Winter Sports World Championships

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Damn, I was about to start this one already last week when there was biathlon going on. Oh well...

So now there's Alpine skiing WC, then comes Cross-country and skijumping AND nordic combined.

Biathlon...shooting is exciting. And our woman did quite well :D

Alpine skiing. HAven't reall watched those big events, tho of course heard that in women Pärsson already has three golds. I'm sorry but I cheered when she went out in giant slalom 2nd run :p and I can't believe I liked that Hosp won :eek: just so a Swede wouldn't win (Pietilä-Holmner) :lol:

on Friday is women's slalom and I hope Tanja does better :D And then of course there's men's giant slalom and slalom :D

Yayness!

2. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Finally!
    Thank you so much! I wanted to write you or wibble a PM to open such a thread, but I forgot or..
    doesn't matter, now we have one

And a second Finally!
    Austria has the first gold medal! *phew*
    Hosp was really great.
    The downhill race was so embarrassing. :rolleyes:
    I couldn't believe it.
    Svindal deserved it, he was good.
    I was so sad for Walchhofer, I like him.
    and Bode Miller... What is he doing?
    I don't think that he will win a medal this year.

and I can't wait for the nordic world championship.
    ski jumping!!!
    Teenie attack from Austria. :lol:

3. Ducky

^I was seriosuly thinking this thread during the biathlon, but since I've been busy - I kept forgetting. And its' rather nice to combine all World Champs :p

I was happy that old fart Svindal won :p I'm sorry, but I have a feeling that Austrians have won... bit too much :p

I wonder how Kalle will do today :D

Ski jumping :eek: Oh Schlierenzauer is annoying! Ok fine, not as bad as Morgenstern.. Morgestern must be pissed off now that Austria has new "teen star" that gets all attention :p

I think Uhrmann will do well... and I hope Janne does :D

4. inge

inge CSI Level Two

^ I think you can never win too much. :p
    and they will strike back. (hopefully...)

Giant Slalom: Am I dreaming? This was soo bad. I was working and I didn't see the race. after my lunch break, I searched the net for the result and I couldn't believe my eyes. :eek:
    bad, bad day for Austria. :(
    and for Bode too. It looked good after the first run, but what the hell did he this time?

Hm, I feel bad for Kalle too. I read that he's a father of a little girl now. congrats! :D

Svindal is great. Now he won a speed discipline and a technical discipline.

Tomorrow is Slalom. I hope that Hosp and Schild will do better than their male collegues.

Ski jumping. IMO Schlierenzauer is a nice guy and I'm not saying it because he's Austrian. You know, you share the same b-day with him? ;)
    I like Janne too.

I was so shocked about the Finnish performance at the last team competition. Then I heard that it was only the B-team.

So many people and teams could win the competitions.
    :eek:

Look forward to it.

5. Ducky

BWHAHAHA, Anja didn't win yesterday :D I am so glad Zahrobska won! If only Jelusic would have gotten medal as well!

Tanja did so bad :mad: Hope men will do better today!

6. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Woman Slalom:
    Schild annoys me. She can't loose, she always cries when she doesn't win. :rolleyes:
    A silver medal isn't that bad, is it?
    and she won more medals than her boyfriend, Raich. :lol:

Men Slalom:
    GOLD! I'm so happy for Mario Matt. It wasn't easy for him in the past. He won Kitzbühel (with nr 42) and other traditional races, gold in 2001 and then he was injured a long time, had problems with his equipment and so on.
    This year he had also a lot of bad luck and today he won again. :D
    and he's such a nice guy.

a lot of people had bad luck today. :(

Tomorrow is the last competition.
    Hm, Austria could win, but the others are also strong.
    Sweden for example, Switzerland, Italy.
    The USA won't have a chance.
    Kildow and Miller are injured. Mancuso already left Aare.

7. Ducky

I kinda wanted Mölgg to win :p Because Austrians have won so much and I started to hate them in Torino :p Ah well, the main point was that Benny doesn't win :lol: :lol:

How hard that track was! only 39 from 70 got track thru in 1st round :eek: and it wasn't much on 2nd round either. Kalle failed :( Meh, sucky games. Must be because those are in Sweden :p

Kalle said before slalom that if all Swedes stay behind him, then it has gone well :lol: And I amrude and always cheered when a Swede fell :D Myhrer and..what was the other guy.

Sweden is very strong in team competition, if they stay on track. WE have team too :D Four different guys in Men's and only two in women's :p

Norway may do well :eek: Even Svindal failed yesterday, they had three guys in top 10 :eek:

8. inge

inge CSI Level Two

:lol: that's true. don't like him very much. *hides from other Austrians here*
    once he was a nice guy, but IMO he changed.

:p
    Hm, I don't think that such a thing like Torino will happen in the near future again.
    for example, Salt Lake 2002. the ski jumpers won nothing.
    It could happen again this year. *knocks on wood* hopefully not.
    and our dominance in skiing is in some disciplines over. Strobl, Maier, Walchhofer and Götschl are over 30. Eberharter retired long time ago. (I miss him) Yes, we have a few young guys, but I don't see a new Maier or Eberharter coming.

Today:
    GOLD!!!! :p :p
    They were good. was surprised that Kirchgasser won her Super G run. and they can really act as a team. suprise, surprise... ugh, Benni and Marlies kissed. :rolleyes:
    felt a little bit sorry for Switzerland. I didn't expect that Berthod didn't finish his run. He was so good in Super G.

I liked the second woman, I think her name is Sanni.
    was surprised that Kalle failed. :(

you mean Byggmark? This guy has an attitude problem IMO. He has a bigh mouth.

