Who should step in for Marg? *Possible Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Nov 7, 2011.

1. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Of course my top choice is to bring Grissom back and maybe make him be under D.B. in rank because he did not want the work of supervisor. I know that is not likely though. So my other choices would be bring back Louise Lombard (aka Sofia). There is also there option of putting more focus on Brody and Sara. With Nick, Greg and D.B. that is a good amount of people to do stories with. As for bringing in a now actor I am not sure if the show really needs that. There has been so many changes in recent years that another new face might be too much.

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think the show needs a female lead. I really don't want yet another new character and then episodes, or whatever, are devoted to developing that character. :rolleyes:

I'm really kinda tired of it. Keep it with the current cast and focus on THEM more.

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I disagree about not needing another female. It's always been such a male dominated cast and it continues to be. Right now we have: DB, Nick, Greg, Doc, Dave, Hodges, Brass, Vartann, Ecklie, Henry vs Catherine, Sara, very little Mandy and Brody. Sara doesn't even appear in all the episodes. So that would leave (sometimes) Brody as the only female representation and that's just too little. I do think we need another female.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, after Marg leaves they could show Brody more. Another female, fine, as long as we don't have to have time after time devoted to her back story.

Also, I said female lead, not just a female. ;) Yes, I said we don't need another new character, and we don't, but another female would be fine, just not a lead, not another big name and not this 'we have to learn everything about this character on every episode because this could be the last season' crap. :rolleyes:

And personally, I really don't care how many men vs. women there are on this show.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Bolding is mine. As long as you have your Nick... ;)

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Honestly, we don't *need* a third female in the main cast as both of the other two CSI shows currently only have two females each in the main cast. However, it has been said that tptb will be getting someone else after Cath and that it would be a "name actress"... so I guess we will have to accept that... unless they change their minds.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

My comment has nothing to do with Nick. :rolleyes:

And he's not in the forefront this season, so that should make 99% of the fans on here happy.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Maybe not *need*, but it makes for a more balanced show IMO. It is a trend CBS has in it's shows to have more male dominated casts. I just think it makes it more interesting to mix it up and makes for a better dynamic and more interesting storylines *shrugs*. It's like when I was little and couldn't stand the thought of going to an all girls school, thought it must have been so boring lol.

9. GregNickRyanFan

I wouldn't mind a new female in the cast as long as the character doesn't take screen time away from the regulars, but I'm just fine with Sara and Morgan being the only females once Marg leaves.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

A female lead would be great, but not this season...and not until they figure out if Morgan is going to last. I think DB is a solid winner, but if Morgan turns out to be a "Riley" and disappears then we're back to square one.

When the show started the team was 3 men and 2 women. When Marg leaves the team will be 3 men and 2 women, so why add a third person, male or female?

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

That was back when the ratio was a bit different. The lab rats weren't as involved and the cast was rather small. Now there's more of lab rats and coroners being included. And the main cast--save for Catherine, Sara, and Morgan--are male.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm with you, Smokey! We've always had 3 men, 2 women CSI's, 1 detective, 1 coroner, 1 asst coroner and lab rats. So really not much different.

13. GregNickRyanFan

I definitely don't think they should add someone new to the main cast this season. I think if they have a new potentially full time/lead character, she should be introduced slowly in a recurring capacity for a while before being added to the opening credits as a main character and being added to the opening credits as a main character definitely should not happen before next season.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly!

15. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Yeah she might be introduiced as a guest star in the 12th season final episode : like Morgan was last year !