Winter Sports World Championships

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Woohoo! Another gold :D Virpi is my hero :D I hope he wins the 30km :D

I laughed when Sachenbacher got ahead of Jacobsen :D i'm glad that happens to someone else, too, not just Finns :p

Men's 15km was so weird yesterday :rolleyes: Berger is a biathlon dude! Just hoped that Finns would have got number 40 or smaller and they could have gotten medal or so :D And Austria almost got a medal! :eek: And the guy who became 2nd. he was forced to go to Sapporo :lol: Because he is 19, his main goal was junior world championships, but he was forced to go Sapporo so Belarus gets team to the men's relay :lol:

2. inge

inge CSI Level Two

^yep, our guy finished 4th. :(
    I hate 4th places, but who doesn't?

Nordic Combined: aw, poor Felix. :(
    He won nothing and this was his last World Championship and in the past he always won a medal.

but Austria won a medal today. third place in ski jumping.
    I think I heard DaWacko's scream till Austria. :lol:
    Adam was great today. :eek:

Tomorrow last event, but no realistic chance for my country.

3. Ducky

^I was just more happy that they didn't win. I was happy for Adam. He is such a great jumper. And they have Finnish coach... actually... half of there are Finnish. WE have FInnish coach (doh) then Norway, Japan, Poland has Finnish coach and... is it Slovenia? yeah... and then there was 6th country as well. And old nordic combined guy, Jari Mantila, takes care of the skis of Russians :D

We also got gold yesterday :D I was so happy! Virpi is my hero! Too bad Aikku (Saarinen) was (again) 4th :( Virpi tried to slow two norwegians so Aikku would catch them but damn commentator there on the stadium realised it and said it loud so norwegians realised it too :(

Today... DAMN! I hoped Norway wouldn't win gold anymore because we would have won the medal ...list but nooo... Hjelmeset won. And damn Estil, who was like... tired was 2nd. I hope Germany makes a protest :D When Hjelmeset broke his ski, the change was made in a wrong way, forbidden way :D

4. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Austria had also a Finnish coach long, long time ago.
    Kalle has a Coach from Austria. :lol:

Austria won two medals: Gold and bronze and both from ski jumping.
    I'm sad that our Nordic Combined didn't win a medal and they had in every competition the fourth place.
    I will miss Felix Gottwald, he's such a nice and honest guy.

Today was a great day for my Alpine skiing team.
    Götschl won and Hosp finished second
    Matt won and Raich finished second.
    (BTW; I'm glad that Matt won)
    and....... Bode Miller finished a Slalom race and he got some points... wow, let's celebrate. :p

5. Ducky

Ah yes, Kojonkoski (who is now coach for Norway) was in Austria before he came back to FInland (where he was before he went to Norway) And then 6th country btw is France :D

6. inge

inge CSI Level Two

world championships are over, I hope it's ok to talk about the normal world cup here. :D

Alpine skiing: after three hours of waiting I finally saw the downhill race (and no, I didn't spent the whole three hours in front of my TV, I had luck to catch the race).
    In the end it was a very exciting race. Cuche won and I'm happy that the Swiss ski team is now better than in the last few seasons. Michael Walchhofer finishes fourth. He was the best Austrian. oh yes, the dominance is over.
    Woman's race: Tanja won her first race. Congrats. Austria finished second, third and fourth. I should be angry at Tanja. Nah, kidding. :p

Nordic Combined: Felix Gottwald finished second and I'm happy for him.

Ski jumping: our only victory today. :lol:
    Ok, today it was not such a clear victory, but nearly 20 points is still great. It's amazing, it doesn't matter who is in the team.

7. Ducky

If Tanja wins last race in Giant Slalom, she wins that world cup :D I only saw results in sports news, because well.. obviously since we have Nordic Combined, skiing and ski jumping in Lahti this weekend, those steal biggest part :p

OMG, we were like... 3rd in ski jumping :D

And Hannu is still leading in Nordic Combined :D I was also happy that Felix did so well.. now that he is old and doesn't win everything with Steher, I can like him :p

Hannu didn't like Hurricane sprint. He said "I don't like this at all. Heavy man like me, it needs time to warm up" because in that mode they take their place and they cannot move at all :rolleyes: And he is probably 20kg heavier than any other :p (he weights 84kg)

Virpi won yesterday and now it's sure she wins the world cup :D She's still my hero. It's great!

8. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Today was also a great day for the Austrian Ski team.

Alpine skiing: Schild won and Grugger won.
    Raich and Svindal didn't finish their race. now, should Raich be happy that Svindal DNF or should Svindal be happy that Raich DNF too. :lol:

and maybe Raich and Shild could win the World Cup. :rolleyes:

Ski jumping: Second! :D But what happened to Morgenstern, Schlierenzauer and Jacobson? :eek: I didn't see it. I know Lathi can be mean sometimes.

Anyway, the season is over soon. :(

9. Ducky

Yeah, Lahti is probably one of the worst hills :lol: I mean, they had to put that huge net there because the wind was sooooo bad :D

Our jumpers suck this season :D

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

poor Janne is the lonely fighter. :D
    He's constantly top ten.

Adam won again! I think he will win the nordic tournament.
    but Kofler is closely behind him. :D

The Alpine World Cup will be over this week and I can't see the races during the week because I have to work. :(

11. inge

inge CSI Level Two

sorry for double post. :(

Today was Super G.
    Svindal won again. I think he will win the World Cup. Benni is ill, I'm sure he will use it as an excuse. :rolleyes:
    Bode won the Super G world cup. at least he won something this season and as every year he says he will retire. :rolleyes:

It was also Fritz Strobl's last race. :(
    I will miss him. I so wanted to see him as Mozart skiing his last race. :lol:
    I love it when the guys to do something like that. I remembmr that a skiier from Norway wore a smoking in his last race and Michael von Grünigen wore historical equipment.
    Strobl was dressed up as Mozart because he was in a commercial where you see him recording a (stupid) song and the first line is:
    Ich bin der Mozart der Mausefalle

12. Ducky

Svindal has done well now :eek: I have to say I really don't watch SuperG or ...that other fast thingie because Finns are not there :p

13. inge

inge CSI Level Two

wow today was an exciting ski day.
    Marlies didn't finish her race, Benni (her bf) didn't finish the race.
    I think that Hosp and Svindal will win the big world cup.
    Schild is better in Slalom than Giant Slalom.
    Raich is better in Slalom than Svindal, but he has to win the race and Svindal isn't allowed to win a lot of points.

Blardone was very, very angry. :rolleyes:
    poor Kalle, he could have win the giant slalom world cup.
    but he smiled though. :)
    Bode finished third. I think this was one of the few races where he didn't make a big mistake in the second run.
    I wonder if he finishes slalom tomorrow. :lol:

and Austria won the team competition yesterday! ;)
    without Matt, Raich, Hosp and Schild.