Who's da boss?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Guest, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me the rankings of the main characters in the CSI shows. For instance, I know Horatio is a leuitenent and that Mac is a detective - who's rated higher?

And what grade is Grissom?

And have they all similar qualfications in laboratory work?

Cheers! Thanks in advance.

2. Calihan

Calihan Captain

The LV CSIs aren't cops as well, so Grissom doesn't have a grade like Horatio and Mac. I don't know about the other Miami characters. NY I tihnk everoyne except Lindsay and Hawkes are detectives. I think that Mac probably is the highest grade detective.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks needmorecsi :)

Is Mac higher ranked than Horatio, then - and is Grissom just a lab tech gaffer?

We're discussing this in work - the differences in their jobs and we're like this: :confused:

Cheers!

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Ranks and requirements could vary from one state to another, and from one city to another in the same state.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I thought Mac was also a detective lieutenant...I remember reading it somewhere. So maybe he and Horatio are equal.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I remember hearing Mac say he was CSI first grade. That might be a high rank in New York, but of course that depends on the city. There was no mention that he was a Lieutenant. With Miami, Horatio is Lieutenant, while the rest of his team are Detectives. ;)

Mac and Horatio aren't exactly 'equal' persay, but they are both the supervisors of their department, thus they hold much of the same responsibilities.

As for the qualifications for laboratory work, it again depends on the city.

7. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

Lindsay is a detective.

8. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I don't think she is. I think she needs more experience in the NYPD to become a detective, instead of just being an investigator.

9. Finch

Lindsay wears the badge, and she was already a CSI back in Montana (I believe), so it's probably implied that she's already a Detective. If not, she's still a police officer.

10. MacsGirlMel

Ah...it could've been one of the books or the CBS bio and you know how reliable those can be. Or if his military ID said Lt. I might have gotten confused when writing up a game bio and kept on thinking he was a police Lt instead.

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

From Miami:

Horatio is Lt.
    Not sure about Eric & Calleigh (I think they are detectives) but they are officers and I think they are still CSI Level 1. They may have moved them up but they've never mentioned it.
    Ryan was already an officer.
    Speedle was a Level 3 detective.

BTW, the ranks on Miami are the opposite of NY. On Miami, 3 is the highest and on NY 3 is the lowest.

From NY:

Mac, Stella, Danny, and Lindsay are all detectives. They all introduce themselves as "detective so and so". Mac and Stella are grade 1's. Danny and Lindsay are grade 3's. Hawkes is only a CSI and not a detective. Aiden was a grade 3 also.

From Vegas:

They are CSI's only so they only have ranks for CSI's. Levels I, II, & III.

12. Finch

Horatio: Lieutenant. (CSI)
    Speedle: CSI Level 3. (Detective)
    Calleigh: CSI Level 2. (Detective)
    Delko: CSI Level 1. (Detective)
    Ryan Wolfe: Officer. (Patrol/CSI)

(In this case, Speedle's next rank would have been Captain, ranking him the highest out of the CSIs. Except Horatio of course. Horatio is the highest ranking.) - Rankings aren't the same in Vegas, so being 'Captain' does not make it the same as Brass.
    :)

And you're right about NY, how Level One is the highest, and Level Three is the lowest. ;)

13. MacsGirlMel

So than what was the rank of the guy on NY? Darn it, I can never remember his name...the one who called Stella out for aggressive questioning. He's obviously Mac's surperior but what rank is he?

14. Finch

Hmm...Wasn't that an IAB guy? Or was that the Chief...

15. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

Chief Hilbourne (from Internal Affairs)