Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they are making a mistake by introducing us DB's family because family is on his nature !! His character's description before the season started was 'DB is a family man' so I don't see any problem in that ! ;)
And DB is NOT Ray, he is 1000 times more interesting ! Ray was just boring and he was absolutely not charismatic ! ^^

Okay, I love DB, but why do we have to meet practically his whole family in his first season? We haven't even met anyone in Sara's family (excluding the mom-in-law) or Greg's family (excluding the you tube video of a cousin), we haven't seen anyone in Nick's family in years or Brass' for that matter. I'm just not seeing why we have to meet DB's whole family this soon. They didn't even make that mistake with Ray LOL. We didn't meet anyone in his family until his last season. I just fear by doing this, they will make some viewers turn against the character like they did with Ray (when Ray got too much screentime while the rest of the cast was pushed into the background according to some viewers) and if that happens, the ratings may start to sink again. They need to tread carefully IMO.

No secret that I agree with this. :) Although, I guess it didn't bother me back when Catherine's dad was on the show all the time, but it seemed to usually involve a case they were working on, not just showing up for the sake of....say...buying your adorable granddaughter ice cream. Still, if they had DB's wife show up all the time and always be involved in a case, that would be weird too, so...I don't know.

Additional info from CSI Files about the wife:
She grew up in a world of sailboats and stables and society pages. The apple of her banker father’s eye, Allison could have had any suitor she wanted. But always rebellious, she chose to turn her back on privilege, marrying the iconoclastic criminalist, D.B. Russell. She is the keeper of the hearth at home with an easy way about her that belies an iron will. She is the intellectual equal of her brilliant husband, the one woman who doesn’t just rule his heart, but rules his life.

No secret that I agree with this. :) Although, I guess it didn't bother me back when Catherine's dad was on the show all the time, but it seemed to usually involve a case they were working on, not just showing up for the sake of....say...buying your adorable granddaughter ice cream. Still, if they had DB's wife show up all the time and always be involved in a case, that would be weird too, so...I don't know.
*Bolding mine*
You forgot about the random in-law mention in the last episode. :lol:
It's almost become comical to me; turn it into a drinking game and laugh about it. That's become my way of dealing with it anyway. I have to admit, Smokey, I think of you everytime DB's family is mentioned. :)

I've begun looking at this as a season long family arc for DB, and maybe a way of explaining DB and Finn's non-romantic relationship. I just hope it doesn't bleed too much into next season.

I have to say, though, I love 'Roz' as Mrs. DB. :)
And, like GNRF, if they would just address the other characters' personal lives more, I'm sure I'd be more accepting of all the DB family stuff.

ETA: I forgot to answer MacsGirlMel; it is Grissom, of course. :)
Also, sorry to see DLA leave. I wish him good luck and good fortune in his future endeavors.

Last edited:
*Bolding mine*
You forgot about the random in-law mention in the last episode. :lol:
It's almost become comical to me; turn it into a drinking game and laugh about it. That's become my way of dealing with it anyway. I have to admit, Smokey, I think of you everytime DB's family is mentioned. :)

I've been trying to restrain myself! :lol: The "adorable" kid with the ice cream put me over the edge again tho. ;)

And I wonder, like Blackflag, about the finale with Hodges' mom and DB's wife, when the finale is going to have to do with McKeen. I'd rather see all of the focus on the old team that dealt with him, so hopefully these family bits will be small.

Do we have any idea who's signed for next season yet?
I know George Eads, Elisabeth Harnois, Lisa Shue, and Eric Szmanda are returning, but have we heard the statuses of the rest of the cast yet?

So far Ted Danson, Elisabeth Shue, Elisabeth Harnois, and Wallace Langham are the only ones to be formally announced:

A series regular on the hit CBS series "CSI," Langham recently closed a deal to continue on the show for two more seasons.

Do we have any idea who's signed for next season yet?
I know George Eads, Elisabeth Harnois, Lisa Shue, and Eric Szmanda are returning, but have we heard the statuses of the rest of the cast yet?

So far Ted Danson, Elisabeth Shue, Elisabeth Harnois, and Wallace Langham are the only ones to be formally announced:

A series regular on the hit CBS series "CSI," Langham recently closed a deal to continue on the show for two more seasons.

How do you know for Ted Danson ? Where did he annouced that he is coming back ? :)

From TV Guide Mega Buzz:
Excited to see Peri Gilpin as D.B. Russell's wife on CSI, but please tell me it's not going to be a love triangle between her and Finlay? — Shannon
ADAM: Rest easy, Shannon. Mrs. Russell is the only woman for D.B. "[He and Finlay] have a great working relationship, and there is a fire there. But for him the fire is all about the work," executive producer Don McGill says. However, Russell and Finlay will butt heads in the finale. "We have a murder case that is reminiscent of the case that got Finlay fired in Seattle," McGill says. "It dredges up deep feelings from the past between Finlay and Russell. Finlay is someone who has a tendency to, in her quest for justice, cross the line. We'll see whether Finlay has learned from the past."

Yep sounds like a finale all about Finn and DB. :rolleyes:

Yep sounds like a finale all about Finn and DB. :rolleyes:

Actually, I've heard that Nick will have a pretty big role in it as well and that whatever happens will put Nick's future as a CSI into question. And along with that, George has yet to sign on for next season.

BUT...I don't see this as bad news...yet. :lol: I'm glad he'll have a big part in the finale since it has to do with McKeen. And I'm ever hopeful about him returning next season. :)

Ugh, yeah not looking forward to DB/Finn stuff either

Then again I am so we can move on already

I got really curious after seeing the news of Jaclyn Smith returning for the finale. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Olivia goes as Ecklie's date to the campaign event for the Sheriff. Jeff Hunt shared this photo tonight (from the finale) and Smith is also posting photos on Facebook. Seems to have a bit of a "Formalities"/"Maid Man" vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back