William Petersen Reveals Reasons For Wanting To Leave 'CSI'

Re: William Petersen Reveals Reasons For Wanting To Leave 'C

Time #5,891 -- that Billy has made a threat to leave the show.

^^ :lol:

i hope that he stays true to form then, lets keep the numbers going! :lol:

abc, you crack me up! did you really count?... ;)

Ah, but now that his contract is coming up, it's not really a threat, is it. In fact, he's given the fans plenty of time to prepare. You might even say that he's a very considerate man. :)

It's sad that he's going to leave but it's really admirable that he has given us fans time to adjust to the news. It really is understandable and I sympathize.

IMO I think he wants a break from it more than leave. I prefer that Billy was in half or two thirds of the eppy’s than none at all or maybe I'm just in denial ;)

Hopefully TPTB can work this out

Although if Billy does leave, I wish him all the best

*cries*

Okay, I'm better, now. (I have to mop up my keyboard, though)

I keep hearing that he wants to leave the show, but I'll believe it when I see it...
I rather see him in only a few scenes an ep, rather than him leaving the show all together.

CSI_Grissom said:
^^ :lol:

i hope that he stays true to form then, lets keep the numbers going! :lol:

abc, you crack me up! did you really count?... ;)

Ok, I'm sorry. It was 5,890 . :D

This the problem with television shows, when they start the actors are okay with it because is a job. The problem comes when the shows lasts what many didn't expected for it to last. At this point is the network fault. IF IT WERE EASIER TO LET ACTORS DO OTHER SIDE PROJECTS, THEN THEY WOULDN'T BE THINKING OF LEAVING THE SHOW.

I think William is homesick of this and wants a chance to display what else he can before he becomes type cast when he tries out for other roles.

TINLVWOCSI said:
I think William is homesick of this and wants a chance to display what else he can before he becomes type cast when he tries out for other roles.

Somewhere I read that after he finished CSI, he wanted to focus mainly on theater, and not TV/Movies. So I'm not sure that's the case.

Hey csinut- I cried as well when I read this- was depressed all day the next day at work- :( :( :( but then my daughter said "mom, that's good news he'll make movies" and that's a good thing-"-- and theater-tee-hee=hee- :D'Macbeth" in tights :p and it just look's like it might be true- if you've just bought a new home- and his contract is up in 2007 and he's 53-and doesn't want to be called "Grissom" the rest of his life- move on Billy- wherever you go I'll follow your career ;) :lol:what ever makes you happy- ;)

Thanks, DESERTWIND, I feel better about it now :)

Man, I really like Grissom. At first when CSI kicked off from Season One I was not a big fan but over the episodes and seasons, I've fallen in love with him.

It's sad to see him go but it can always be for the best. It's been seven years (wow, time really flies) and so it's understandable to want to go to do something else for a change.

I hope when Grissom leaves that they'll make his exit a good one because he more than deserves it.

Grissom is deffinately not my favorite character but CSI without him, that would be weird. They will have to promote another member of the team to take his place and it would be weird seeing any of them in Gris' position. If he has to leave I hope the producers can keep the show at the same level of excellence.

I have to say the man has a valid point so many years in the same role must get tireing and i think it is good that he wants to be a good husband obviously his love for the theatre hasnt faded and that is true for every actor + actress its where many of them start. I also think its good he isnt gooing to dissapear instantly but appear less and less. Good luck Billy whatever you do ;)

I hope that he'll stay on 'part-time' instead of leaving altogether. Grissom holds the team together, things will definitely be shaken up if he leaves. I hope Catherine gets his job instead of bringing a new character in though. Because no replacement for Grissom can ever escape the shadow of the original. They might come up with a great character and a great actor, but all we'd see is how he/she is not like Grissom.

Back