CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristine did ask Hill if it was Lindsay and he said no ...

That makes me feel better.

As far as the "Montana" goes, I don't consider it a DL romantic thing. Especially considering Danny called her that on her first day to annoy her and she threw a hissy at him at one point saying, "My name is Lindsay. Lindsay Monroe." To me it was always just something he called her like he calls Hawkes "Doc" and something she tolerated, not some romantic pet name. Until TPTB inexplicably had Hawkes call her that and she said - with absolutely no emotion - that she missed being called the nickname. Then I considered it a lame attempt to make it into more than it was.

Actually, Lindsay one time (her first season I believe) said something to Sid about how she hated that Danny called her that and Sid said something like "He calls you that because he likes you" or "has a crush on you" or something to that effect. It's like the little boy in the school yard pulling the hair of the girl he likes. Same deal with the Montana thing. It was his way of showing her he liked her cause he didn't really know how to do it otherwise. :lol: So with that convo with Sid, it seemed they were trying to say that it was a romantic thing and a thing to annoy her at the same time. :lol: The best of both worlds, or something like that. :lol:

Heh, hence just one of the reasons why there are people who see D/L as being juvenile and immature from the beginning. It's rather amusing and kinda sad at the same time that TPTB first wrote Danny as a guy who always has a girlfriend on hand, doesn't mind chatting up women on the train and all that, and then abruptly changed him into some guy who doesn't know how to even show interest in someone without resorting to childish antics. Even more hilarious that TPTB had to resort to using other characters to push the ship too, multiple times! It was like TPTB felt the audience had to be reminded repeatedly that maybe something was going on, which already says a lot in itself. :lol:

PerfectAnomaly said:
Until TPTB inexplicably had Hawkes call her that and she said - with absolutely no emotion - that she missed being called the nickname.
Yeah, the total lack of emotion made that scene awkward. It was like she just didn't give a damn anymore, or was just thinking back to the past and realizing those days were over and she had to get over that too.

Actually, Lindsay one time (her first season I believe) said something to Sid about how she hated that Danny called her that and Sid said something like "He calls you that because he likes you" or "has a crush on you" or something to that effect. It's like the little boy in the school yard pulling the hair of the girl he likes. Same deal with the Montana thing. It was his way of showing her he liked her cause he didn't really know how to do it otherwise. :lol: So with that convo with Sid, it seemed they were trying to say that it was a romantic thing and a thing to annoy her at the same time. :lol: The best of both worlds, or something like that. :lol:

To me that's just childish and lame, not romantic.

And I don't think Lindsay said she hated it--she made some crack to Sid about Danny not calling her that because she was a fan of some football team or something like that, and that's when Sid came back with the crush comment. Either way, I'm glad Danny stopped calling her Montana because that was old back in second season.

I'd say it could depend on the actors guilds. If they manage to avoid a strike, then TPTB will probably be ahead of themselves with episodes, so they might start airing earlier. If there is a strike and they lose a lot of time over it, the premieres might be pushed back so as not to run out of eps.

That's a really good point, and likely is the reason the dates are just projected at this point. Let's hope there's no strike!

How awesome would it be if Hawkes worked a case alone and it was just him working with Flack and Adam? Bonus points if it's a quirky, complex and overall intriguing and amusing case.

I'd like to see Hawkes take charge of a case, instead of simply being in the background as he has been a lot recently. He's not just the rookie anymore, surely a promotion of some sort is overdue?

Also, I'd like to see Sid promoted to the titles!
Well in Officer Blue, Mac let Aidan work a case solo and she was the youngest and presumably newest member of the team. C'mon, TPTB, you KNOW Hawkes is a big boy now and deserves his own case.

I think Aiden was actually there before Danny. In "Heroes," Mac talks about how a young detective six years ago pushed him to do something, and that was Aiden. By that time, Danny had only been there four or five years... I could be wrong, though, but I think Aiden was there first.

I agree, though. Give Hawkes a solo!

I'm interested to see the Flack family dynamic... but I get the feeling he'll be more of disappointed older brother or aggravated older brother than worried older brother. I feel like he would think he was cleaning up his sibling's mess more than he's worried.

More Adam...:thumbsup: I like. :D

I don't like idea of Hawkes/Lindsay romance. But may be a developement of their friendship. Well I think Hawkes so often with mac. I like trio Hawkes/Lindsay/Danny in work together.

Yeah, I like the idea of a Hawkes/Lindsay friendship along the lines of the Pete/Chloe friendship on Smallville (except without the crush lol).

With the nickname Danny gave Lindsay, once she started not to mind the nickname as much, did you notice how Danny pretty much stopped calling her that? And he only called her that when he was kind of aggitated with her. For example, when she got mad at him for forgetting her birthday, I think he said something like "come on, Montana". :lol: but, when he was worried about her when she went undercover that time, he ran into the room calling "Lindsay!" instead of "Montana". :lol:

Somebody needs to make an icon of Hawkes and Lindsay with Hawkes saying, "I wouldn't hit it with a 10 foot pole." :lol: ;) I kid, I kid, but Hill did definitely say "no" when I asked him if Lindsay was the possible love interest.

And good observation about Danny cutting out the nickname once Lindsay actually started to like it, GregNickRyanFan. It kinda goes to show how Danny only is really interested when she's not being nice to him.

Yeah, Danny must like a challenge. :lol:

As for who could be Hawkes' love interest... I think they should get someone who is relatively well-known. I just hope it isn't someone over-played (for lack of a better term). I don't want it to go the Will & Grace route and do "stunt-casting". :lol: But, whoever becomes his love interest, I hope she treats him well cause he's such a sweet guy. :)

Well it was just an idea.:p But definitely i don't want D/L together despite of i feel sorry for some of the shippers (some of them are really nice people)
And i admit you are right: having Hawkes and Lindsay together only would increase the soap opera:rolleyes:. Even when i don't mind anymore that relationship because Melina has recovered her place and we have more Smacked i think it's better to come to a conclusion once for all.
On the other hand it would have been nice if since the beginning producers would have paired Hawkes and Lindsay together.

Anyway i hope his new love interest will be enjoyable:cool: (I still look for a new female buddy for Stella. She needs female advice;)

Debbie:)

Somebody needs to make an icon of Hawkes and Lindsay with Hawkes saying, "I wouldn't hit it with a 10 foot pole." :lol: ;) I kid, I kid, but Hill did definitely say "no" when I asked him if Lindsay was the possible love interest.

hitwithstickzy5.png

It had to be done, sorry. :lol:

Honestly, if they pair these two together the writers will be getting hit by a stick by me. :p I honestly wouldn't want Hawkes getting a love interest at all. What he needs is a nice good ol' storyline, which has nothing to do with love.

^ :lol: *saves the icon for further amusement*

It's a good thing that Lindsay is not on Shelosn's list. However, given the fact that the writers cannot write a decent storyline that involves love, I am truly afraid for poor Hawkes. I honestly can't see lapdog Hawkes, I cannot even imagine it. :lol: I strongly agree that all he needs is a "good ol' storyline" (thanks Shane) and a little bit of background info.

hitwithstickzy5.png

It had to be done, sorry. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's freakin' awesome! :lol:

Honestly, if they pair these two together the writers will be getting hit by a stick by me. :p I honestly wouldn't want Hawkes getting a love interest at all. What he needs is a nice good ol' storyline, which has nothing to do with love.

I do think the show needs to veer away from love interests a bit, but at the same time, poor Hawkes is the only one who hasn't gotten it on with anybody yet. So he's probably due. I'd like to see the rest of the characters involved in storylines that don't revolve around who they're sleeping with, though.

Yeah, we've seen D/L, Mac/Peyton, Stella/Frankie, Flack had some blonde with him one time when something happened in that building and it was pretty clear that they'd either slept together or were about to. :lol: They even showed Adam and Kendall going hot and heavy. With the exception of the married Sid, Hawkes is the only one who is a regular who has not been seen with a love scene. Poor guy. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back