The US team was so disappointing They only finished two runs. :eek:
    even Ted Ligetty failed.

Austria finished with 9 medals (3-3-3).

9. Ducky

We did well in that Alpine skiing team event :eek: If only Pellinen and Sandell stayed on track :mad: :mad:

Anyways, now it's Nordic events :D Two gold medals today and bronze yesterday! Especially that Hannu won, he has been so unlucky in past Olympics, World championships and this was his first personal medal :D and gold! Poor him even cried in finish :D We cheered so much!

Other cheering has been when Swedes and Norwegians have fell :p Yesterday in women's spring when Nordgren fell... today when Larsson fell TWICE and then Norway once :lol: :lol:

It's cruel :p

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Austria: zero medals.... :(

Congrats to Manninen! :D
    He's great and I'm happy for him (belive it or not ;))
    Didn't see it (had to work) and stupid time zones. :rolleyes:

but I would have been happier, if Gottwald had won a medal too. I'm a little bit dissappointed, because during the last few years he always won a medal.
    Hm, maybe in the team competition.

Tomorrow is ski jumping!!!! *is excited* :D
    but there are soo many people who could win...
    I want at least one medal for Austria, color doesn't matter.
    It's always important to win the first medal, then everything is easier for the others.

11. Ducky

:D Another medal! I was so glad that Harri was 2nd :D Even gold was so close! It wouldn't have been so bad if he lost by 2pts or something but 0.2 :rolleyes: Oh well, I didn't think Simon's jump was worth the 19 pts :rolleyes: AND OMFG! :eek: Janne smiled! A lot! Even he was 2nd :D

As for Austrians, I ...still don't like them... if Koch or Kofler are 2nd or 3rd...not big deal aslong as Morgernstern and Schilierenzauer are not there :p

I am actually glad that Jacobsen and Schlierenzauer didn't do well... puts them back to their place :D I mean, most of those who have "win it all" when they've been really young, they've come down with the same speed.

Toni Nieminen was 16, when he won two gold in Albertville 1992 and after 1993 he was old star. Ammann won in Salt Lake City 2002 two gold and look, took 5 years before he got to the top.

Same went with Pettersen and Peterka.

12. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Congrats to the winners. :)

still no medal.... :(
    I hope your dislike is only limited to certain athletes and not the whole country.

you're right, some of them can't cope with all of this. From one day to another they are the darlings of their nations or in case of failure a lot of criticism follows.
    Same went with Andreas Goldberger.
    He was the star, he won (nearly) everything, then he met the false friends and everything went down.
    He came back, but he changed.

I'm always a little bit surprised that a lot of ski jumpers only dominate one or two season. Jakob Janda for example.

and Janne smiled? :eek:
    wow, too bad I missed the second run. I thought it will start later.

Look at the result: Austria didn't win a medal, but as a team they were strong. :D
    and in the end Schlierenzauer was better than Jacobsen. :p

another thing: were are the others?
    I mean, it's not that I don't enjoy talking to you DaWacko (even if you don't like people from Austria ;)), but it's a little bit lonly here.
    I can't believe that no one else is interested in these kinds of sport.

13. Ducky

I know... CSIri would be, but I don't think she visits the board anymore :p

Another gold :D I think the order what Finns had was great. Anssi keeping the position and that +50secons, then Janne perhaps losing it but then Jaakko staying with that German guy and then Hannu kicking ass :D
    And *sigh* Jaakko is sooo cute :D <3

It's been so hard... I woke up at 3:30 to see the ski jumping of Nordic Combined, then I slept an hour and woke up for women's skiing then slept 40mins and now watched skiing in Nordic combined :p

I actually now hoped that Gottwald would have kicked some Moan's ass in the end :rolleyes: In this event, Austria before Norway :p

I think in ski jumping team event Austria will win. I mean you have Schlierenzauer, Kofler, Koch and Morgernstern. They are all so tough. We have Olli and Ahonen... then Lappi may do ok and then Hautamäki who always gives up middle of the jump and has probably never ever had "good feeling" before the jumps :rolleyes: Man I hate his attitude.

OMG Olli was so sweet yesterday when they were on podium... :D He didn't know where to look and I guess was moved since he was looking left and right and left and right and left and right :lol:

14. inge

inge CSI Level Two

today sadness and joy in the Austrian team.

:( : forth places are always bad and sad. I felt so sorry for Gottwald, because I hoped he will win one last medall. He wants to retire after this season. :(
    I'm sure Hannu and Moan are really sad about that. :p
    He has still one last chance.
    I didn't see this event, I didn't want to get up so early or stay awake the whole night.

:D : GOLD!!!
    wow, I was so nervous during the whole competition and surprised that Loitzl was the fourth and not Koch. or Loitz instead of Schlierenzauer. I was especially nervous during Schlierenzauers jumps. He isn't so good here and our coach was also soo nervous. He and Innauer are always so funny to watch. :lol:
    I'm happy for Japan, it's always nice to win at home.

I really felt bad for your team. They had so much bad luck with the wind and I don't want to be Lappi right now.

I mean it's really 'funny'. both teams win gold ( :D) and finished fourth. ( :()

15. Ducky

Oh Lappi got so bad wind during the 1st jump :( Olli was so great after 2nd jump :lol: (meh, I hate that dude has another finnish first name as last name :p )

I am also happy for Japan :D And for Norway... I am only happy for Roar because he is only Norwegian I like :p

And I seriously hate Matti. He is so friggin grumpy and already his "I'll suck" attitude will take 15 metres off :mad: He probably ends his career (hopefully, I'm tired to look at his shitty face!)

Tomorrow no games... :D