"Who and What" Discussion *SPOILERS

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
Notice: Due to the crossover, we will allow both CSI LV and Without A trace discussions in here as it pertains to CSI LV on part 2. But keep in mind there is also a "Without a trace" thread in the "General Tv & Media forum".

Air Date: Thursday, November 08, 2007
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#805) "Who and What"

GRISSOM AND THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATE THE DEATH OF A BOY IN VEGAS WHO MIGHT BE A KIDNAP VICTIM, MISSING FROM NEW YORK SIX YEARS AGO.
- Anthony LaPaglia ("Without A Trace") Guest Stars in This First Part of a Two-Part Crossover Episode to Conclude on "Without A Trace," directly after CSI - In Part One of a Two-Part crossover episode to conclude on "Without A Trace," a kidnap victim from New York who went missing six years ago may be the same boy whose death Grissom and the CSI team are investigating in Las Vegas

Without A Trace Air Date: Thursday, November 08, 2007 - Episode Title: (#605) "Where & Why" - Continuing where "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" left off, the FBI team and Gil Grissom search for a pattern which will help them capture a suspected killer. Cast List for this episode of WOAT can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of this thread.

SERIES REGULARS:
Gil Grissom: William Petersen
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
Hodges: Wallace Langham

RECURRING:
David Phillips: David Berman
Archie Johnson: Archie Kao
Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey

GUEST CAST:
Jack Malone: Anthony LaPaglia
Carmen Davis: Kim Beuche
Evan Michaels: Brett Coker
Tom Michaels: Denis O'Hare
Paul Fournier: Dig Wayne
Terry Wicker: John Hawkes
Soccer Player: A.J. Noel
Bloody Man: Tom Katsis
Det. Ruben Bejarano: Anthony Ruivivar
Floor Manager: Nicole Cannon
Station Yard Controller: Muse Watson
Hobo: Jasper Cole
Kobe: Nathan Gamble
Gina Farentino: Sarah Danielle Madison

Part 1: WRITTEN BY: Allen MacDonald and Naren Shankar, one of the series' executive producers
DIRECTED BY: Kenneth Fink

Part 2: (Without A Trace) WRITTEN BY: Jan Nash and Greg Walker, two of the series' executive producers
DIRECTED BY: Jonathan Kaplan

Thanks To:
"The Futon Critic - CSI"
"The Futon Critic - Without A Trace"
CSIFiles 'CSI' Crosses Over With 'Without A Trace'

Taken from the Spoiler thread:

"I am still not that excited, without a trace has never appealed to me, and the lead guy talks funny. And I am still upset that it isn't a cross-over with New York."

Anthony LaPagia is from Australia, but he's lived in New York City for over 20 years. I don't think his accent sounds funny, but after living in the US for so long, he's learned to speak New York-ese with a bit of Aussie mixed in.

I've only heard him on the behind the scenes promo, but he didn't sound Australian at all!

i knew he wasn't american...i said the same thing when I first watched House. It does sound like he is putting on an american accent, though

pabzi said:
I've only heard him on the behind the scenes promo, but he didn't sound Australian at all!

He sure doesn't I've seen him on talk shows, and he goes back to his awesome Australian, accent and on "WOAT' none :cool: and do Americans have accents, ya' mean like Canadians?, Rich Little, a famous Canadian, comes to mind who's so awesome on stage and pronounces out as oot :eek:. maybe the 'ya'all' in the south, which is charming, and the Boston caufee [coffee] also charming, & then there's Billy Petersen with his strong Chicago accent, he pronounces car as CAW :D but to me, most Americans all sound the same ;)& if one goes all over the world they'll find "ACCENTS" abundant, diversity, isn't it great? ;)..... this will to me, be a blockbuster episode, Billy and Tony, their both incredible actors and seemily have a real life friendship as well,[TV GUIDE INTERVIEW] so it'll show this on the ep. their both intense, but their personalities are not similiar, in their handling of different situations ;)also "WOAT" is always in the top of the ratings just like CSI!

xfcanadian said:
i knew he wasn't american...i said the same thing when I first watched House. It does sound like he is putting on an american accent, though

I never knew he was in House? I dont really watch without a trace it's on when I'm eitther in bed, or at work.

