Windows XP Validation issues

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GregNickRyanFan, Aug 25, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I too hope that I can get it cleared up soon.

I did some googling on it and all I got where a bunch of different so-called solutions that involved deleting something off my computer at the same time as ending some kind of process on the task window thingy or something like that and it just left me feeling :confused: This would only get the nag message to go away though... it wouldn't validate my software.

2. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, found out that the software was genuine, but that microsoft expired the validation code that I had or something (sounds like a money scheme to me- the recession is making everyone nuts me thinks lol). So, I think I'm gonna wait till 7 comes out and just upgrade to that (it won't be the day it comes out I'm sure it'll be weeks later lol), but in the meantime, if anyone knows how I can get this message to stop popping up and to stop removing my background, please let me know. :lol: The way I heard it on a site when I googled the issue did nothing but confuse me. :lol:

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

For the record..I hate Vista!

4. GregNickRyanFan

I got the message off of the desktop. Now my background stays put. :D My brother's friend helped me out with it. :)

5. GregNickRyanFan

Got another windows issue. Does anyone know how to keep it from doing the automatic restart when it updates windows software? I mean, I have it set to where it gives me that little yellow shield that I have to click in order to download updates, but still it updates things on its own and then restarts my computer without warning (if I'm in the other room at the time).

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I don't know if you can turn that off....sometimes I come back to my laptop and it's been restarted over night. Have you checked the manual or the help box?

7. LadyTaylor

LadyTaylor Dead on Arrival

Honey, look in your PC;s Control Panel, Automatic Updates and choose "Notify me but dont automatically download or install them". If there are updates availiable, it will let you know and the computer will install them when you turn off (and even there you'll have the chance to turn off yor computer without installing anything).

But be careful, cause if you had those validation issues, it may mean that your operative system was legit, but other Microsoft software (like Office) was not, and that is why you had those WGA/OGA Validation problems. The XP Updates database have their own ways to know if your complementary softwares are original or not (they basically mess into your computer and find out about you and your machine).

How i miss the Windows 3.1 days....

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  8. GregNickRyanFan

Thank you, LadyTaylor. :) I guess I just never clicked on the right thing. :lol: All I saw was the way it was automatically set. :lol: