Why is This? Your Theories

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Clarrisani, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

I think Nick is a bit.. impatient? And I dont think they would gel well on a case together.
    Or maybe Gris doesnt think Greg isnt as experienced enough as the rest and trusts him more with one of the others. Who knows?
    Or perhaps Gris doesnt think they will get the job done if they are together.. I dont know. :)

2. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

The same here, Serenity. Besides the fact, in interviews, Eric has mentioned George as one of his best friends.

Exactly. This is what happened on stage, at 2005 SAG Awards:

George and Eric

at 2005 SAG Awards

*goes back to The Fort* :D

3. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

Isn’t the idea of finding an ‘in show’ explanation as to why Nick and Greg aren’t given solo cases to work together kind of ridiculous, since this is a TV show with fictional characters and especially because it has never actually been addressed by the characters, leaving you with no real basis on which to speculate about possible in show explanations.

Are we forgetting just how serious what these people do for a living is. It would take years to learn the innumerable amount of information and scientific and analytical procedures and countless other ins and outs of the job that you’d have to know to be really proficient at such a complicated job. Greg’s only been a CSI for, what, 2 years; I’ll bet he’s competent but ‘great CSI’…come off it.

Here’s a theory (with actual evidence to back it up). Maybe Grissom just keeps them apart because of all the mistakes Nick’s made on the job (a good number if I recall correctly). Maybe Grissom doesn’t want to put Greg with Nick because he just doesn’t think Nick’s up to it.

4. Alien_from_mars

I pretty much agree with you, I just dont think they would gel well on the job, gris may think he is risking something putting them together.

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm sorry I got you ticked off. I know it three years ago. I did not said that, what I meant to said, someone said on other board, that Greg made too many mistake. I said to myself, what's mistake? I just rolled my eyes at them.

Can CSI make mistake? I guess this person think CSI shouldn't make mistake like that. I said to myself, You think CSI to be perfect or what.

I couldn't care less if Greg is in the lab or in the field, along he make funny joke after he done working. He does a good job with CSI, Thanks to Nick.

6. loki

loki Lab Technician

Wasn't Fannysmackin' the first time Greg went out alone? And that was... 3-ish years after he became CSI (please excuse my horrible memory) So maybe he really isn't ready to work with anyone other than The boss or his trusty girlfriend or his favorite CSI or... whatever Catherine is. Did I miss anybody? (And no, for once I'm NOT trying to be sarcastic) I just don't think Grissom has ever thought very highly of either of them, maybe he just doesn't trust them alone...

And no, I don't think the idea is ridiculous. We're trying to figure out, if it was just an ordinary everyday lab with ordinary everyday people why 2 CSI's were not allowed to work alone with each other when they were allowed to work with everyone else.

7. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

If you want to play with the idea of CSIs making mistakes, you'd have to look at Catherine. She's made a great many mistakes over the years. I can think of many off the top of my head, from telling the husband who his wife was having an affair with in "Pledging Mr. Johnson", right through to Keppler and the reverse forensics in "Redrum". She's made more mistakes than anyone else on the team, including Greg.

I recall listening to audio commentaries that the writers liked putting Greg and Sara together for the soul reason that the two have great 'chemistry', which I will agree with. Greg and Sara have always worked well together, and seem to have an understanding.

However, the same is of Nick and Greg. In terms of on screen chemisty, these two have the strongest. They have always had an electricity to their scenes that just makes you sit up and take notice because you know it's going to be good. That was one of the greatest things about seasons 1-3: the Nick and Greg interaction.

It died off in season 4, and has been non-existant since. Primarily because we hardly see Greg anymore, but also because we have been seeing an unbalance in regards to allocating of cases and screentime given to the individual characters (Warrick is another casualty of this).

Another thing worth noting is Greg should be coming up on his test for CSI 2 very soon, and Nick is third in charge behind Grissom and Catherine. It's just odd that these two have never been assigned to work together. It bugs me.

8. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

Yeah but, seriously, a whole thread devoted to speculation that has no basis, since the question under consideration has never actually been addressed on the show and your looking for an in show explanation.

But I can make the exact same argument about Sara and Sofia’s on screen chemistry. At least you’ve got years of character interaction between the two, and in fact all the guys on CSI to fall back on. If you’re even remotely interested in whether the women on the show get along with each other you’re basically screwed since most of the time either none of them seem to get along or they don’t get any kind of meaningful interaction besides the regular procedural stuff. if you ask me you should just consider yourselves lucky that you get so much buddy buddy interaction between the guys on the show (including Nick and Greg).

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with you Clarrisani about Catherine. She made too many mistake, she has never paid for her mistake and she got away with it all the time, so it Warrick. Sometime she make me mad.

Only 3 people have never get away with it are Nick, Sara and Greg. I know Sara help Greg to get level 1. I would love to see Nick help him to get level 2. I wondering when he is going to get it to level 2.

I would love to see the comedy again between those three, like Rashomama, that was good episode for Nick, Greg and Sara.

Sara and Greg may work well together, but Sara does work good with Nick, because he like to tease her so much and he felt safe around her.

How about this, you write to the writer and give them idea, if they listen.

10. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

Don't worry, I wasn't aiming my ticked offedness (new word!) at you, but at those people who were bringing up the mistakes. Plus I was uber-grumpy that day. :lol:

And to the other poster, yes, I still stand by my claim that Greg is a pretty great CSI. Remember Burn Out when he came up with getting the clean gas and matching it? Even Grissom didn't think of the way to get the gas out.

11. Alien_from_mars

I dont think it has anything to do with mistakes, I guess there is a reason behind it. Perhaps the produces just havent found a case that would suit them both, if you get what I mean..
    Maybe you will see them work together in later series. :)

12. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

Hay, I never said Greg wasn’t a good CSI (I believe competent was the word I used); just that I felt that with the complexities and multiple disciplines required in his job that he had a ways to go before he could be a really good CSI.

But is a debate about whether they are good CSI’s or not really on topic, or should this go in the character thread.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

To clairfy what this topic is, as posted in the orginial post.
    While expanding on these is a good thing lets remember that expanding too far off could cause confusion and or loss of memory of what the topic is. ;)

14. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i dont think there's anything to it. they might eventually in the next season work a case together...maybe it has never occurred to the writers

15. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Now, I am not a major Greg fan but even I must admit that I miss the two of them working together. But I think it's partly a choice, Nick and greg both representing the same social segment - caucaisian male. i've heard that when GE was fired, ES was the one to take that 'role' on the show. Now since GE was rehired, there is already one to fill up tat place on the show and ES and GE on the same case might not fit the writers needs for different viewpoints due to same cultural background and gender?

My theory is that Grissom noted how un-affected Greg seemed by Nick's fate in GD and is pairing up Nick with the ones he reached out for at the end; Warrick and Cath - and W/N certainly have had more scenes in S7 than I can even count. Albeit always on secondary cases, but I'm still loving that. ;)

If there's an idea behind the separation (which I seriously doubt) it should be that Grissom wants Nick to be with the ones he feels safe around?

I still thing that last season's pairing up the CSIs into the old Griss-Sara-Greg and Nick-Warrick-cath is just part laziness from the writers and nothing else.

And I missed the different pairings something awful.