Your Top 5 Fictional Characters?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by MiamiDade, Dec 20, 2006.

1. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I don't think there has been a thread like this, so I thought it might be fun. If you had to name your Top 5 favourite fictional characters of all time (chosen from TV shows, movies, books, plays, or anywhere in the world of fiction), who would they be? :)

You may choose a CSI character if you wish, but maybe only one per list, so this doesn't become too CSI related in a non-CSI Forum. ;)

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

1. Abby Lockhart (ER).
    I just love her character, so funny, and well, you have to admit, Maura Tierney (who plays her very well) is pretty!
    2. Gregory House (House MD)
    He's frikkin' funny!
    3. Sara Sidle (CSI)
    Her character has developed so beautifully. Sara has her ups and downs and I just love that.
    4. James Bond (James Bond)
    Well, what can I say about James Bond? I just love James.
    5. Mia Wallace (Pulp Fiction).
    I love Pulp Fiction and Uma Thurman has played Mia so well.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

1 Spock (Star Trek TOS) - It is only logical.
    2 Bond, James Bond - Can take out Jack Bauer and not mess up his hair or spill his martini.
    3 Sherlock Holmes - Elementary, my dear MiamiDude.
    4 Clark Kent - What a Super character he is.
    5 Bruce Wayne - A bit batty, but cool.

4. SaraStar

SaraStar Pathologist

1. Sara Sidle in CSI. I've always loved her, since the first time I watched CSI. She's just so cool and I can relate to her in some ways. And of course because Jorja Fox does such an amazing job in playing her.

(I really wanna add Greg here, too, but one per list, so...)

2. Abby Lockhart in ER. She's just cool and seems to always know what to say.

3. John Carter in ER. I especially liked him in the beginning of ER, because he always made a fool of himself and just made me laugh so much. In later seasons I loved him together with Abby. It sucks they're no longer together.

4. Seth Cohen in The OC. Because he's such a geek and so cute. He always makes me laugh.

5. Kirsten Cohen in The OC. Because she's such a caring mother, even though she has her own problems. And I admire Kelly Rowan's acting so much.

5. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

1. Gil Grissom - CSI
    - He is just so mellow. He doesn't care what anyone thinks about him. He has humour too, he will always slide in a joke here and there.

2. Gregory House - House MD
    - Who cannot like House! I mean, I love him so much! He is so funny, and he can get very serious if he wants to.

3. Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
    - I mean, c'mon, it's Luke Skywalker!

4. Chandler - Friends
    - How can you not love Chandler! He is so funny! I honesly would marry him!

5. Ross - Friends
    - His sarcastic attitude is so funny, and he is just priceless, and his facial expressions.. oh dear!

6. softballgirl22

softballgirl22 Witness

1. Sam Seaborn- West Wing
    -he's smart, funny, and very cute.

2. Ainsley Hayes-West Wing
    -It's Ainsley. That's all that needs to be said.

3. James Bond
    -He's yummy and strong and he's James Bond.

4. Kevin Walker-Brothers and Sisters
    -I want a man like Kevin... except straight. He's caring and funny and intelligent and pretty good looking.

5. Ari Gold- Entourage
    -He is hilarious. I love listening to him.

7. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Oh nice topic :)

1. Capt. Jack Sparrow [Pirates of the Carribean]
    - Really funny and eccentric in a cute way... I totally love him.

2. Nick Stokes [CSI]
    - The perfect tv boyfriend-- hot, romantic, smart...

3. Taylor Townsend [The O.C.]
    - She's making Season 4 the best so far, for me at least.

4. Don Flack [CSI:NY]
    - Hottest cop ever, and a snarky one at that.

5. Addison Montgomery [Grey's Anatomy]
    - I just love her. Beautiful, intelligent, and she seems like the type I'd want for a close friend.

*If we're talking about ensembles, it would be the casts of CSI and Friends for me.*

8. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

1. Chandler Bing - Friends
    - Really like the way his character developed throughout the seasons, from kind of very insecure but funny to a loving husband.

2. Dr. Mark Greene - ER
    - Really liked his character, I thought he was the best ER doctor and he was very strong throughout the cancer and always put his family first.

3. Greg Sanders - CSI
    - I like the way he's gone from the lab out to the field and grown up at the same time as staying funny. Plus he's very cute and has all the funniest lines. And all round seems like the prefect guy :lol:

4. Dr. Susan Lewis - ER
    - Just because i thought she was a really good ER doctor, had good storylines (especially the one with Mark) and also brought some humour to the show.