In England I have no idea how they will air it, because the story line wont make sence unless they use a voice over saying " last time on Without a trace" or something like that.

LOL of course Americans have accents I love a good accent... Austalians are nice too.
Say put an American actor with an English actor then with an Austrailan one and you can tell the difference.

For example the actor Hugh Laurie in House is English, and his american accent on the show is amazing.. Louisa Lombard who plays Sofia Curtis on CSI is infact English her accent is not that bad, but House's is the best..

Call me weird but i love listening to the patterns of how people talk. Compare a Scotish person's native tongue with a person for east end of london and its sooooooooo different... Getting back on track, i dont know how this epiosde will turn out, im sure we will see lots of Grissom, Warrick and a smudge of Greg...

in the UK, CSI and Without A Trace are on different networks. (WAT on Channel 4, CSI on Channel 5 and Living TV), so I kinda doubt they will be shown together, which will be odd :D Plus I kinda doubt rival networks will give publicity to the other by pointing out it's a 2 parter!

I love the idea of a crossover with the two shows, as they are both excellent shows. And have two of the best leading men on TV right now. Problem in the UK is that WAT is a pretty low key show, whereas CSI has been one of the biggest shows for years. I don't think many even watch WAT here.

As we're on accents - Anthony LaPaglia does sound a bit Aussie. It's just certain words that are TOTALLY Aussie. On that behind the scenes clip, he sounds pretty American, but then he says something where you just go 'That's AUSSIE!".

I love different accents, and the subtleties in them. I love how sometimes Bill Petersen sounds so Chicago when he says certain words. He's an actor who does great accents as well, but of course in CSI, he can stick to his own accent, despite the fact he's meant to come from California ;)

I'm wondering if they'll put the WAT episode on the CSI season 8th DVD and putting the CSI episode on the WAT DVD... if they don't. we'll get an half story???

(I know... season 8th DVDs not coming till november 2008 but... )

Actually, I like the way Anthony LaPaglia (Jack Malone) talks ...

WAT is a really good show!

This crossover is going to be insane!

I'd say its gonna be an interesting episode!!

But I was just thinking like you don't see Sara
at all in the Promo, not even for a sec,
And while I'm sure its gonna be great,
Isn't her last week next week?
It should be a bit about her at least!!......!! xXx!

candygirl1uk said:
xfcanadian said: i knew he wasn't american...i said the same thing when I first watched House. It does sound like he is putting on an american accent, though
I never knew he was in House? I dont really watch without a trace it's on when I'm eitther in bed, or at work.
I think xf was referring to "House"'s Hugh Laurie's accent. Not that Anthony was on house.

Destiny said:
candygirl1uk said:
xfcanadian said: i knew he wasn't american...i said the same thing when I first watched House. It does sound like he is putting on an american accent, though
I think xf was referring to "House"'s Hugh Laurie's accent. Not that Anthony was on house.

:lol: oops, yeah, that is what I meant, english was never my strong subject. Thanks Destiny...

Hopefully this eppy will appeal to non-WAT viewers, and that the second eppy will be on the DVD boxset, because I am not going to buy a WAT boxset for it.

:lol: oops, yeah, that is what I meant, english was never my strong subject. Thanks Destiny...

Hopefully this eppy will appeal to non-WAT viewers, and that the second eppy will be on the DVD boxset, because I am not going to buy a WAT boxset for it.

Oh yeah. When they did the Pretender/Profiler cross-over in season 3 or 4 they totally botched it on the DVD sets because they just cut and paste from the Pretender part and the resolution from the profiler part to try to make it one episode rather than allowing the series to cross over on the DVD's as well. I was a mite pissed since I rather enjoyed the two parter when it aired on television.

So, I am with you in hoping that they make both episodes available to both DVD's.

This episode looks great. The promos for it are really intruiging. I love the line "I don't like to leave a puzzle unfinished."

Looking forward to this. :D

Back