You know you're growing up when...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Seren_y_Gogledd, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^ROFL! :lol:

- When you write notes for yourself and then lose them the moment you're done. I'm still trying to figure out how that happens.
    - When you misplace things that happen to be right in front of your eyes.
    - When you start thinking about the long-run, and everything you do depends on the long-run.

2. althea

althea Lab Technician

I just realized this morning but almost all of my friends are married and have children. Our idea of getting together is now accompanied by the pitter patter of little feet.

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

- When you watch television and tell yourself that the program was better when you were younger
    - When you misplace your glasses and they're on the top of your head
    - When you misplace your shoes and they're in the first place you look

4. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

- When you don't know any single song that's in the Top 10
    - When you're allowed to stay out as long as you want to and suddenly don't want to stay out late anymore
    - When getting pissed every weekend isn't your idea of a perfect weekend anymore
    - When you exchange "Do you remember...?"s with your 18yr old sister or with your friends
    - When you're actually interested in what your parents tell you
    - When you atch the news together with your parents
    - When you go to a disco and rather be in the "Hits from the 80s and 90s" room instead of the main dancefloor with the super hits of today
    - When you wash and iron your laundry yourself

ah there's so much more... I'm feeling really old now ^^

5. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

-...you spend your day b!tching about money

-...you spend your day at the garage trying to get them to fix your car (My current life story...)

-...your summer is ruined by news of dead schoolmates from drink drinking and speeding accidents

-...your babysitting and the kids tell you that the younger babysitter they had last week was way cooler

-...you can watch those horror films you always wanted to when you were younger but you don't want to

-...you can't go on that skiing trip with your friends as you spent all of your money on your cats vet fees...

6. chazcatz

chazcatz Victim

I know I'm growing up when...

> I chat with my students (age 6-11), and I'm not sure I understand what they talking about.
    > I wearing a cutie, pink hair pin, and my friend said ' You look queer with it '
    > Every times when I read my bills.
    > Every times when I woke up and think about take a day off to sleep... and I reality I can't do that because I'm not a student anymore.
    > I joined a chatroom and I discover I'm the oldest one.
    > I receive two invitation cards for weddings at 1 month.

(OK I'm just 23 years old so I'm growing up but I'm not old! -- I always said to myself)

7. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

-Before my dad died he said he didn't want any one to cry at his memorial service. It was so hard when they played Taps. But I kept my promise and didn't cry. For once I really felt like an adult.
    -When real life becomes a reality.
    -When you find yourself swearing at the doctor bills.
    -When you go to the grocery store and cringe when you are given the total.
    -When you realize time is flying by and your running behind.

8. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

- When one of your main focuses is trying to decide on what course you wanna do in univesity/college, and you are trying to decide what job you wanna do for the rest of your life.
    - When you find yourself talking about when you were 'young' and wishing you were a child again.
    - When all too often you forget to do something that was really important, because your memory isn't quite what it used to be.
    - When your bank balance just keeps getting loweer and lower and you really don't know where all the money is going to.

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

A friend of mine says that my memory is so bad that I forgot what I had for breakfast this morning. I respond that it is so bad... (Audience: HOW BAD IS IT?) It is so bad that I forgot to EAT breakfast this morning.

10. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I know this has probably been said, but it made me think 'man i'm growing up' yesterday, when i was at work, a woman just said to her kid, "give the lady your money now". And i was just like lady? normally it was give the girl the money, or young lady, buy now.. I was just like :( i'm 20 so technically i am not the girl, lol but still, i felt old.

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ I was 17 when one woman said to her kids "be careful that lady doesn't step on your fingers when you sit there" - I was mad :p

12. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

^^ I work with a catering service and the people you serve call you 'Madam' or 'the lady' all the time. It took me weeks to get over that :lol:

-I'm turning 22 tomorrow and this morning this kid from uni told me with a straight face: "Wow, 22.. That's like almost a quarter of a century!" :wtf:

13. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Hahaha, that actually made me giggle, almost a quarter of a century... which means, I'm a fifth of a century old, man, get the pension ready..

14. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Man I really do feel like I'm getting old though, so many of these apply to me. I have a few more though.

When you go to the prom as a chaperone.
    When they lawyer fees you're paying have nothing to do with a traffic violation.
    When you haven't had a ticket in years.
    When you say "I remember when you were still in diapers" to a friend/relative's kid.
    When you can drive eight hours in one sitting, alone, without stressing about it.
    When you don't have to choose between your wants and needs anymore the needs already won.
    When you only watch three hours of television a week. (Guess which three!)
    When you pick up a wedding planning magizine instead of the latest issue of your favorite celebrity gossip mag.
    When your favorite actor/actress becaomes a grandparent.

Yes... all of the above apply to me

Yey for being old.

15. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

-When the noise you hear coming out of a car is actually considered music. :p