You know you're growing up when...

When Christmas is no longer about what presents you're going to get, but how much time you're going to spend cooking (seriously, I get the presents out of the way before November because planning dinner is WAY harder than shopping). This is the point where you realise why your mum always seemed so grouchy on Christmas afternoon.

I know what you mean about not counting birthdays too - also, they stop meaning anything because you now realise you're not suddenly a whole year older when you wake up, just a few hours older than you were the night before.

-when you talk about politics with your friends
-when you refer to people younger then you as "kid"
-When you start wanting to have a kid
-when you watch soap opera's with your mother
-when you wake up you automatically think about what vitamins to take
-when you dread going out because it will take an effort to leave..lol
-when you start saving money for things you actually need
-when you watch the news and actually understand it all
-when you talk about the problems of the country after class with friends
-when you argue who will make a better president and be amused by it
just a few and mind you I'm 7 months shy of 18 lol and I've done most of these give or take a few.

future_cop said:
-when you watch soap opera's [with your mother]
[...]
[...]

I did all of that when I was 13. Does that mean I was already grown up back then? :p

future_cop said:
-when you watch soap opera's [with your mother]
[...]
[...]
I did all of that when I was 13. Does that mean I was already grown up back then? :p

lol you know could be.

You know your growing up when all you think about is the things that have to be paid and worry you have enough money to pay the bills.:guffaw:

Umm...you know you're growing up when you actually start watching the news. Before it was just because parents changed the channel. Now I'm actually caring about what else is going on in the world. :eek: I want to be four again!

Although I'm young..

when you think of some things about realtionships,people and life in general from a more mature eye.

when sometimes you don't find funny some thingspeople your age do.

^Haha :lol:

Sometimes I wonder too - my dad watches more TV than I do. So maybe there's some kind of parabolic relationship there. You watch less and less and suddenly you're watching more and more. :p

Aargh, had a new one recently:

When you can't sleep, so you buy yourself a relaxation CD, listen to it but still can't sleep because you're worried you won't hear if the smoke alarm goes off.

When you start watching your diet! I used to have take away meals every single day always accompanied by a sprite or fanta grape:lol: Nowadays I limit myself to two fast food meals a week and I drink lots of water and green tea. How sad huh?:(

You wear woollyhat through the winter and not just when it hits below -20c or any other wintery clothing and are shocked when seeing teens without hats and wearing the springcoats.

- When money becomes an issue and you actually have to think about it.

- When your mates talk about a night out and all you can do is think of excuses why not or the hangover you're bound to have in the morning.

Oh my word, this list depressing me, I only 16, and quite a few things apply to me already...

- When you find yourself writing little notes to yourself to help you remember things...
- When you go out 'for coffee' with your friends, rather than going to the mall.
- When you are find yourself discussing politics with your friends, rather than what you did at the weekend.
- When you get a new gadget and have great difficulty in working out how to use it.
- When someone points at some, and you can't see what they are talking about.

(All of these apply to me, which is kinda depressing...)

- When you think about what to do with your money rather thn spending them on useless thing or sweets!
- (Like Steffi) when you write little notes for yourself and are still finding them weeks later :lol:
- When you no longer need parents to tell you what to do! (or dont do what they say lol)
- When relationships/sex can be spoken about with out the old, 'eww' or giggles!
- When boys can once again be seen as friends like they were when you were too young to understand.

Back