"Working Stiffs" Discussion *SPOILERS*

I can't imagine Ray ever being violent, he's too calm, cool and collected

I agree that he's calm, cool, and collected, but it's always the ones you don't suspect that are always the guilty ones. I couldn't imagine it either, but that's the key. How many times do you hear a killer's neighbor saying: "I can't believe he did it." "He was so quiet, a great neighbor." "I can't believe he would do something like this."

Having Ray being a killer would be so unlike CSI and maybe that would be a good thing. You wouldn't expect it.

ETA: And why are the CTV promos better than the CBS ones? It is so annoying! :scream:

Last edited:

I agree that he's calm, cool, and collected, but it's always the ones you don't suspect that are always the guilty ones. I couldn't imagine it either, but that's the key. How many times do you hear a killer's neighbor saying: "I can't believe he did it." "He was so quiet, a great neighbor." "I can't believe he would do something like this."

Having Ray being a killer would be so unlike CSI and maybe that would be a good thing. You wouldn't expect it.

I'm wondering if there is more to the "My father killed people too" line. And then when he said, "Show me you're not like your father". It's almost like Ray wants to prove somehow that HE isn't like HIS father, for whatever reason.

I'm wondering if there is more to the "My father killed people too" line. And then when he said, "Show me you're not like your father". It's almost like Ray wants to prove somehow that HE isn't like HIS father, for whatever reason.

Ooooh, good point! Hmmm, maybe that killer gene does exist. :bolian:

Well, you know how they say a child of an alcoholic has a greater chance of becoming an alcoholic themselves? I wonder if the same can be said for the child of a killer?

Good question, its probable possible after all happens to other type of criminals I wouldn't see why it couldn't be the same for serial killers. Probably has to do a bit with how said person was raised too.

Something like ninety-eight percent of my neighbors are quiet, decent people. Does this mean that I'm in grave danger on all sides? Your statement has some really big logical holes.
LaSquisita

:lol:I actually have a creepy neighbor everyone thinks is "nice' but I've heard him yell at his poor dog, and he creeps me out, so I'm careful to stay clear of him. But I can't beleive the PTB would go this route with this newbie, It would be way out in left field.:confused: I really can't see Dr. Langston as a killer in any way shape or form. He was apalled at that serial killer when he was teaching and he met Grissom. A far stretch I think, but one never knows with this show:vulcan:I hope not:(

I agree with Desert...I mean she's not saying that there's an axe murderer around every corner, she's just saying that the guilty ones are always the last ones that you expect.

Something like ninety-eight percent of my neighbors are quiet, decent people. Does this mean that I'm in grave danger on all sides? Your statement has some really big logical holes.
LaSquisita

There's no big logical holes. Watch the news, when the interview the neighbors they always say things like that. I didn't say all people are like that, just when it comes to serial killing, it's the one's you don't suspect, that end up being the guilty party.

I didn't say everyone who's quiet, decent people are killers, just when the killer is found, neighbors and people who know the person, describe them that way. Countless times I've heard on the news or in books about serial killers and they've all been described that way.

Just because Langston is calm, cool, collected doesn't mean he couldn't be a serial killer, even if he didn't like the other one. The do put up a facade. Besides, Langston already killer, whether self-defense or not he has not killed someone and it doesn't bother him.

Oh, that quote you quoted LaSquisita was from me, not Desert_Ghoul

To add to what Speedy was saying: Serial Killers often lead a double life and that includes a different personality type for each part of their lives. They are very good at hiding it. This is why no one suspects them of doing such a thing and is also why everyone always says "oh they were quiet, kept to themselves" or "they were so nice, its so hard to believe they could do such a thing". Remember BTK? He was a church going family man by day and vicious serial killer by night.

That is true that freakshow Garrido, who kidnapped that little girl and held her captive for 18 years, however everyone who met him said he was "weird" and I don't think anyone thinks Langston is "weird". I think that just isn't part of this particular scenerio. He once again was furious at that serial killer and if he is, boy he's a better actor than I ever imagined:confused:

Hehe cute clip. Loved how Hodges moved away and did that nervous hand behind his head thing when Greg walked in. :lol: Wonder what that was about. Funny how they flipped Greg's line in the promo. In the promo they played that "terrorism" line first and then the "that's disturbing" when it's actually said the other way around. :lol:

Yeah they did flip his lines around in the promo. Weird.
I wondered what that was about with Hodges stepping away when Greg came in. Maybe he is finally starting to actually respect Greg's position on the team. Just a thought.

Back