You Know You're Addicted To (insert actor name here) When...

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by quoth_the_raven, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I had seen these threads on other boards and I figured why not have them here in the forums on TalkCSI? :p Of course, as always, mods, if there is a thread similar to this one, feel free to lock it. I didn't see any though so I thought I'd start one. This also includes the actor's characters, but it couldn't fit in the title, so :lol:

I had an entire list of (guess who :rolleyes:) Jorja already, so I'll post those up to get things rolling :p

You know you're addicted to Jorja/Sara when...

~ You're posting in this thread :eek:
    ~ When you find out you and Jorja share the same birthday you run through the house telling anyone you can find
    ~ When you sit through Food for the Heart strictly for the Jorja-scenes :rolleyes:
    ~ When you giggle every time you see a Heineken commercial *is guilty*
    ~ When even your parents know Jorja's name
    ~ When you buy Memento even though Jorja's only in it for like 5 minutes
    ~ When your MSN username is "jorjafoxluv" ;)
    ~ When you start making promotional "Jorja 4 Prez" graphics :D
    ~ When you regret the moment you got those damned braces
    ~ When you scout and/or buy magazines specifically for the Jorja articles/cut-outs (Curve, anyone?)
    ~ You suddenly start finding yourself frequenting your neighborhood Starbucks more often
    ~ You yell at the TV screen like Sara will magically talk back to you
    ~ You get pissed off when you discover Sara is the tiniest figure on the DVD boxes (and season five, what was up with that stupid mist?)
    ~ You suddenly decide that anytime you wear jeans a t-shirt, you're sexy as hell
    ~ You just decide to write her name all over everything (cursive is fun)
    ~ When your older sibling(s) badmouths her just to piss you off *shakes fist*
    ~ When you suddenly start questioning how straight you really are... :devil:
    ~ Every time you see a Prius on the road you have to look... just incase.
    ~ When the layout of your blog/myspace is Jorjafied
    ~ Speaking of which, Jorjafied is a word. At least in your mind.
    ~ You start thinking of stupid catchphrases to stick on bumperstickers-- "A little Jorja a day keeps the doctor away."
    ~ You avoid lavender perfumes. Go for the oils.
    ~ You snicker whenever someone misspells her name (ie Georgia, Sarah Sidel)
    ~ You wonder why Photobucket is so stingy on the photo capacity. "I've reached 1000, what the heck? It was just a few of my favorite pictures!"
    ~ You search eBay for pics
    ~ You may up words using her name ("Jorjeous", "Jorjalicious"... "Jorgasm" :eek:)
    ~ You think John Mayer's "Why Georgia" should be rennamed to "Why Jorja"
    ~ You have a sudden obsession with blue eyeshadow
    ~ You just don't wear any makeup at all!
    ~ You're staring at the TV screen for a minute and realize all along that Sara's hairstyle is the way yours has been for years, so you convince yourself she thought it was so cool she took it from you
    ~ When you make Jorja's "veggie pizza"
    ~ When you totally think Jorja should have been higher up on afterellen's Hot 100 list.
    ~ When you change the title of the song "Georgia On My Mind" to "Jorja On My Mind" on your iPod
    ~ When your location on websites is "On that midnight train to Jorja!"
    ~ Suddenly, your stubbornness becomes sexy
    ~ When you saw the preview for The Prestige and when it says 'From the director of Memento' you don't think of how good a movie it was. You think of Jorja.
    ~ When you purposely avoid episodes that don't have Sara in them *hmph!*
    ~ Satellite is on your playlist of 25 Most Played Songs
    ~ When you fall out of your computer chair because you hear someone say "Jorja Fox"
    ~ When you think Jorja Fox should rule the world
    ~ When you printed out a short sheet of paper that reads "No wonder the sharks are pissed" and stick it on your wall and whenever someone asks what it means you just smile to yourself... :p
    ~ You live nowhere near water but suddenly decide you should take up surfing
    ~ WWJD stands for "What would Jorja do"
    ~ You think Sara Sidle should be a spokeswoman for feminism
    ~ When you make a list as long as this one
    ~ You watch "I Love The Seventies" looking for the moments Jorja's on them EVEN though you have the clips on your computer
    ~ When your mom buys you the new issue of TV Guide because Grissom and Sara are on the cover but you've already read the article online
    ~ You look for the infamous "Sara sunglasses" from BTK pt 2
    ~ Orange is your new favorite color
    ~ You want to actually bake and send Jorja a slice of humble pie
    ~ When you think it's awesome that your name is "Ann" and Jorja's full name is Jorja-An Fox and your middle name is "Marie" which is the middle name primarily given to Sara in fanfics :rolleyes:
    ~ You take someone aside in Guitar Center and tell them that playing Stairway To Heaven' to try out a new guitar isn't that cool (haven't done this but I totally would :p)
    ~ She even makes lung cancer look cool
    ~ Everytime you hear Brown-Eyed Girl by Van Morrison, guess who you think of?
    ~ You check SciFi every now and then looking for Velocity Trap (even though you own it)
    ~ On your Christmas and birthday wishlists, you always add "Jorja"
    ~ Jorja Fox Online is the site you visit for news. Forget CNN.

2. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

- When you manage to add something else to that long list

- When the number of Jorja pics on your computer has reached over 3000

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Re: You Know You're Addicted To (insert actor name here) Whe

You know you're addicted to George Eads/Nick Stokes when

-you see a vehicle from Texas and think that you'd like to go to Texas on your holidays
    -you get home from work the first thing you do is check to see what is happening in the Ward
    -you keep checking on line to see if Just A Walk In the Park is out on DVD

4. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

When you compare EVERYONE to David Hodges, quote him constantly and see him doing naughty things in your head

5. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

you know you're addicted to jorja fox when
    you read this thread, agree w/ or totally wish you could agree w/ everything on the list , and then resolve to make a list of your own reasons at that place they call school today. you also resolve to become a much better jorja fan, because quoththeraven has "knowledge i know not"
    my list will be up later, not nearly as impressive as yours rav, but i now aspire to be a fan equivalent to yourself!

JORJA POWER

6. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

You Know You're Addicted To Billy When...

- You see a boxer dog and you compare it to Bruno.
    - You know that his dog is called Bruno
    - You have looked at photos of Billy at award shows so much that you've developed a crush on his wife.
    - You love the fact that your brother and him share the same name.
    - You see someone with a beer belly, and think that it isn't as sexy as Billy's.
    - (similar to quoths ;)) You check the WPAP for updates everyday.
    - If they've updated you have a furry fit and save every photo to your photobucket. (Quoth you've got to just open another account. :p)
    - The only thing that gets you out of bed in the morning is to check on here.
    - Someone says something about astronauts and you think that Grissom was named after an astronaut.
    - You've emailed TV channels (Don't know what you call them) to ask them to play more Billy movies...then proceed to have a chat with the SkyONE guy. :rolleyes:
    - You cry when your Gunshy dvd doesn't work. (It plays, but it's all jumpy. :()
    - You vow to go and see Billy in theatre next time.
    - You've contemplated writing to the RSC to ask them to invite Billy. They've got Ian McKellen at the moment, what's wrong with asking Billy. I'd love to see him in tights...
    - You've never seen a game of baseball and yet you support the Chicago Cubs.
    - You're insanely jealous of GrissomFREAK when she gets to see TLADILA on the big ;) ;) screen.
    - You think about emailing your own cinema.
    - You're moving to uni in 9 days, you're most worried that there won't be very good internet connection. What if Billy's on ET and you can't watch youtube clips?!! Oh the horror.
    - ^That wasn't sarcasm.

I'm sure I'll think of some more. :lol:

7. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

:lol: Glad I could help inspire another fan to become as crazed and obsessive as I am :p

egg, I actually just had to make a sub-album inside the album because I had reached 1,000 :lol: I know, shocked me too :rolleyes:

- If Sara dies, you die.
    ^ That wasn't sarcasm either :rolleyes: :lol:

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

ok, I'll start with Billy/Grissom

You know you're addicted to ....

-you dream about them (him in this case) you know you all have done it
    -You stare endlessly at his picture and wonder if someone put lipstick on his lips or are they naturally that color. :eek:
    -you write endless fics about his character Grissom and YOU as his love interest
    -are insanely jealous of Jorja Fox (she is his onscreen love interest) and Billy's wife Gina.
    I saw recent pics of them in Paris, so cute. :D
    -your dad asks you if you still have a crush on William Petersen ( I have been married for almost 15 years mind you ;) ) and your answer is still YES, OF COURSE
    -although my PB isn't that full, most of it is filled with Grissom/Billy pics and such.
    -you search late night TV schedules to see when one of Billy's movies will be on
    -you really do prefer the baseball cap to the straw hat ;)
    -you want Billy to grow his beard back :p *sigh*
    one more
    -you are jealous of the fact that Billy kissed Marg Helgenberger TWICE and it's not you :rolleyes:

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

If there was one its probably long gone in the clean up that was done along time ago. This is fine as long as it stays PG13 and under.

The only other request that we might have go one character/actor at a time, if you have a list for Sara and then Warrick, they can be done in separate posts (post Sara first wait for someone to post after 24 hrs later and then post Warrick) which makes it easier for us and you all.

10. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Oh how did I know you were going to slap that PG-13-o-meter on us? :lol: No worries, thanks for that Destiny, we all shall try and restrain ourselves ;) :p

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

You are welcome and if we didn't slap the meter on y'all then you would think we are slipping. :lol:

12. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

You know you're addicted to Billy Petersen when:

*You can't see peanut butter without thinking about Grissom eating it in "Butterflied"
    *You scour Ebay daily looking for his more elusive films and have bought 13 of his films and the 6 seasons of CSI in the past 4 months.
    *You have changed your sound defaults on your computer so that now Billy greets you with "Tell me exactly what you want me to do to you, for you, with you" when the computer boots up. His voice gives you error messages of, "And I'm looking for one." "A screw" "Yes" And when you turn off your computer, you hear Billy say, Come on. I'll take you home"
    *Your sons think you've gone a little over the edge because you only watch Billy films or CSI and they say that you are obsessed. Who me? ;)
    *You have over 2000 pictures of Billy on your computer, and you only started your collection 4 months ago.
    *You NEED to have your Billy picture fix every morning to be able to function properly.
    *When you see someone with blue eyes you compare them to how blue Billy's eyes are.
    *You only read CSI fanfic where Gil is one of the main characters. And you really don't care who Gil is paired with, as long as Gil's in it.

I'll probably come up with more, but that's it for now.

13. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

OMG how could I forget that I did that! :lol: When I click ok or open a new window, Billy says 'ok.' I love it, I haven't got bored yet either. :rolleyes:

14. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

You know you're obsessed with Jorja Fox when:
    -you become a vegetarian for a number of reasons, the main one being that Jorja has been one for twenty years.
    -you spend hours online looking at videos of her, reading interviews she's given, looking at her website and websites about her, and looking at pictures of her
    -you wish you lived near a beach so you could learn how to surf.
    -you wish you lived in LA or Las Vegas so you could be near her and run into randomly ...
    -you dream that you and Jorja are best friends and get really pissed when you wake up.
    -you dream that you and jorja are more than friends and get really really pissed/confused when you wake up
    -you think of jorja everytime you smoke a cigarette
    -you think that smoking said cigarette will make you sound like her, or help you be skinny like her (no kidding, these thoughts go through my mind)
    -you stand like her, sometimes on purpose, sometimes w/out thinking about it
    -you make similar faces to her when you're thinking or smiling, sometimes on purpose, alot of times not
    -you watch reruns of CSI and skip over most of the scenes that don't have Sara...
    -...and get really mad when an episode has no sara or like one scene of sara...grrr
    -you watch all the clips you can find from her television, movie, and other appearances,
    -you wish you had a job so you could buy the freaking csi dvds, and all of jorja's movies... or that your MOTHER would buy them for you...
    -you feel really sad that you have yet to be able to actually see any of the movies she's been in.
    -you leave messages like "SAVE SARA" or GSR" in random places, like the local craft store w/ wodden letters, or in the dust on one of the shelves in your eye doctor's office.
    -you almost mispell the state "Georgia" in us history, and again on this post
    -you listen to satellite multiple times a day and get pissed off when your ipod messes up and yuou can't listen to it away from home.
    -you realize that you may have a crush on her, even though you're straight...right?
    -you sing dreamer's holiday in teh shower because Jorja sang it in the Young Bachelor's Club (food for the heart)
    -you get your hair cut, and take pride in teh fact that it kind of looks like jorja's has on occassion
    -you wish your hair was brown, and naturally curly, your legs were endless, you had a gap in your teeht, you had a cute button nose, long gorgeous neck, silky freckled skin...
    -yep, I'm crushing..
    -you make this list instead of taking notes in US histroy
    -you analyze her body language in pictures and shows and movies to try to determine her sexual orientation. though you love her no matter what.
    -"never say never" makes you smile
    -one of your favorite quotes is "make love not war. because if people were having more sex they'd be less inclined to be violent." (something along those lines, interview w/ jorja and i think playboy, i couldn't find it again to cite it properly.
    -you make it your goal to be able to agree with most if not all of quoth_the_raven's list
    ... i actually wish i could come up w/ more
    maybe later
    i compiled this all day friday during school! very proud of myself.

jorja fox rox

ps, gilsgal, how do you get your computer to do that. i'd love to hear jorja, and billy's voice on my computer!

15. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

Wow, so many of these apply to me. Especially "you realize that you may have a crush on her, even though you're straight...right?" that one. I've got a few too

You know you're addicted to Jorja when:
    -You threaten to chop off your friend's head when she says Jorja looks ugly in that picture
    -You watch ER in french, which you can't understand, just so you can see her in a few scenes
    -You blush whenever someone says her name
    -You search "Jorja Fox" on youtube and watch everything that has her in it
    -You start thinking everyone looks like her
    -you think that maybe you're bisexual, because there's no way you can be completely straight, but you also like guys, so you aren't gay either
    -you go to the Jorja pic thread and snag every single photo
    -you spend hours trying to work up the courage to 'comment' on her website
    - you get these random urges to write *heart* Jorja or *heart* Sara in your binder, but realise in time that those are for school, and your teachers/ classmates don't need to know how weird you are
    - You put pictures of her as your MSN display pictures
    - you decide that if CBS fires her, then she's too good to be wasting her time with them
    - you're heartbroken when you find out that she smokes, because you thought she was against that sort of stuff
    - You start quoting her in random situations in every day life

Ok, so maybe that was more than a few, but a lot of them were ones you guys kind of said already. Plus, I've been needing to say this stuff for a loong time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.