5. Joey Tribbianni - Friends
    - Purely for the hilarity of everything he did and said.

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Oh, that's a hard one. If I were to name some off the top of my head right now, I'd say...

1. Luke Skywalker, my childhood crush. Still love that character, even though everybody else like Han Solo!

2. Bruce Wayne/Batman- Just the coolest, most mysterious hero ever. I've always loved his whole dark, tortured image.

3. Aragorn- Tolkien's or Peter Jackson's version; either way, just a fantastically cool character.

4. Mark Darcy- Jane Austen made an arrogant ass incredibly appealing. I've pretty much loved him in every incarnation I've seen.

5. Riddick, particularly in Pitch Black. Just the coolest, baddest dude ever.

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

let me try this
    just one from CSI

not to be the same as everyone else

Catherine Willows (CSI)- after watching her for several seasons I realize she and I are alot alike and I like that :D

Luka Kovjac (ER)- Talk about a HOT DOC!!! (I hope I spelled his name right :eek: )

McDreamy [Derrick Sheppard] (Grey's Anatomy)
    he's gorgeous, slightly funny and just full of him self enough to be totally good at his job, wouldn't you want him to be operating on your brain????

Joey Tribiani/Phoebe Buffet (Friends)-- they made the show worth watching the last few seasons

Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)--what can one say about the infamous Jack Sparrow ??

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Narrowing it down to just five, huh?

1. Idgie Threadgoode - Fried Green Tomatoes. A tough chick with a big heart.

2. Samantha Stephens - Bewitched. She tried so hard to give up her powers for her husband, but had just enough mischief in her to make things interesting.

3. Nikita - La Femme Nikita. A trained killer who still wouldn't give up her heart.

4. Martin Riggs - Lethal Weapon series. Such a funny and interesting character who always seems to find himself in some kind of trouble.

5. can't decide between two Marg characters: Catherine Willows of CSI or K.C. of China Beach. Both characters are sexy, steely, smart and sassy. Catherine shows more emotions, but K.C. still had a heart and it got her into trouble at times.

12. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Love the thread, great idea MiamiDade! :)

1. Catherine Willows (CSI). There's something powerful about her that I can't really explain.

2. Cristina Yang (Grey's Anatomy). She's funny and silly and she cracks me up! :lol:

3. Monica Geller-Bing (Friends). She's so temperamental. She's not too funny on Friends, but still my favourite character of all the time.

4. Gina Tribbiani (Joey). The dumb, irresponsable and sluttish mother. Don't ask why, but she's love.

5. Phoebe Buffay (Friends). She is dumb and weird. That's why I love her =D

Edited to change #5. I was taking shower and thinking about this thread when Phoebs popped in my mind :D

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

1. Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates Of Caribbean) - Do I need to explain? :lol: Regardless that I fancy the pants of Johnny Depp, I really love Jack, such a great character. I love his quirks.

2. Chandler Bing(Friends) - The funniest character in a sit TV sit-com ever. I just love his sarcasm

3. Ryan Wolfe(CSI Miami) - I'm a big fan of the Wolfe man, for probably every reason someone would dislike him. :lol:

4. Samantha Jones (Sex And The City) - Because I wish I had her outlook in life. She is the most amazing character in every single way possible. I love her to bits.

5. Phoebe Buffay(Friends) - I love her because she is wired. :lol:

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Horatio Caine (CSI: Miami)
    --Because he cares about people.

Benton Fraser (Due South)
    --Mounties always get their man, plus not bad on the eyes.

Abby Lockhart (ER)
    --I just like the character.

Clark Griswold (National Lampoons Vactions)
    --Because all the guy wants is to have fun and be with his family.

Gregory House (House)
    --Sarcastic, arrogant, self-centered, and obsessive. But hey if I was sick, I would want him.

15. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

-Ari Goldfrom entourage - he is the reason i love entourage oh so much, one of my fave shows ever.and i just love the piv
    -Ross Gellar from friends - hes just so funny, and the leather pants episode best thing on tv ever.
    -Lucas from empire records - its rory cochrane his and hes awesome. its my fave character in that whole movie, the whole monotone way of speaking and the sarcasticness is just great. and he call pull off a ceasar haircut and turtle neck
    -Xander Harris from Buffy - i just love his dorkyness, so much so i stole his cool name and totally plan on naming my 1st born son Xander.