek Stark sounds too much like Jared Stark to me. Jared Stark was the name of a villian on Sci Fi's Invisible Man (great show by the way and ended way too soon if you ask me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back