Your Screen Name: What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sirea, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Basically what the subject line says, where did your screen name come from? Did you make it up, get it from a TV show or a band? People with a CSI character in their name need not answer this question :p

Mine's pretty simple. It's "Aeris" spelled backwards. That'd be Aeris Gainsborough, from the video game Final Fantasy VII :) By the way, it's pronounced like the country "Syria", because I say so :p

2. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

My screen name is 'quoth the raven' from Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven. It's my name on a lot of other websites, and I love the poem :p

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Sirea... you like FF games :eek: *huggles*

4. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

^ :lol: Who doesn't like FF games, Ducky? :p

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^Indeed :D Tho since I'm more Nintendo person so I have got up only to to FF IX

My screenname doesn't really mean anything. Except that I am bit "wacko". There's a story behind it and there's "da" just because.... it sounds cooler :lol:

6. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Hmmm, it is a shortened version of my name (Catherine). It is also a small, furry feline with tendancies to be spoilt with cat nip, kitty kibble and cookies. :D

M
    O
    Q

^Altho, i have a bit of a stubby tail there. :D

7. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Jayne is my name
    Emily is one of my sister's name (who used to be a member here too (Ylime) but I think she only posted twice or so)
    Realm is because we used to live in our own made-up world.. it was rather schizophrenic and very pretty :)

8. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

OMG,you were as that girls of "Heavenly Creatures".... :eek: :lol:

I think I've posted this before,anyway,"hormiga" is the Spanish for "ant",you know,there are many eps involving ants,Grissom's an entomologist and I joined this forum after watching "Grave danger" where Nick was in that coffin about to be eaten by ants... ;)

9. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

Everybody here thinks I´m female if he/she reads about me first. But I´m still a he. Don´t need to explain my name.

Praise Aiden :D

10. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

I love Final Fantasy too but I only played FF8. I love Rinoa.

I got my name out of thin air. I was thinking of a name and suddenly the word 'zippy' floated through my mind and so the rest is history.

11. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

me *runs*

my name is heartagram69 coz heartagram is the symbol for my fave band (HIM, c in av) and 69 coz, well yeah. and its my email and stuff too

12. lane

lane Police Officer

I was eating chocolate alphabets biscuit one day and I took out a handful and played with them on the table. It came out as "Lane85".
    I took out the 85 and became lane.
    I found my true destiny in life that very same day....from the chocolate alphabet biscuits.
    Seriously I just used the username because it was easy to remember and had four letters in it.

13. scoj

scoj CSI Level One

scoj is my nickname at school and what my mates call me. it started off with my eldest brother many years ago, lol then my other brother took the nickname on, then my sister and now i have it so its kinda a family thing. i have no idea why scoj though its not a play on my last name or anything. hmmm ill have to find that out....

14. Macayla

Macayla Captain

Well I like the name Makayla, and because I love CSI:NY I made it MACayla... because of Mac :p

15. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

iwantboromir is what I use just about everywhere. I came up with the name a long time ago when I joined Sean Bean chat groups. Boromir is Sean Bean in Fellowship of the Rings and I WANT him. Easy as that! [​IMG]