Who would you like to see as the new undersheriff? (NO spoilers!)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by GregNickRyanFan, Oct 17, 2008.

?

Who would you like to see as the new undersheriff?

1. Captain Jim Brass

28.6%
  2. Detective Tony Vartann

20.0%
  3. Detective Sofia Curtis

14.3%
  4. Detective Chris Cavalier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Detective Sam Vega

2.9%
  6. Sgt. O'Reilly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other/someone new

34.3%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

On tonight's episode, Brass mentioned that he had to find a new undersheriff. So, I thought it'd be fun to discuss who we'd all like to see become the new undersheriff.

Please do not post any spoilers here.

===

I hope I got all of the first names for the detectives correct. I remember Nick calling Cavalier "Chris" in the ep where the kid killed his brother. And I think Vartann's first name is Tony (that's what it's been in fics I've read anyway) and I thought I heard someone call Vega "Sam" before. I couldn't remember O'Reilly's first name though.

===

I'd personally like to see Vartann as the new undersheriff.

I know some would like Brass to be the undersheriff, but I think that would change his role too much and he wouldn't be around as often or get to work with the CSIs as often.

My second choice would be Sofia.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I picked "Other/someone new" only because while I like the others in the list, if they need to fall back on someone being the bad guy, jerk, I would rather it be someone new who comes in with the attitude. I mean we knew Eckley was a jerk, therefore his attitude with his promotion wasn't a big surprise. But the others in the list didn't seem the type to be the hard headed jerk, or the nicey nicey person.

Brass would be great for the job don't get me wrong, but he didn't like the stress that came with heading CSI, he certainly has made comments about the job he has now as Captain is stressful but not overly so. Sofia would be nice to see again but she got close (while not to close) with the team and would kind of be hard seeing her have to come down on them. The others would be going from Sgt, or Det. straight into undersheriff to big a leap in promotion, considering we haven't seen them in what seems like a million year.

Personally I hope whoever is brought in doesn't have the Eckley/Mckeen attitudes, but yet isn't nicey nicey either, kind of down the middle I won't take crap, but unless you deserve it I won't give it. This way we may never have to see them. :lol::p

3. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

What qualifications are required to become an undersheriff?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. saramarie2008

saramarie2008 Dead on Arrival

I voted for Sophia, I think she would do a great job. At the same time though, I wouldn't mind seeing someone new.. So either way is good with me. I just really liked Sophia, and wish she was around more.

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I selected other/new. Realistically the only one who would stand a chance to be the new undersheriff would be Brass and I don't think that would happen. He's part of the selection committee so that's not going to happen. I like Brass the way he is. If he were to become the undersheriff I think he would lose the sense of humour we've grown to love over the years. In an unrealistic world I would love to see Vartann or Vega get the position. Having Vartann become the Undersheriff would mean more Alex Carter :)

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I second that :D :drool:
    And Vartann is not a crooked cop and wouldn't go on the take. He's straight-forward and genuine and that's why he'd make a good undersheriff.

But, I almost think someone else would be a good storyline. Sort of like the new CSI. A fresh face so to speak. Someone that would be on the good side of the law and that wouldn't second guess the CSI's or detectives.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I would love to see Sofia Curtis come back as undersheriff.

McKaine once told her that she was going places in the department (Big Shots) but he is such a snake he probably said it to get into her pants.

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Like Wojo I'd love to see Sofia back. But that's only wishful thinking (unfortuanately). And I remember that moment from Big Shots. Yeah, I think like you in this point too.

My second choice is someone new. It's easy for me too see other person there. Maybe Vartann too? Hmmm...

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I'm confused about Brass looking for the undersheriff replacement.
    Wasn't the undersheriff Brass' superior? So if he was a higher rank, why should be Brass the one choosing the new one? I guess it should be the sheriff who should be looking for the undersheriff replacement instead.

10. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Brass reports directly to the sheriff. The Undersheriff is most likely a peer, meaning he's the same level as Brass, just with a different, more administrative function. In the episode, Redrum, Brass chews the US a new one for not doing his job. If he was Brass's superior, I doubt he would have taken it the way he did.

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

If it is not Brass I would want to see someone new. Overall I think someone new would be best, since the Undersheriff overall does not play a big role on the show.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Well, since some want someone new, should we suggest actors who could play the role?

I'm all for Bill Pullman myself. I just :adore: him. :lol:

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'd like to see Vartann or Vega get the job. They are both such awesome detectives.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Brass would report to the Undersheriff. They wouldn't be equals. Now since CSI doesn't use the Assistant Sheriff's, on the show they would report directly to the Undersheriff.

Anyways, this is the structure of the LVMPD (even if the show does leave off the 'M') The bolding is mine.

You can find this information on Wikipedia.

15. GregNickRyanFan

So Undersheriff is an actual title? My dad and I were wondering about that. I thought they made up that word and that it was the same as assistant sheriff. Thanks for that info, speedy. :)