Who would you like to see as the new undersheriff? (NO spoilers!)

Who would you like to see as the new undersheriff?

• Total voters
So Undersheriff is an actual title? My dad and I were wondering about that. I thought they made up that word and that it was the same as assistant sheriff. Thanks for that info, speedy. :)

You are very welcome! If you want to see more, here's the link to the LVMPD website. It shows you the sheriffs are and more.

Thanks. :) I printed the info out so I can send it to my dad cause I'll probably forget about it next time I speak with him on the phone. :lol:

So, Mckeen was Brass' superior and Brass still talked back to him. Good for Brass. :D

Brass did say when McKeen invited him to his house Mckeen was a detective then. I wonder how high rank you have to be before you can be undersheriff.

Wasn't Sofia's mother a captain in the police force? I wonder if she's still working. Maybe she could become the Undersheriff.

So if the Undersheriff is in fact over Brass, then it goes back to the question of why is Brass involved with finding his superior?

Also, the Undersheriff wasn't in CSI prior to S6. Before that Brass reported to the sheriff (Atwater, Mobley, Burdick). I suspect the writers are taking the same liberties that they take with CSIs who carry guns, chase after and interrogate suspects. In other words, it really doesn't matter what the actual LVMPD does, the writers are going to do what they want.

I'd like to see Vartann as the Undersherriff, i think he'd be quite good, and he was a character they could have done more with.

But also, i would love to see Sofia back, she just kind of disappeared :( and I did like her character, so if it was a way to get her back, I'd like to see that.

Hands down BRASS, he's a great Det. I love him.. and is faithful, loyal honest and true and doesn't take crap off of anybody, plus his snarky one-liners would be awesome, he would be my pick so perfect, and hope they offer it to him. Vartann is a recurring guest, I believe the character or Alex, has moved on to other projects, and isn't a regular on CSI anymore, as so many aren't. But one never knows, maybe they offered him a deal he couldn't refuse, time will tell~Why is Sofia on this poll, Louise Lombard is in England and to my knowledge is not returning to CSI~

Last edited:
As I recall, Vartann is in the next couple of episodes. So yes, time will tell on his character.

I did initially vote for him to be the next undersheriff. But I think it would be an awkward situtation for him to have Brass report to him. :eek:

I think a new character would be a good idea. Like someone else brought up, the Undersheriff is not a regular either. So, someone like Vartann would be perfect. Even if Alex Carter has other commitments. But again, someone else could be an interesting addition to CSI.

Personally, I would love to see Sofia Curtis come back... but I just can't see her in that roll. I'd prefer to keep her as a detective. I think that really worked for the character.

Brass would be a good, logical choice. Once again, though, I'd prefer to see him stay as a detective. He's been there since the beginning, and with so many cast changes all at once, it would be nice to keep him where he is. Besides that, the undersherrif only shows up now and then. I like having him in every episode.

Overall, I think I'm going to have to go with Someone New. The possibilities are endless ;)

Why is Sofia on this poll, Louise Lombard is in England and to my knowledge is not returning to CSI~

Well that could possibly be the case but can't we wish that she could return. If you're being that picky about the characters O'Reilly hasn't be seen since season 2 or 3 and you're not complaining about him being on the list. To me this is just a wish list. We don't even know if there will be a new Undersheriff.

I put Sofia on the poll because someone else mentioned they'd like to see her be undersheriff (before I started the thread) and I was trying not to leave anyone out. :lol: Plus, I wanted to have a few more choices on there. Yeah she hasn't been on the show in a while and yeah I did know she was England, but there's nothing saying that she couldn't renew her role if they want her back. A lot of fans want her back. You never know what's going to happen in the world of CSI. :D

In all liklihood, O'Reilly is probably retired by now, but I threw him on there anyway. More choices. :D

So if the Undersheriff is in fact over Brass, then it goes back to the question of why is Brass involved with finding his superior?

It probably is more for advice than anything. Sometimes when they have to find a new boss, a director or owner will ask their employees (the ones that have seniority and/or trust) to help pick someone. Even if said director or owner doesn't agree and hires someone else, they may take into account what was said by the employees. Most times, this isn't the case, but it does happen sometimes.

And Brass probably got away with talking to McKeen like that because at one time, they were equals... even though Brass was the new guy, they were the same level. And Brass got the promotion to head of CSI. McKeen... who knows where he was. Either way, they were equals at some point before the show.

Last edited:
I like the idea of Brass as the new Undersheriff. He's a great detective, smart, witty, and would be great. I'm sure his experience in vice would serve him well as an Undersheriff. He just seems to have a sixth sense about people. Thinking Warrick killed Gedda notwithstanding, he knows when someone is dirty.

BTW, Vega and Vartann were gone for several years and then came back, why can't Sophia. I don't think she'd be the right person, but....I'd love to see her back.

I think I've been thinking about this for too long. Just the mention of Det. Vartann got me thinking about the possiblity of his return. :drool: :luvlove:

Anyway, I was chatting with a friend. We came to a conclusion; no Brass, no Vartann. Det. Vega is certainly a possibility. I mean ....

Vega and Vartann were gone for several years and then came back, why can't Sophia. I don't think she'd be the right person, but....I'd love to see her back.

Vega could make a good undersheriff. He went from the gang unit to homicide didn't he? Plus I don't think he'd go dirty either.

Ecklie came up as well. Ecklie plays the polical game that neither Brass nor Vartann would. Although Ecklie is not a cop, he's got the connections.

So, my friend and I came up with a plan... Det. Munch from Law and Order SVU! He'd be the perfect undersheriff. He's snarky enough, loves consipracy theories and is an over all good Detective.

Anyone else??

Back