Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some casting news...

'CSI' Taps 'Breakout Kings' Co-Star as Ted Danson's Daughter (Exclusive)

Brooke Nevin will guest star in the season finale of the veteran CBS procedural as Maya, one of D.B. Russell's four kids.

The Season 12 finale of CBS' CSI: Crime Scene Investigation will be a big family affair for Ted Danson's D.B. Russell.

The veteran procedural has tapped Breakout Kings co-star Brooke Nevin to play Maya, one of Russell's four kids, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

Nevin will guest star in the season finale playing the outdoorsy Seattle-type woman who will be accompanied by her daughter, Kaitlyn (to be played by Eastwick's Mia Hays) who are in town to visit her parents. Maya is one of four of D.B.'s kids, and will be the second to pop up on the series. Brandon Jones previously played D.B.'s son, Charlie Russell, in a pair of episodes and is expected to return in the hour.

Nevin, repped by InVision Artists Talent Management, Talent Works and Kritzer Levine, stars as Julianne "Jules" Simms on A&E's Breakout Kings.

The Season 12 finale, set to air Wednesday, May 9 at 10 p.m., will also feature Peri Gilpin's first appearance in her multiepisode arc as D.B.'s wife, Allison.

In addition, Jaclyn Smith will return for the season finale and reprise her role as Hodges' (Wallace Langham) long-mentioned but rarely seen pushy mother Olivia.

Nevin, Gilpin and Smith also join Conor O'Farrell, who will reprise his role as Undersheriff Jeffrey McKeen in the "Homecoming" episode.

In the hour, O'Farrell will resurface when a friend of the sheriff (Prison Break's Barbara Eve Harris) becomes a prime suspect in his wife's brutal murder and the investigation's political fallout reveals the truth behind D.B.'s troubled history with Finlay (Elisabeth Shue).

So they didn't give him five kids (they said four boys and then he mentioned a daughter), they just swapped a boy for a girl. At least he never said 'four boys' onscreen...continuity is hard enough with this show. (Sara's brother anyone?)

So they didn't give him five kids (they said four boys and then he mentioned a daughter), they just swapped a boy for a girl. At least he never said 'four boys' onscreen...continuity is hard enough with this show. (Sara's brother anyone?)

It has always been four kids, and it was mentioned in "Tell-Tale Hearts" that he had a daughter.

Doesn't really say anything more than what we already know but...

TV Line 2012 Finale Guide: CSI
May 9

What to Expect | The return of old foe Undersheriff Jeffrey McKeen (Conor O’Farrell) threatens the team, and Russell’s complicated history with Finlay (Elisabeth Shue) is exposed when a friend of the sheriff (Prison Break’s Barbara Eve Harris) is suspected of murdering his wife. Meanwhile, Russell gets a spouse of his own in Peri Gilpin (Fraiser, Make It or Break It), whose character, Allison, is described as “the intellectual equal of her brilliant husband, the one woman who doesn’t just rule his heart, but rules his life.” Jaclyn Smith rounds out the guest list when she reprises her role as Hodges’ mother.

Susan

Oh, I must have just misread something then. My bad.

I still wish they didn't always insist on end of season cliffhangers.

Never heard of her but that's not uncommon for CSI guest stars. Russel's granddaughter, Kaitlyn is being played by young actress/model Mia Hays (according to her official site).

Press release for Dune and Gloom.

A BOMB KILLS AN OFF-ROAD RACE TRUCK DRIVER MID-RACE, SENDING THE CSI TEAM TO THE SITE TO INVESTIGATE, ON “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” WEDNESDAY, MAY 2

CHEAT TWEET: Off-road racing is dangerous in the first place without bombs going off mid-race. #CSI 5/2 10pm ET/PT LINK

“Dune and Gloom” – When a bomb kills an off-road race truck driver mid-race, the CSI team is called on the scene to investigate why, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Wednesday, May 2 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
Elisabeth Shue (Julie Finlay)
George Eads (Nick Stokes)
Paul Guilfoyle (Captain Jim Brass)
Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle)
Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders)
Robert David Hall (Dr. Robbins)
David Berman (David Phillips)
Wallace Langham (Hodges)
Elisabeth Harnois (Morgan Brody)

GUEST CAST:

Marc Vann (Conrad Ecklie)
Alex Carter (Detective Vartann)
Jon Wellner (Henry Andrews)
Paula Marshall (Ms. Kathy Veck)
Zabryna Guevara (Dr. Amy Berkman)
William Francis McGuire (Bo Martin)
Jon Collin Barclay (Jimmy Delton)
Michael Stoyanov (Radio Broadcaster)
Ryan Ahern (Jack Breslin)
H. Richard Greene (Art Weber)
Dustin Seavey (Clive Morris)
Daryl Crittenden (Lyle Pratt)

DIRECTED BY: Jeffrey Hunt
WRITTEN BY: Tom Mularz

Susan

Last edited:
There are only two episodes left to air and there's about five weeks left of the season. Looks like they're saving the last ones for Sweeps period.

There are only two episodes left to air and there's about five weeks left of the season. Looks like they're saving the last ones for Sweeps period.

Two? I thought there were three left. I thought we would get a new episode next week and then two new ones in May? There's only two left? :sigh: It seems like the season just started. Hard to believe its almost over already.

They probably got carried away with the new guy...I love the family stuff myself, but if they don't want a lot of fans to start being unhappy, they shouldn't forget the established cast either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back