"World's End" Discussion *SPOILERS*

That is a great episode. It's not the most entertaining episode but the subject matter is definitely very interesting: 1994 Rwanda Genocide. I'm not aware it happened until this episode.

It reminds me of CSI: NY episode "Yarhzeit" last season. Both have the same plot but the NY version is darker and more dramatic because it tackles about the Holocaust. It is one of the best NY episode and I recommend it for you to watch if you're not familiar with the show.

I like the funny moments of Brass with Mrs. Becker and Greg with the skinny suspect. Haha! It's either Greg can't read or the suspect can't spell. :lol:

I was expecting a heavy Catherine episode, though. I don't know if we can have another one this season a la "If I had Hammer".

I like it . 9/10

Last edited:
I like the funny moments of Brass with Mrs. Becker and Greg with the skinny suspect. Haha! It's either Greg can't read or the suspect can't spell. :lol:

I was expecting a heavy Catherine episode, though. I don't know if we can have another one this season a la "If I had Hammer".

I like it . 9/10

Those two moments for Brass and Greg were probably my favorites of the whole episode. Brass: "He's... um... he's with Jesus now." :guffaw:

And I think it not being a Catherine episode is whats turning me off of it. It wasn't really anyone's episode. But I was looking forward to a Cath ep and the fell short of delivering.

I don't have much time to reply, but man I loved this one. It was nice to finally see Lindsey again, and man has Kay Panabaker grown up.

I loved the little nostalgic feeling we got in this one, from Down the Drain to Lady Heather's Box. I was half expecting Warrick to come catch Cath as she stumbled up the storm drain or Eddie to come interrupt the play. Loved SuperDave in the drain, and Catherine telling him to suck it up. :lol:

Loved the few Cath/Lindsey scenes we got. Lindsey doesn't get to see her mom's working side much, so when Catherine snapped at her, at first I was like "well darn!" But she has to be stern. The ending was sweet, with her looking all proud. <3

LMAO When Marg was doing her lines at the start, and it was raining, I was like "Why is she yelling?!" It just seemed she was talking awful loud to me...

Greg seems to be Mr. Grumpy Pants lately. Just enough Ray. Love seeing more of Officer Mitchell, he's a fave. Good ep all together. May add more later when I'm not rushing out the door.

I also think this wasn't very Catherine heavy since we got a good Cath-centric episode in The Panty Sniffer. Also with mentions of Lindsey going to USC...

And Geeno, I agree with you about the NY episode "Yarhzeit" while watching this one. That was a great NY episode. I could see where they were trying to go with this one, but the NY one was more heartfelt to me. More emotional.

Perhaps that's what was missing. I got a lack of emotion about the genocide Laurent was involved in. Even from Greg. Cath was the only person that spoke up about it besides Ray and said that Laurent had killed more people than the team had EVER brought to justice.

I did get lots of references to previous seasons and episodes. Everything from Doc's line about "live hard, die young and leave a good looking (in this episode's case, a bad looking) corpse to the Lady Heather's Box feel to yea, Down the Drain.

PraetorCorvinus, you are good with episode names, what was that line from? :lol:

Brass: "He's... um... he's with Jesus now." :guffaw:

:lol: on his line and his facial expression!

LMAO When Marg was doing her lines at the start, and it was raining, I was like "Why is she yelling?!" It just seemed she was talking awful loud to me...

:lol: She used to speak softly. Maybe she thought her voice wasn't loud enough so she yelled. :lol:

And Geeno, I agree with you about the NY episode "Yarhzeit" while watching this one. That was a great NY episode. I could see where they were trying to go with this one, but the NY one was more heartfelt to me. More emotional.

Thank you, ladyhunter. This is what I thought, too. I can't say "World's End" is predictable, but since the plot is somehow familiar to me, then maybe, sort of.

Nice to see Lindsay! It's been a year since her latest appearance on "Let It Bleed". I'm glad she looks like a good girl, doing great at school and not a brat she used to be.

Last edited:
Hubby and I both thought this was a great episode. It had all the earmarks of being yet another "white supremacist gone badder" story but developed instead into a really engaging character study of someone trying to do the right thing. I liked that it wasn't an angst-filled episode dwelling solely on the relationship between Cath and her daughter, but touched on it, focusing instead on people with waaay bigger problems. It wasn't all about Lindsey (yet of course she thought it was). Really good cutting back and forth between the musical and the action. This season has been a bit uneven, but this episode was a good'un!

I swear, though, Vegas has had more rain during the run of this show than the real Vegas has seen in the past 20 or 30 years!

Last edited:
I too was expecting an episode more focused on Catherine but it was a good episode regardless.Catherine is a supportive mother and at the same time very professional.Brass was his usual self and I liked the interactions between Greg and Nick.The case was pretty good for me becouse I never suspected Laurent.9/10 in my case.

Just because I am removing the tack from this thread, doesn't mean the discussions should end. :) Please feel free to continue....

I'm excited for this re-run! From what I remember not many were thrilled with this episode but I was! We finally get to see Lindsey and some interaction with her and Sara. Can't wait :)

Great episode great watching it again. The poor kid in the drain, because he found out the real idenity of that Rawanda fake. And Nick "I'm optimisitic" yes you are, that's why we love you. All of them, and the interogation with him Brass and Ray, with him questioning the guy, Ray w/ those exotic intense eyes. Sara, Greg, Cath the whole team. But Cath's daughter, a disappointment. Couldn't dance or sing very good. and I just liked the original Lindsay. But it was intense finding out the real culprit~

But Cath's daughter, a disappointment. Couldn't dance or sing very good. and I just liked the original Lindsay.

You have to remember that this is supposed to be a high school play/musical, not a professional production.

I think Kay Panabaker did a great job with the performance. Her singing reminded me of Natasha Richardson's Broadway performance of Cabaret. Isn't the character, Sally Bowles, supposed to be a "washed up" singer?

I suppose I was comparing her to Liza Minnelli, in "Cabaret" who blew this performance out ot the water. NO one to me has ever done this song better:bolian: What ever happend to the original Lindsay? she looked just like her mom, and was an extrodinary actress?

Agree with Desertwind and kaylyne. I miss the old Lindsey but I LOVE Kay Panabaker. She did remind me of Natasha Richardson. Perfect for a HS show. This episode had me rent "Cabaret" :)

Back